We stayed here for a few days and loved the location and peacefulness. However, the reception staff were inadequate and overstaffed, even when there were 3, the service was not very good. I think one very good knowledgeable, friendly receptionist, who was interested in their guests would be better. The Friday night buffet food was average and the waitress that evening was terrible, considering we were the only guests eating at 8pm that evening, expected better service however it seems the other way around. Plates not cleared, had to look for her when we needed some new cutlery, as it was a buffet of different national foods, etc... Food was average as well, nothing special. Would certainly not recommend the Friday night Asian selection buffet to anyone!! Avoid!!
Must mention that the breakfast staff were good and Dennis (a manager in the evening) did give us a complimentary drink and snack due to the fact we had to sit in the foyer/reception area for internet access, that should have been in the rooms. Thanks Dennis, seems you are keeping the service ...flame burning...
- Excellent location for the winelands
- Lovely peaceful establishment
- Excellent spacious rooms, very comfortable with all the necessary requirements
- Not good evening restaurant service
- Unprofessional and inadequate receptionists
- Noisy crickets in the room (eventually caught one of the culprits))
- NO internet Wifi available in the room, as advertised and had to go sit in the reception area
In conclusion, it is sad as this looks like an awesome venue, and has all the potential to be the best in this exclusive area, but seems to be let down a bit...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history, surrounded by the majestic Hottentots Holland Mountains, the Erinvale Estate Hotel & Spa offers distinctive and captivating hospitality. The property is only 40 minutes from Cape Town and 20 minutes from Cape Town International airport. Guests are a stone's throw away from a world of outdoor and leisure activities and have access to golf, spa, wine, chocolate and olive tasting at famous estates, in the 'Heart of the Helderberg'. The neighbouring Gary Player-designed Erinvale Golf Course offers a unique golfing challenge to all levels of players. The Erinvale Estate Spa is operated by the Lurra Spa and Wellness Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Erinvale Estate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erinvale Estate Hotel Somerset West, Cape Town, South Africa