“Bespoke luxuries in a beautiful, rural setting”

Rosendal Winery & Wellness Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Robertson
Perth, United Kingdom
“Bespoke luxuries in a beautiful, rural setting”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

great location for getting a bit off the beaten track in the Western Cape and yet still being close to great wine farms, farm shops and things to do. Been here both with and without kids. It's not the best place to come with very young children as there are no interconnected rooms (or there weren't when we were there) and each room opens onto the outside - our day dreamers would quite likely have wondered off in the wrong direction if trying to find mum and dad! The rooms are lovely - modern "country" feel and clean-edged. The restaurant is light, open and good staff and a great menu. You really get the feel the owner's have invested great time and effort and energy and you are somewhere special - not just a faceless corporate hotel.

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the pool
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fionava
Geir-Rosendal-Winery, Owner at Rosendal Winery & Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review - it means a lot to us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us some time ago - and we hope to see you and your family at the farm soon again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bardufoss, Norway
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We came straight to Rosendahl after a long trip from Norway. Immediately i felt so relaxed and in harmony at Rosendal. We booked a lot of treatments at the SPA, which was excellent! Lovely and peaceful place to stay at for some days. Nice food and beautiful sunset! We did several activities in the area during our 4 days at Rosendal: walking morning trips in the area, lunchcruise at the river, winetasting on three different wineries, and reading books in the lovely garden by the pool. We will come back to this lovely place next time we go to South Africa!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you so much for your kind words in the review. It does mean a lot to us all at the farm. We hope to see you next time you and your family visit South Africa.
Cape Town
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This is a place I keep getting back to. Why? Because it calms me down, it has a beautiful scenery, the spa treatments are first class and the staff makes me feel welome.
The winetasting is charming, and the restaurant has been upgraded with a new chef. I really enjoyed the new wine and foodpairing meny. And I will be back soon

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Amanda031CapeTown
Thank you so much for your nice feedback for Rosendal. We strive to do out best, and the rewards are so great when we can read about it on TripAdvisor. I hope to see you soon again at our farm!
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Rule number 1, don't book! Off course the're on a stunning location, have super de luxe rooms and great food, but the're way above my price range. Just drive by and check for a room you'll get great discount.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Babbelas
Thank you so much for your nice feedback for Rosendal, we sincerely hope to see you at our farm soon again!
Tvedestrand, Aust-Agder, Norway
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was my third trip back to Rosendal, and I will come back. Again and again. A great atmosphere, excellent food (and I´m a vegetarian and have glüten allergy.. That´s not an easy one. But at Rosendal - they treat me like a queen, and I feel like an angel.)

E A S Y T O F A L L I N L O V E W I T H R O S E N D A L
Rosendal is a kind of a secret place that parts of you never want to tell anyone, (cause you want to keep the diamond for your self... and parts of you want to shout out to the world: come here - feel this amazing place get under your skin. And of course - shared joy is double fun.
Tripadvisor is a great tool to find out who enjoys and who recommend what. What kinda people travels where and when?

W H E N T O G O ?
My best advice is to travel to South Africa and Robertson/the wine route between november and february. But that´s because I really love when it´s summertime and the hotter the better;)
I usually stay in South Africa for some weeks at a time, and therefor I appriciate extra the days at Rosendal every time. It´s in the middle of everything, and at the same time - I can relax, enjoy the silence of life - or feel like I´m in the middle of it. I´ve done gamedriving - that´s makes my heart beat faster, and faster... and to get a part of the wild life here - how exotic!

W H A T T O D O W H E N V I S I T I N G R O S E N D A L ?
A trip on the river, with baskets full of great wine, nice food and fresh air - a perfect thing to do on a sunday. Or a wednesday. Whenever. Cause there is things I allways have to do. That´s the spa-treatments! HOt stones, manicure, pedicure - massages, skintherapy and I really try to get around the list - and try close to all the treatments.... My batteries get loaded - and I´m ready to meet the world again after some days at Rosendal.

And that´s why I keep on travelling to SA and keep on coming back. I love the country, the people - I love this place. (That´s probably impossible not to understand by reading my review or seeing my pics...? )

Wish you all a great stay at Rosendal. Enjoy their great wine, remember to book winetasting (!!) and all the spa you deserve. Sit outside on the veranda in the mornings, just listening to birds and life. Let the days come. Get cooled in the pool, try to understand the sunsets... Life is easy at Rosendal!

Céline

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank CelineThommesen
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We were eleven people arriving at Rosendal for a three days stay. The place is gorgeous with a calm and friendly atmosphere. The staff was service minded and we most certainly enjoyed a couple of lazy days at the pool drinking delicious local white wine. The food and service in the restaurant was excellent.

The spa offers several treatments, and after busy days in Cape Town our shoulders and necks needed some attention. The staff at the spa took good care of us and made our stay even more pleasant.

The rooms at Rosendal are excellent and perfect for a recovery weekend.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank MortenD63
Cape Town
Reviewed 1 December 2011

What a lovely, peaceful place to spend some time. Robertson is about two hours from Cape Town and not too far for a weekend away. Relaxing in the pool with a view over the valley was wonderful and the staff were great. (Not too quick but who was in a hurry)

Not really geared for children but David had a ball swimming and fishing in the dam within view of our room

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robertson
Montagu Country Hotel
#12 of 25 in Robertson
Olive Garden Country Lodge
Olive Garden Country Lodge
#6 of 20 in Robertson

Been to Rosendal Winery & Wellness Retreat? Share your experiences!