“Best of both worlds! ... Fantastic location in beautiful Hout Bay, with Cape Town itslef only a short journey away”

Chapmans Peak Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hout Bay
Reviewed 10 July 2010

After much thought, probably the best thing about staying at the Chapman's Peak Hotel was the fantastic service that I received from every member of staff throughout the duration of my stay. Whether it was reception giving advice on local attractions, the bar staff who soon learned my favourite drinks, or the restaurant team who made sure every meal felt like a special occasion.

Rooms were amazing; spotless, well-stocked, spacious, and the sea views from the penthouse were truly breathtaking, one of the best memories of my entire trip. As a solo traveller, the hotel was also a great location for meeting new people, and the friendliness of the locals and other guests really added to my overall enjoyment and made me feel quickly at ease.

Location was also perfect. Hout Bay provides the perfect haven away from the pace and bustle of Cape Town, great walks next to the sea (whale watching in season), and plenty of bars, restaurants and shops to explore. However, with the city centre and Constantia wine route only half an hour away, you will never have the opportunity to be bored!

I could not finish my review without giving specific mention to the restaurant. This served hands down the best food I had during my 2 weeks in Cape Town (which is high praise indeed), and the service, décor and ambience were also exceptional. No visit could be complete without sampling the calamari and Portuguese steak!

When I next return to Cape Town I will not be considering staying anywhere other than the Chapman's Peak Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristian79

Reviewed 8 July 2010

We had a perfect time during the WC Football in this Family hotel. The location is very good its only 15 mins away from Cape Town and very nearby other sightseeings. The staff of this hotel is really very nice and helpful. When you are there you must taste their Calamaris this is one of the best of the world.
We will certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I stayed in Chapmans Peak for a week in June of '10. We had a fantastic room in the new part of the hotel, overlooking the bay. Rooms are very large and luxurious.

Staff was extremely friendly, both in the restaurant as well as the bar (Chappies). Don't forget the calamares and the Portugues steak, they're both excellent!!

Trip to Cape Town takes you along the most beautifil coast road I've ever seen. It takes about 20 minutes and a taxi ride costs about 200 Rand.

I will definitely come back...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Chapman Peak Hotel for 3 nights in May. It's perfectly positioned on the main Chapman Peak Road and has been recently renovated to excellent standards. We had a mountain view room and found it extremely comfortable. Staff could not have been more helpful. We were there at off peak season so the hotel was quiet, but we preferred this. Breakfast is in the main restaurant and with a good range of cold and cooked options. It's also well worth checking out the restaurant at night for the famous calamari and fabulous ribs. If you want to be just outside of Cape Town but within easy driving distance to the city center, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

what an awesome hotel... it's a family run hotel & you just feel at home from the minute you arrive & when you head into your bedroom - my sentiments was - seventh heaven. I had a sea-facing view & it was glorious to have a bath and be able to have the view to make it even more relaxing. huge bed & coffee facilities in the room was a combination of a perfect night's sleep & coffee before heading down for brekkies, whilst relaxing on the balcony taking in the seaview & sea scent.

If you're a seafood lover - I wish I could rate this higher than a 5/5 as it's definately the best seafood I've ever had. I'm from SA, but live in the UK & every year I visit I get my seafood fix at Chappies.

Hoping the next time I visit I am on the arm of my dream man to share this experience with. Perfect for a relaxing holiday or a romantic holiday!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ronnie_wentzel
Reviewed 25 May 2010

The overall experinec was fantastic. Not only is the interior beautifull, but aldso very luxurious. The view from the rooms is breathtaking! The general service and assistance was 5 star!. I espeailly enjoyed the added extra of having pluge coffe in my room.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We have stayed Chapman's Peak Hotel for a week as a group. It was really spectacular. The rooms are very comfortable, you have everything you need. The staff is always smiling and very professional. Beside this they have the best restaurant at the hotel. Calamari is really unforgettable. I think the success is from the owners who runs the hotel.
We really enjoyed staying there and we will definetely go back there again. It has been only a month since we came back but we already missed Cape Town...

• Stayed: April 2010
#1 of 7 in Bloubergstrand
POD Camps Bay
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay

Been to Chapmans Peak Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!