“The Sunday carvery is worth the trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sedgefield Arms

Sedgefield Arms
Ranked #18 of 38 Restaurants in Sedgefield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The Sunday carvery is worth the trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Not knowing a thing about the place apart from my 50- something brothers glowing review, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to find. Walking with a crutch, I was prepared for a long walk with perhaps some steps. We managed to park right outside and the walk to the restaurant was quick and easy. There were no steps.
The restaurant has two sections, a canvas-roofed outer section and the inner dining room. The inner dining room is dark with art on the walls, most of which seemed to be painted by local artists. Every painting seemed to be for sale.
Our hostess greeted us warmly and offered us a complimentary sherry. The carvery my brother raved about was actually a three course meal. We started with an artfully plated green salad with two hot spring rolls. The spring rolls were crunchy and the accompanying sweet chilli and garlic herb sauces were tasty.
The main was sliced pork with potatoes, pumpkin, cauliflower and broccoli. It was delightfully tasty with generous slices of meat.
Dessert was melba pudding with a choice of either custard, cream or ice cream. It was wonderful, and I can now see why my brother recommended the place!

• Visited September 2013