“Surprise!!”

Ranked #21 of 119 Restaurants in Somerset West
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Sushi, Pizza, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bossa Cafe is about enjoyment,the pleasure of socializing with friends,the creation of memories and sharing of tales.Situated in a GRAND old house,we offer different "vibes" within our restaurant depending if you sitting on our fabulous deck outside overlooking the garden and kids play area,or outside al fresco under our famous tree.We have an awesome indoor lounge area complete with fireplace too.We offer a huge variety of foods incl Grills,Pizza,Sushi as well as Cocktails and 11 Beers on tap in our chilled out separate lounge/bar area
A TripAdvisor Member
“Surprise!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had an amazing time at Bossa last night when 2 of my best friends surprised me all the way from the UK!! Watching the sunset, sipping wine and catching up on the lovely deck!! Thanks Bossa! always great food and service!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Cape Town, South Africa
“EXCELLENT wrap”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went to Bossa expecting it to be an upmarket Spur but boy was I wrong! I had the chicken, pesto and feta wrap, it was the best I have ever eaten... will def go back for more

Visited May 2014
Cape Town, South Africa
“Simply Fantastic”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very tasty bar food, good sushi, nice athmosphere, very good bar, very friendly staff, nice to sit outside, inside fire place for the winter. I go there a few times a week and I will keep going .....

Visited July 2014
Cape Town
“GOOD FAMILY FOOD AT AFFORDABLE PRICES”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a regular of ours, especially on a Monday night when all burgers on the menu are R55 and it comes with a glass of wine or a beer. All cocktails every night are R30 until 7pm. My husband and son are burger 'kings' and they rate Bossa's burgers as the best they've had and we eat out a lot. I usually have a salad and they ave a number of delicious different ones which are large and packed with lots different things. The cars lined up in the main road, and in their parking area on any given night, is an indication of how good their food and atmosphere is. They also have a lovely fire going for those cold, wintry nights and I believe that their pub is hugely popular for sports fans.

• Visited June 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“From gloom to glory”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

As a playwright inspiration is like good food. And of course there are those days when I stare at an empty wall waiting for the words to come. There are a few requirements I have when composing scenes. It is often bound to a coffee shop, (perhaps it is the fear of being a complete recluse), and the buzzing of people calms me. But of course, most coffee shops or restaurants seldom live up to my expectations. I need a fireplace and a bathroom that is not miles away with that dreaded key. Of course one wants to be left alone and not be served by a waiter telling you endless tales of their past. Colorful walls is a bonus, and the coffee should not be expensive (it adds up).I justify it to my husband that my coffee shop visits are cheaper than an office.
It was one of those gloomy days that I had a dead-line and didn’t have a clue how to end a scene. I noticed a grey building where a previous uninspiring restaurants use to be. If the ending to my scene is locked in there I better go get it. The restaurant had a lounge with eclectic furniture, a fire place, a bathroom close enough, affordable coffee. Yes, it was that moment that I saw the beginning of a next scene drawing near: the road to inspiration. This place had clashing colors that oddly seemed to work together: purple walls, a red ceiling and an extremely peculiar photograph. I stared at it for a while. It annoyed me. A man is depicted staring blankly in front of him with a full beer wearing a wedding ring. He was not a good looking creature. He would not be hired to be on the cover of Men’s Health Magazine. Above him hung a noose, and next to him stood a worn out woman that looked away. Who can blame her? In her hand she gripped a knife. She was wearing a lime green apron. She was ready to kill him, and it seemed she was taking instructions from a third party; as if the go- ahead meant the careful slit of a throat. A television screen was on his right and it was obvious he was staring at me, at us, the audience. I immediately thought that it was highly offensive. As if this place was mocking me. It was only after a while that I realized the sarcastic photograph became a subject for conversation, with customers analyzing its meaning. It’s certainly worth taking a look at.
But, as I am sitting here, words come to me. The waiter carefully places a coffee in front of me. With cold milk…(he remembers!) This is of course winter and money isn’t readily available…I don’t know about you…but when I go food shopping I sigh at my tiny bag of groceries that cost R400. There are specials here. Yes, the portions are surprisingly big…not like those places where a tiny duck pate stares blankly at you. To McDonalds you run while your stomach grumbles. But, believe me, when you can’t seem to pick up a pot and cook your expensive dinner, the burgers at Bossa is certainly worth it. On a Monday, it’s under R50…and you won’t be disappointed. God bless inspiring places that welcomes you with open arms; waiters that greet you at the entrance. In the evenings there is a buzz…order a bottle of Du Toitskloof for an affordable price. As I sit here with free wi-fi, I sigh and think “Thank God for Bossa” My scenes would not have followed so readily in a cold venue with grim walls. Somerset West needed this place. I needed this place. They say life is short. Always search for inspiration. Do yourself a favor and visit Bossa. It will suit your wallet. But for now, I must return to my work…even while the man in the photograph stares blankly at me. Even the gloomiest people, it seems, are welcome here.

Visited July 2014