All reviewsjo annefruit platterguest housecape townpersonal attentionsnoekluxurious accommodationhome from homesouth africabreakfast tablefully equipped kitchenwelcoming hostsevery respectwonderful breakfastbeautiful gardenevery morningunderfloor heating
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Excellent quality in every respect, room, service, and breakfast. Johan and Jo-Anne go out of their way to pay attention to every detail.

We have been to Blaauheim a number of times & will keep going back when we are in the Winelands.

It feels like our home away from home.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose One of the luxury suites. The Pinotage or Chardonnay
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
pappabear1, Owner at Blaauwheim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Tim

We absolutely love what you have written about us. We are only happy when others are happy in our home. Thank you for the review and see you next time.

Regards

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Service is a game taken very seriously at Blaauwheim.Previously they booked wonderful restaurants for me.Johan always says he does the impossible immediately but that miracles take a few minutes longer.I wanted to combine the Rugby test against the All Blacks with my recent business trip but had no idea how to get a ticket.The miracle took two days to happen but Johan secured a ticket and luxury transport to and from Blaauwheim for me! Combined with the wonderful hospitality,quality and traditional dinner of Cape Malay brevani.I had another memorable Blaauwheim experience.

Stayed: October 2017
pappabear1, Owner at Blaauwheim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Petrie

It is so awesome if you can mix business with pleasure! Glad you enjoyed Blaauwheim and all it offers as well as the last test the All Blacks played at Newlands. We pride ourselves in our personalised service. The more our guests enjoy their experience, the more we enjoy our work.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

From the moment I contacted Johan and Jo-Anne to enquire about our stay the night before and the night of our wedding, they have been more than welcoming and made sure we had everything and more than we needed!

From the delicious breakfasts to the tasteful and absolutely gorgeous interior and gardens (even amidst our drought, it still blossomed!) everything just flowed effortlessly on our big day!

Johan and Jo-Anne, THANK YOU is not enough to express my gratitude for everything you have done for us.

Blaauwheim was definitely the best choice for us to jump-start our life as a family.
Our girls thought they were in heaven! And so did I!!!

Your passion and pride for your guesthouse is so evident in everything you do.

Thanks again!

Much Love

Room Tip: I honestly can't say which is the best room though. No expense was spared to make sure each room is on par with the others in its own way
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
pappabear1, Owner at Blaauwheim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Elaine

Preparing for your wedding was a highlight and not the tense affair it can sometimes be. You were so well prepared and the three girls so well behaved. You looked like the most beautiful fairy queen and they were flitting about like real fairies during the photo shoot in the garden! You made it possible for us to make it look effortless. May you have many happy years together and as a big family!

Much love to you too

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Just to let you know that I still think you are the best Guesthouse team ever – Johan, Jo-Anne, Richard and all the fury and feathered friends of the house and the (peaceful) garden… Thank you for keeping up the good work - always going the extra mile, looking after the house, the rooms and the people. If you are looking for impeccable and friendly service, a beautiful room or luxury 5-star suite, excellent location and value for money – look no further, you found it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Karen

It does'nt matter whether we see you seven or ten times per year: it remains a pleasure and something to look forward to. Even Rafiki uses his "I know you" bark to welcome you every time. Thank you for this gem of a review. We are ready and waiting for your next visit.

Keep well

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I’ll try words like wonderful, delicate, fantastic, superb, fabulous, magnificent & splendid, but none of these really describe the exquisite Blaauwheim experience. Tina Turner though, sang a song about it - SIMPLY THE BEST.

On arrival, owners Johan and Jo-Anne Blaauw welcomed me with their pure South African geniality and assisted with transferring my luggage into the state of the art, 5-Star Pinotage Suite.

I was welcomed with one of the best Port’s in town, where after Johan, walked and talked me through his magnificent garden, showing me his magnificent clivia- and cycad collection.

A stunning, relaxing, feel-like-home evening followed, but the best was still to come.

BREAKFAST…

Johan’s signature work-of-art, is a fruit platter - unique, seasonal, individual, artistic, and never the same. You can try, but you can’t describe it. It’s to die for, and followed by a hearty and magnificent English breakfast.

Johan & Jo-Anne, you are the jewels of South African hospitality and the envy of the Western Cape.

Thank you again, and see you soon.

Dijon

Room Tip: The Pinotage Suite, on the ground floor is to die for, and closest to the parking.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
pappabear1, Owner at Blaauwheim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Dijon

Wow! How do we thank someone for such a rave review? I am at a loss for words - and that does not happen very often. It was such a pleasure to have had you at Blaauwheim. I suppose it comes with the territory and your work but you noticed minute detail few other guests have talked about. We really appreciate the time you took to write this review. We would also love to see you again soon!

Regards