“What a surprise”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Very good value for money, very good quality of food, excellent ambient, nice and friendly service, what more can you desire? A nice and clean restaurant, the perfect surprise.

1  Thank Gero T

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I spent an evening at this restaurant. I ordered calamari which arrived smelling very fishy. I took one mouthful and it was OFF! I did not eat it. The waiter didn't ask why I didn't eat it. Nor did the chef. When asked if we wanted desert, I stated that if the main course was off, I didn't want dessert. The waiter just laughed. We left after being charged for the whole meal. We left 3 messages at the restaurant. Finally I received an email which just stated that the waiter was having a disciplinary warning. Don't eat here. If you are served food that is off, you should NOT BE CHARGED, and there are lots of other places to eat where you will get great service.

4  Thank Ken F
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This restaurant is conveniently situated in the heart of Somerset West and is the popular new place to go. Unlike a lot of other restaurants in the are it is open on a Monday evening. The service started off very well but by the end of the night we were once again neglected and had to get up twice to find our waitress. The menu is quite limited and what is on the menu is very rich. The food was good but not outstanding

1  Thank GillyS_13
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My partner and I decided to eat out at the last minute, and decided on this restaurant after hearing about it from friends. The decor is elegant and the food tasty and well presented. The best part of our evening was definitely out waiter - always showing up at just the right moment. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Lunched here today with girl friends, our first visit. Lovely building, looking out onto a pleasant courtyard garden, beautifully laid out dining areas, a real pleasure to look at. Staff very pleasant & accommodating, as we all ordered the Teriyaki chicken, some without items, some requesting extra items, all happily agreed to and dished up as requested. Food was excellent as was the wine & very reasonably priced. Quite a few tables empty which is a shame because the whole experience was relaxing & very enjoyable. We will definitely return for more lunches & some evening dinner.

1  Thank tonyfrasercross