“Weekend Workshop - 22 people - great venue!”
Review of SW1 Lodge

SW1 Lodge
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Weekend Workshop - 22 people - great venue!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We presented a workshop at the lovely SW1 and was very impressed with the lovely setting providing privacy to all the rooms. The friendly staff and management made us feel at home and assisted with all our requests. The meals were more than adequate and stocked coffee station was welcome over the cold weekend.

Room Tip: Loved quite setting of Thula Thula room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Celdri3
Dear Celdri

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor after your conference weekend at SW1.

It is heartening to know that you enjoyed your stay and the service the staff provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm wishes to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This was ECHO'S 5th year @ SW1 and it was brillant. The management and staff were friendly, efficant and extremly helpful. The food was excellant.We were all warmly welcomed and nothing was too much trouble. Tobie was magnificant and checked regularily that everything was runnig to our satisfaction. we will definately return and highly recommend SW1 for conferances or even as a holiday base in the Wine Lands.
Des McLeod
ECHO

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Des M
Dear Des

It was our absolute pleasure to have the Echo Group return to SW1 5 years in a row! I am extremely delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time and a productive workshop.

Tobie is totally service oriented and I am very pleased that his attention to detail and work ethic has been noted by you and the workshop participants.

Your delegates were charming and we really appreciate all the individual messages of thanks they have sent us.

We look forward to having you return again!!
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We spent one night there and we very excited. It is a beautiful lodge. Our room was very nice, nothing spectacular. Spa was very average though. I was not at all impressed with the continental breakfast they had on offer, especially for a five start lodge. There was hardly anything and the stuff they had was very average. I just don't think it's worth what the amount of money that you spend, and I definitely do not think it is a 5 star. I will not be returning to SW1. The restaurant JennaVIVA which is connected to the lodge is really amazing though, we had a good time there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JDSouthAfrica
Dear JD

I am very concerned to hear that we failed to deliver on our promise of a great guest experience.

In order for me to properly look into this matter please could you furnish me with details of your stay - dates, room etc and let me have any specifics we can investigate and attend to.

I also own JennaVIVA and the experience you had there is indicative of the experience you should have had at SW1.

I would like to put right wahtever went wrong and would appreciate your help with doing so.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Somerset West
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were looking for a cosy (fireplace) ambiance with stylish decor for a birthday party. That was exactly what we got, but then came the friendly, well organised and excellent service from staff and managers and it just went over the top for us!! They did everything for us, we just had to arrive and party.

Tobie, Ren and Terri thank you so much for making this an memorable event. It was really special thanks to all of you.

To Bea at the Spa, thank you so much for all the special attention you gave my mom. She mentioned that the standards there is very high and that the treatment was magnificent.

I can only say: Wow, Wow and wow!!

Room Tip: I cannot add a tip to choose a room, because the room I saw, I thought was the honeymoon suite, but...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Maretha R
Dear M

WOW to you too!!! What a wonderful compliment to receive! Thank you for taking the time to post it.

We are all thrilled that you and your friends had such a good time and that we 'hit the mark' with everything we did. You were an absolute pleasure to deal with and the staff say it was there pleasure to assist you in any way they could.

Thank you also for the great remarks about our decor. It makes all the effort worthwhile.

We hope to see you again soon!
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 July 2012

An aunt and I stayed at SW1 lodge from 26 June till 6 July 2012. All I can say is that it was a wonderful experience. We arrived exhausted after 2 days of driving in a cold rainy late afternoon. We were received by all the friendly management and staff. SW1 have so much heart, warmth and style. Great service and breakfast!!! The location was great we did a lot of sightseeing in and around Somerset West. I will definitely stay at SW1 if I visit South Africa again. Thank you for a wonderful experience!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Suzette S
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My partner and I spent the night at SW1 lodge, under Toby's care out of the blue. It was a groupon special - and boy were we pleased. A great room, with a sumptious bath, an exquisite massage and then down the road for a fabulous dinner. The restaurant is also owned by the same people. Not surprising. The attention to detail was amazing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mozzy9
Dear Mozzy

A big thank you to you for the review posted recently. I am so pleased that you had a good experience at SW1 AND JennaVIVA
We hope you will return to us soon.

Warm regards

Terri
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 26 June 2012

What more can you want from a Lodge? It has everything!!

I have travelled many times in my career and have never come across a place with so much heart, warmth and style.

Tobie, who I contacted when I was looking for a temporary home was quick, professional and negotiable to my plea. I met all the staff and was welcomed so well, it will be hard to leave after three awesome days here.

You can feel God's peace is here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Laura T
, Owner at SW1 Lodge, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear Laura

I am thrilled with the opinion you have of SW1 and it's staff! Ren, Tobie and the SW1 team will be thrilled to read your review. This is what makes their efforts worthwhile.

Thank you for choosing to stay at SW1 and for taking the time to post your comments. I do hope we will see you again soon.

Warm Regards