“Amazing time!”

Klipdrift Distillery
Ranked #3 of 28 things to do in Robertson
More attraction details
Owner description: Klipdrift is not only known for its hospitality and generosity, but also for the spirit in which one becomes friends - even though you've only just met. A visit to Klipdrift will not be complete without a bite to eat at the Klipdrift Burger in particular is famous for its unique Klipdrift twist. Tours and tastings are held daily and there is also a selection of Klipdrift cocktails to experience.
Cape Town, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing time!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I must say that I was completely at home at the Klipdrift Distillery. From the moment I arrived I received a warm welcome from the staff, to my last moment I felt like I was among family and friends!

The tasting was very interesting and the tasty treats made each variant that much more tasty.

I had some food from their on site restaurant, which was great too however the best part must've been the Black Gold cocktail, so creamy and yum!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank AmyAbrahams

Pretoria, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tasty Tasting”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

From the moment we walked through the doors we were impressed by the level of service we received. My husband did the sweet tasting and I did the coctail tasting and we really enjoyed it. The tour through the distillery was very informative. Definitely a must on the wine route!

Visited April 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A marketing marvel”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Let me start by stating I am not a Brandy drinker as a rule, but I do love a cognac after dinner on occassion. I know the area well and decided to try Klipdrift rather than the normal wine estates with my overseas guest. It was an extremely pleasant surprise ! I love the brand as they have the most innovative and quirky advertising (on par with Nando's) geared for a South African market. We decided to do the cellar tour and the paired tasting at R 45-00 per person. The paired tasting only is R 20-00 per person. This really should be done after a substantial lunch, and yes they do serve a limited (but I am sure quality) menu on site. The cellar tour was interesting if you know nothing about how brandy is made, the room where the barrels are kept cleared my sinuses in minutes with the vapours from the barrels so not suitable for children or anyone in a sensitive state after a few wine estates. We were greeted in the opulant bar and lounge area (which would be fantastic in winter) with a sparkling brandy drink that was refreshing on the palate. We were then seated and given five glasses containing the different brandies and four tasters. The first was the normal Klipdrift, which is the only brand exported, paired with an apricot shortbread,Mmmm. The second was a Premium brandy with a cinnamon and nut fudge, smoother but not my favourite. The third was the Gold brandy, and it was paired with a dark chocolate truffle, love at first bite. I know that we are not allowed to use the word cognac, but I don't care, this was an excellent cognac. We both instantly bought a bottle, and although I could not persuade the staff to part with any truffles 'for the road' they did kindly give me the recipe. The last brandy was one of their vintage brands and paired with a koeksuster, it is much deeper and tastier. We were lucky to enjoy the newly released Black Gold, served on ice and a lovely coffee liquor taste. I hope I got this all in the right order....but after a few tots you will understand the possible confusion. This was well worth the visit, and I will be back...

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Chandreroux
Cape Town, South Africa
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Klipdrift Distillery”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I am not really a brandy drinker but I decided I would give it a try. I am glad I did. I did the sweet tasting option and have decided I do like brandy after all. Unfortunately I chose a time of the day when the distillery tour was not running. However I was made to feel very welcome and given royal treatment for the tasting.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Oogly
Bloemfontein, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Klipdrift tasting and tour”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This tour is really a must see in Robertson. Even if you're not a brandy drinker! The tour is very informative and the whole history of how Klipdrift started is shared. It's something true to South Africa.

Visited September 2013