“Toller Urlaub - great vacation”

Vredenburg Manor House
Ranked #7 of 81 Somerset West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We had a 12 night stay in dez 2012. 6 night in room no1. With breakfast. Beautyful, spacious room with a wonderul bathroom. The room was very quiet and clean.
The other 6nights we stayed in one of the self catering cottages.
Here you get a nice room and also a huge bathroom. If you like to cook, you will get a fully equiped kitchen. At the backdoor you will have a private garden with braai grill.
We had wonderfull warm nights and had. Our self prepaired meals in the garden with some wine from the region.
If you do not like to cook, there are very good restaurants like 96 vinery or stephanies place to reach in 15 min driving distance.
The pool area ist nice too. There are 6 sunbeds and umbrellas, the pool is a saltwaterpool, noz zo big, but suffizient.
Please note, you need a car.
You are in 45 min. In capetown, 10min. In somerset west and stellenbosch, and if you like in 20 min. At nike beaches.
There is a lot to do, such as wine tasting, mountain hiking, 5golfcourses in 15 minutes, and a lot of other courses in 30-45 minutes.
Thank you martine and christo for the beautiful days we could spend at your place
Heidi and norbert

Room Tip: Take room no 1 with breakfast
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gehtoans

Reviewed 26 December 2012

This is a tastefully furnished (antiques- which I love),upmarket, guest house, conveniently located between Somerset West & Stellenbosch. Wine route / beaches / V&A water front all close by. Dinner reservation made at the receommended restaurant, 96 on Winery Road- excellent meal. Peace and tranquility best describe the ambiance at the guest house. The service is very personal, catering for all your needs. I stayed in a deluxe suite which was spacious and equipped with exceptional lighting throughout. Good quality linen and a selection of pillows to suit all needs. And dont let forget the aircon for the middle of summer. Exquisite bathroom, with heated towel rail, dbl basin, dbl head shower and large bath. More than adequate cupboard and storage space for a long stay. Facility in your room to make filter coffee. There are many lounges to relax in, while reading a book. Breakfast was serviced on the verandha, over looking the pool area and always scrumptious (far too much for an expanding waistline!), with a packed breakfast for the long road, on departure. The patio is equipped with ceiling fans. My booking was for 5 nights on a business trip, but extended for another day to enjoy Cape Town. This is value for money accommodation in the area, especially considering the facilities offered. Not well known yet, but "Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Pamper yourself in a deluxe suite
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

My husband sent me away for four days to get some much needed rest and relaxtion. This Guest House was more than perfect. Its was not only stunningly beautiful but peaceful and the hosts were so wonderful to me.
Breakfast on the stoep was magical and I was made to feel so at home. My room was gorgeous, and my bathroom was huge!
Thank you so much for making it absolutely perfect!!!
I will be returning for sure!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 23 November 2012

My second stay at the lovely Vredenburg Manor House! It's not just the wonderful setting, beautiful furnishing and superb service, but by far the personal touches and kindness of Martine and her team. Hand packed lunch boxes for early morning trips, reservations at highly recommended restaurants and all that makes life easy when away on business!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Magical! We had our wedding at Vredenburg Manor, an unforgettable, enchanting, magical day it was, Vredenburg Manor has got such a glorious atmosphere, the gardens are kept beautifully, with little quaint nooks and crannies everywhere and a beautiful view of the mountains. This was perfect for a lush garden party,(with a lovely barn for back-up in case of bad weather) The setting is just breathtaking, a real gem. My favourite part is the stoep overlooking the pool, I could easily grow old here! We stayed in the self catering cottages, which was perfect for me and my giggling bridesmaids, not to disrupt the rest of the quests in the Manor house. Rooms are beautifully decorated, and luxuriously comfortable. Thanks to Martine and Christo who run the Manor for all the help and support, we had an unforgettable day. We will be back, no doubt!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I first stayed there for 2 days when I travelled with my family through South Africa in 09/2012. We were overwhelmed by the beauty of the place (fantastic building, luxurious rooms, library, fireplace-room,...) and the kindness of the hosts.

I then came back to SA for a business trip and stayed there for 2 weeks. I must say, for that purpose, I liked it even more.

The tranqulity and relaxed atmosphere of the place is wonderful. For all those business travellers who do not need to be in a big business hotel and do not need to be at the Waterfront or in the city center every day, but enjoy to stay in the beautyful countryside of the Winelands - Vredenburg Manor is perfect.

In the morning, you reach the airport (where I had to go) within 30 minutes by car. If you really need to go into town (CT), you should however calculate more time, because there will be a traffic jam inward. In the evening back to Vredenburg: even quicker.

Breakfast is also excellent. Not as big as in the big hotels - but still every whish that you have will be taken care of. For example, I did not want that large breakfast every day, so I got my own small special joghurt brekfast every day...

In the evening: Either enjoyed restaurants in the area (2-10 km away). Or had my own home-made smaller supper there. Again: I enjoyed to have a "private" supper there - if I have to go out for dinner every day for two weeks, at some point of time you can't stand that any more...

Rooms and house: Only if you stay there for longer, you can really enjoy the pleasures of the guesthouse. I enjoyed sitting on the veranda or at the fireplace and enjoy book/ wine/ ... Or feel like at home in the spaceous rooms.

Plus again a big compliment to the hosts: They really care about you and try to make your stay as pleasant as possible!

Only slight disadvantage compared to hotels at that quality level, is in my eyes the lack of a gym. But that disadvantage is outweighted by all the positive items as mentioned before. And remember - it's a guest house, not hotel. (I chose to go jogging through the vinjars instead...)

So - see you again soon, Martine and Christo!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed over at Vredenburg Manor's Cottage for a family wedding and from beginning to end we felt right at home. Coming from a small town we were relieved that the place was easy to find. And what's more is that from there it is also easy to find Stellenbosch and the Somerset-West Mall and the beach. It really is well situated!

The moment we stepped out of the car we were aware of the peaceful and quiet nature of the place. One thing that stands out at Vredenburg Manor is the beautiful beautiful gardens. What a place te relax... Situated in a safe environment it was lovely to go for walks around the farm and show my children the different animals and birds. And don't forget the wonderful swimmingpool area.

Our rooms were so spacious, neither the kids nor the baby had anything to complain about and that alone says a lot! We were so spoilt with all the unexpected luxury, it was almost unbelievable.

Breakfast was something to look forward to each day. Thank you Martine, you have outdone yourself!

Without even asking for their help, Christo and Martine went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect for the wedding. Deffinately service you don't get everyday.

Some people may say all the luxury in a self-catering cottage is unnecessary, but I tell you, it was the first place we stayed over and didn't miss home. Highly recommended

Room Tip: the cottages is a very good self catering choice
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
#6 of 81 in Somerset West
Somerset Villa Guesthouse
Somerset Villa Guesthouse
#18 of 81 in Somerset West

Been to Vredenburg Manor House? Share your experiences!