“Enjoyable evening”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Cheshire
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Dinner at Passio was a quiet affair with only one other couple of diners.

We had lamb chops and a chicken and mushroom dish that we enjoyed, served by a smiling waiter, wine was very reasonable and good.

We spent a lot of the time talking with the owners and very much enjoyed our evening.

• Visited February 2014

Robertson Wine Valley, South Africa
“Option to stop at while driving R60”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

New owners trying their best to be unique. Good and safe option to stop at for a quick bite while on the road...

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jannie S
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diner-style coffee, but perfectly poached eggs”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had breakfast at Passio's on Saturday morning and had the restaurant to ourselves. I don't usually enjoy dining in empty restaurants, but in the quiet town of Robertson, this didn't really matter to us. The coffee was cheap and I found out why - it really wasn't not much to speak of, although it came in a cool-looking cup. However, I was impressed by the poached eggs on toast I requested, which, at a cheerful R15, were a real breakfast bargain.

• Visited December 2013
Lincoln, England
“No food forthcoming from the kitchen”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

2 wines we asked for we're not on the menu. We had to ask 3 times for our water. Cannot comment on the food as we were here for over an hour with no food presented.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ruth-Graham
Montagu, South Africa
“Tried it, have a problem”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I decided to try a light lunch at Passio having tried most other eateries in the area and although my wife enjoyed her three-cheese-pizza, I was extremely disappointed with the Texan Burger. The patties were obviously made in-house and had a little too much rosemary, also they were undercooked while being overcooked on the outer edges and totally raw on the inside having barely been heated in the middle. For someone who loves medium rare steaks, this is saying a lot. Also, the service was a little disappointing in that conversations were interrupted without so much as an "excuse me" and relatively slow. The coffee is not anything to write home about either.

I trust that some form of food quality checking will take place in future. It is not like we had to stand in line for our table, in fact, business was quite slow.

We nevertheless wish you a successful future. We won't be back.

• Visited November 2013