“Good Food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

On 11 April 2014 we joined friends for dinner at Five on Lourensford. We were met and seated promptly. Service for the entire evening was good and after having had a starter, main and dessert, could only compliment the entire meal.
As the restaurant is located in an old Victorian house in Somerset West, the decor is appropriate and is a fine dining restaurant.
Prices are slightly on the high side but worthwhile for a special celebration.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Lovely ambiance , beautiful décor, friendly staff and excellent food. Steak done to perfection, Sole devine ,desserts to good to choose a favourite one.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were so impressed with our first visit to this restaurant. It seats around 70 in well spaced rooms. Our party of four was accommodated in a room of our own with a lovely long table & comfortable high backed chairs. Each room is decorated with a different wallpaper & matching fabrics which is all very tasteful. The menu is not extensive but has something for everyone. Two of our party had the mussel starter which they said was delicious, three of us had a steak main course & each was cooked to perfection. A lovely dish of mixed vegetables accompanied the meat. I had the cheese platter instead of dessert which at R70 seemed a little on the dear side but it was a good selection of cheeses with a variety of cracker biscuits, preserved green figs, apple slices plus a glass of Allesverloren Port so I was quite delighted with my choice. A return visit is definitely on the cards.

1  Thank Jill S
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Very good value for money, very good quality of food, excellent ambient, nice and friendly service, what more can you desire? A nice and clean restaurant, the perfect surprise.

1  Thank Gero T
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I spent an evening at this restaurant. I ordered calamari which arrived smelling very fishy. I took one mouthful and it was OFF! I did not eat it. The waiter didn't ask why I didn't eat it. Nor did the chef. When asked if we wanted desert, I stated that if the main course was off, I didn't want dessert. The waiter just laughed. We left after being charged for the whole meal. We left 3 messages at the restaurant. Finally I received an email which just stated that the waiter was having a disciplinary warning. Don't eat here. If you are served food that is off, you should NOT BE CHARGED, and there are lots of other places to eat where you will get great service.

4  Thank Ken F