I write this review as advise to the owners and not as critic. An absolute beautiful place with the best view ever but....
- we arrived at10:45 to be informed at the gate (not at the door) that we are too early to check-in after I made a special arrangement with the owner and she agreed that it will suit her as she has a function to go to. Not a very pleasant welcome, however they showed us to our room, and allowed us to quickly change clothes for a function before we left.
- in the room she explained the functions of the tv remotes and the normal house rules. To our surprise she also informed us that should we decide to use the aircon we will be charged extra. What a surprise....you surely to not expect that after paying R1 400 per night.
- at check-in please make sure that you are aware of the fact that your guests have paid a deposit or the full amount. Do not ask your guests whether they have paid a deposit.
- breakfast was served in the dining room with a stunning view, but please do not set one table for all the guests rather asked whether a couple would like to sit alone. You do not always feel like making conversation with strangers
-after leaving the breakfast table I informed the host that I did make use of the bar fridge and drank two bottles of water. She told me Í don't have to pay for the water but I could tip the room staff should I feel like it. I do not have a problem with tipping staff if they deserve it, but these people cleaning my room work for a salary. Sorry I did not leave a tip!
I do not think we will be back, as this was suppose to be my birthday celebration, but both myself and my husband was rather irrated by all the rules and regulations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This perfectly located Cape Town Accommodation is nestled on the slopes of the sighing hilltops of Western Cape / Hottentots Holland Mountains. You can lie in bed and take in the mountain vistas and panoramic views of False Bay - unmatched and breathtaking sea views from Gordon's Bay to Cape Town. This elegant Somerset West guesthouse offers three luxurious en-suite bedrooms, with king-size double beds lead out onto balconies with breathtaking views. The spacious bedrooms, elegantly decorated with luxurious linen, all allow you to absorb the breathtaking sea views. We have recently been acclaimed (endorsed by) a superior Status 4 Star accommodation by the AA Quality Assured Assessment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Room With a View B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room With a View B&B Somerset West, Cape Town, South Africa