“1st class in Somerset West!”
Review of SW1 Lodge

SW1 Lodge
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I saw a promotion advertised at JennaVIVA (my favourite restaurant in Somerset West) for a spa called SW1. Being a spa bunny I thought I'd try it out. I never expected what I got. A beautiful hidden setting right here in Somerset West with the most fantastic decor and the most friendly and well trained staff. I've only been back a few months from a long stint in Europe and there I was spolit for choice with spas. But SW1 was just wonderful. I went with a friend and we had an amazing half day spa package that included a delicious lunch. Megan and Michelle pampered us and we were totally relaxed when we left. You have to see SW1 to believe it. It is SPECTACULAR and the owner who I am told did all the decor has got exceptionlly good taste and very good ideas. Next time I am definitely staying over for the night.

Room Tip: I didn't stay over but asked to see the rooms. Every room looked awesome. I want to stay in the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Terri C, Owner at SW1 Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Alda

We are blown away by your fantastic feedback! This type of review makes what we do well worth all the effort.
We have to insist that you come and savour our luxurious rooms!!
You are always welcome at SW1

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed for one night on a mid-week break.

Good Points:
- large and clean room and bathroom
- quiet and relaxed setting
- breakfast staff were friendly and freshly baked cheese rolls were delicious

Bad Points:
- Lady at reception was not very friendly and had a bit of an attitude
- Jacuzzi was "out of order" but just looked like it needed to be cleaned
- Pool was dirty and needed cleaning
- Person at reception in the evening did not know how to put the pool lights on and eventually said that they didn't work
- Artwork in rooms is quite disturbing and should be more neutral (who wants a huge eye staring at you while your sleep)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rini9
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We spent our anniversary night in the hobeymoon suite at SW1 where our room was immaculate, spacious and beautiful. We also enjoyed use of their spa facilities and were pampered with full body massages and facials. The jacuzzi is also available to overnight guests. Loved the decor of the place and felt like we were on holiday even though we only a short distance from home for one night only.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Terri C, Owner at SW1 Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Tahmee

Thank you so much for the positive comments. We are thrilled that we made this special occasion memorable for you.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We celebrated our 11th anniversary at SW1 and couldn't have asked for better. Staff were friendly and attentive, food is magnificant and the accomodation OMW. The ladies at the spa has heavenly hands, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scarletmat
Terri C, Owner at SW1 Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

WOW!! We are so thrilled that you had a fantastic 11th anniversary experience at SW1. Thank you for taking time to post such a positive review. The staff of SW1 will so appreciate your remarks.
We look forward to a return visit from you.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed at SW1 a couple of weeks ago and believe me l had a wonderful time. This is a hidden germ for sure from the outside you can't really tell as soon as you step into the premises its a different story. I have never seen such beautiful decor and its unique. All the rooms are have different decor and art, not to talk about the way she played with the colours l just loved it. The staff is very friendly, l was impressed with the young black lady at reception she always carries a smile on her face, the way she talks and how she explained to us about the decor it was amazing. l had a wonderful time and we are planning to come back in summer.

Room Tip: Thula Thula is the best
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun V
Terri C, Owner at SW1 Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Shaun

We are bowled over by your wonderful review of SW1! Thank you so very much!
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. The staff member you refer to is Kerry and she is indeed a star. I will ensure she receives your compliment.
And thank you very much for your compliments about SW1's decor. It was a labour of love for me and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. I am so pleased that you enjoy the outcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SW1 very soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Last visit was in summer 2011. It was so lovely that we stayed twice, the second time for one month! It is so convenient for everything....restaurants,shopping, the beach, the wineries, fact everything. Some friends visited and used the spa which they highly praised. Staff were wonderful. This time we are here in the cold of winter/ spring. It is a beautiful and tranquil setting, superb for R&R. The Staff are friendly, courteous and very helpful. To us it feels like coming home and we don't want to leave. In fact we will be back in the summer. I always leave,feeling my batteries have been recharged. A wonderful place to stay.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Terri C, Owner at SW1 Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Wildrovr

The response you have posted on this your 3rd visit to SW1 is the reason why, we in the very provocative hospitality industry, remain committed to what we do. Your warm and positive review is so heartening and will be incredibly appreciated by Tobie and his staff. It means a tremendous amount to me to hear that the SW1 team have proven themselves not once, not twice, BUT THREE TIMES to you! You have had time on each occasion to test our abilities and I am very proud that we have passed so well!!

THANK YOU!

We look forward to your 4th visit back with us :)

Warm regards

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I want to thank Terri and her staff for organising my wife's fabulous 50th birthday last night. The venue was amazing from decor to food and hospitality. We had 30 guests which for the size of the venue was perfect and everyone had a great time. We had a few rooms booked overnight as well and the bedrooms and venue truly 5 star. Highly recommended for small events or even a couple of nights ' stopover' when you are in the Cape.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank David R
Terri C, Owner at SW1 Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear David and Carol

WOW! Thank you so very much for such a positive review on Carol's 50th at SW1 and you stayover with us. It was an absolute pleasure to host this special occasion for you! We thoroughly enjoyed making the Great Lapa glam for you and your guests. And I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the food! Tobie, Chef Os, Moira, Sharlene, Jay and the SW1 team put their all into the occasion and I'm really chuffed that their efforts have impressed you.

Please come and visit when you're next here from Joey's. And hoepfully next time the weather will be better....

Warm wishes