The Robertson Small Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Loganda Karoo Lodge(Touwsrivier)
  • Pool
All reviewsattention to detailboutique hotelcomplimentary mini barbeautiful hotelpool suitehoneymoon suitereubens restaurantwellness roomstable roomlittle gemturn down servicecape townan oasissmall townpork bellywine listbefore dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2013

You might agree with me when saying that guests are often inclined to berather quick to complain when service is poor, however fail to acknowledgewhen it is good.It is for this reason that I wish to advise that my wife and I was most impressed by thepleasant and attentive disposition of your staff, Alwyn and in particular JD when staying at your exquisite establishment over this weekend. It is seldom that one encounters an individual whose passion for his job is so eloquently displayed and reminiscent in his dealings with the guest. JD exhausted all avenues to make our stay extremely pleasant. I subsequently feel honoured topublicly commend JD for outstanding service and faultless professional behaviour.

Room Tip: Try and get a pool suite. When staying in the stable suites you will hear all noises coming from the room above due to merely a wooden floor level. All rooms in the Manor house have wooden floors, leading to one hearing all the foot steps in the morning and at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed the last 3 years at the Small Hotel and each visit they somehow get better and better. Not only are the rooms magically tended and refreshed with an amazing natural attention to detail. My first visit 2011 I met J.D. de Villiers who went far above the call of duty to make the stay embracing and special as well as many on the staff. It is certainly special when staff can so easily connect with guests and read them so well to help plan a wonderful experience. This visit to The Small Hotel for my husband's birthday, we awoke to the Ruben's blackboard changed to a birthday message and all throughout the day the staff was there with little niceties. When you find an accommodation that is world class with world class people working there and giving their all, it's easy to want to keep returning. It's one of my favorite places on the planet. I hope The Small Hotel will be on my list of places to visit again next year. It's a much needed escape from a year living in China.

Room Tip: If staying on a busy weekend, if you want to sleep late, you might request a room not so close to the reception desk only because guests can be a bit noisy, the staff is like fairies with walking and talking softly. The beds are amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Ann C
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed there again and as always the setting, the people, the food, the accommodation was simply wonderful. Service was as always extraordinarily good made even better by the professionalism of all the staff but especially JD. Unobtrusive, wonderful concern for our well being. Nothing was too much trouble.......thank you so much to everybody there!

Room Tip: We loved our room but it was just a tad noisy....people walking up and down [Room 2] next time we are going to stay in the Stables.....but nonetheless a truly magnificent hotel....we were allowed to have SO much fun!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JBCapeTown
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Robertson Small Hotel is without any doubt our special jewel. This place wowed us for the second time. The balance between friendliness, down to earth and professional staff is perfect. We had a great time in the poolside room, having supper on the patio and relaxing throughout the day reading and having wine. The bedroom is excellent, the bed perfect and the bathroom to die for. We enjoyed long hot baths sucking up this luxury.

The only negative point we have is that the light wakes up up to early in the morning, blinds at the top windows would be nice.

Room service at the press of a button without complaints or excuses.

This is highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank StaffRoelofse
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I visited Cape Town recently to spend the big "70" with extended family. The family decided to take us to the Small Hotel, Robertson to celebrate the birthday. What a little gem this hotel is. Our room was extremely comfortable, well appointed and stylishly decorated. The staff were welcoming and extremely attentive throughout our stay. Both dinner and breakfast at Reubens restaurant were outstanding. This is a small luxury hotel the likes of which you would perhaps not expect to find in rural surroundings. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms opening out directly onto the pool would be a good choice for summer time.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple