“Classic Cape”

Lourensford Wine Estate
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Lourensford is one of the Capes classic gems, being my next door Neighbor I have frequented the estate for years. The estate has been Managed to perfection, the restaurant, winery and grounds have been maintained to their original beauty. This estate, in my opinion is located in the most picturesque part of the Cape beats it's Neighbour, Vergelegen by a mile....

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Lourensford Wine Estate is a truly beautiful estate with a lovely cellar which does interesting tastings and has great wine on offer at very good prices.

The Millhouse Restaurant on the Estate is very good with a wide range of menu options to suit every taste and budget. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and the standards are high and consistent.

It is a great venue for anyone and caters to all clientele from couples to corporate clients or just as a casual get together place fro friends.

1  Thank Raffi S
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The gardens,are beautifuly done,the staff are friendly and helpful.A friend and I had a wine tasting which was most enjoyable. I love the wine selection that was presented to us.

3  Thank Deborahannlewis67
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Although fully booked, the host was very accommodating for 2 people. I ordered for starters mussels in creamysauce with pernod, how delicious. My partner had the chickenliver parfait, which was light and fluffy. The recommanded wines complimented the food to a t.
Maincourse I had butternut Gnochi, with roasted vegetables, very traditional South African flavours, M not known as a pizzalover, decided on the porkbelly, avocado and mango pizza, the crust was paperthin, combinations were a fusion of South african and Italien tastes/perfect. Once again the accompanied wines were spot on. After such a satisfying and fullfilling meal, we managed to share a crème brulee, done the right way, what a pleasure!!
Allround the service was attentive and efficiënt, which really made it a luncheon to remember, thanks to staff and kitchenbrigade

Reviewed 20 December 2012

We went expecting the coffee tasting, cheese boards and wine tasting as per the web site, only to find although they had cheese there were no crackers to do tastings with and no cheese boards available in the Restuarant. The coffee was Also not available. So we had our wine tasting, bought a bottle or two and left.. No great outing. All in all a disappointment.