“Wow, Gem”

Ranked #1 of 127 Restaurants in Somerset West
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No matter how infrequently you visit, you will always be greeted like a regular.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great restaurant ,great service and the owners is involved.Is this the recipy for good food?Yes,we are new to the area but you can see the regulars and owners enjoy each others company and the owners obviously keeps tabs on all issues.The waiter Cloudious was extremely helpfull and willing to change the menu to accomodate our to kids with changes to the menu.We had pizza and pasta and both were great.

1  Thank Marius D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I would to thank the manger / owner and there full team on there help and understanding.
Last Sunday we arrived at the restaurant for lunch and did not have a booking with my 80 year old mother in a wheel chair. The only tables not booked where out side and it was cold. I ask is there any way we could sit inside for my mother. They asked me to wait as they made a plan. They moved tables around inside the restaurant and mad a space for us for my mother so she could sit inside. That was the first thing but the service and the food was fantastic I would go as far as the best food I have had in South Africa. The food took me back to when I was on holiday in Italy.

I will be back and I will be booking as they do get booked up. So if you are thinking of going to the best restaurant in South Africa book.
Keep up the Fantastic job.......

1  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good food, good wine and a good service even if it was really busy! I'm from Europe and I was very often in italy, and I know the kitchen. But I had to come to south africa to eat my best italien Pizza! Lekker!

1  Thank DjinniGreen
Reviewed 2 August 2014

One of my favorite restaurants! And more important also open on Monday nights! Excellent friendly service

1  Thank Jalopi
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I love a space where you feel like a tourist in your own town, for me giovannis is just first class in that sense. An espresso and a quick breakfast is a must

1  Thank WanderingWineo