“Monkey Town, Somerset West - an excellent primate centre”

Monkey Town Primate Centre
Falmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Monkey Town, Somerset West - an excellent primate centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have never been a fan of zoos or places that keeps animals in confined spaces, but Monkey Town is so close to my brother's house I almost fell in the door one day. The chimps are in a space smaller than I would have liked, but the rest of the primates were in a huge enclosure and seem well cared for. If you visit be sure to pay the extra to meet the Squirrel Monkeys - an experience my children and I will never forget. Also under the remit of the centre is a brilliant play park for children, some small farm animals and a small pool with slides. You could easily make a whole day out here.

Visited February 2014

Gordon's Bay, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“FANTASITIC FOR ANY OUTING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

YOU MUST GO TO MONKEY TOWN...
We often take our kids there for an outing...and they love it and so do we..best play park for kids in the whole of the Helderberg area, and entertainment for adults as well...i love the concerts the most

Visited June 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
206 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Learned a lot about Monkeys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This centre covers monkeys from around the globe. Excellent place to visit with kids and family who are interested in wild life. You also get chance to play with small monkeys.

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Memorable Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

One of the highlights of our trip to Capetown. Our tour guide Alan was knowledgeable, kind and enthusiastic. He provided tours and was our chaperone when we played with monkeys. Bring along a video camera. You can feed and play with some of the tame monkeys. Super fun for the whole family. They also have hedgehogs, exotic birds and 250 species of monkeys. A friendly, fun place.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Elaine10025
cape town
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I am so glad we found this gem of a place! The love and passion the staff and management has for the animals are amazing. All the animals were well looked after and what I noticed most was the love the animals have for their keepers. The spider monkeys were catching rides on their keepers' shoulders, the chimps absolutely adore their keeper and communicated so beautifully with him. I really had the best day and can not wait to bring all my family and friends to Monkey Town. I would advise that you join the 12h00 tour that includes the public feeding times - an absolute must! I really enjoyed the fact that you as the visitor are basically walking in an enclosed tunnel whilst the monkeys are roaming free on top of you in a natural forest. Great idea!!

Visited November 2013