“I wasn't expecting a Michelin star experience but ..”

Primi Piatti Somerset
Ranked #36 of 122 Restaurants in Somerset West
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean style cuisine, set in the beautiful surrounds of Somerset, overlooking the Helderberg Mountain Range.
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Kids have a ball running around outside in the lights and the people are friendly, however this place completely ignores smoking regulations with a three sq meter window opened between smoking and non smoking sections, the salads were good but my calamari allegedly grilled was crumbed and dripping in oil. The lemon butter side looked like mayonnaise and tasted like bike chain oil ( I think). It could be good, if they just kept it simple. Oh and perhaps arrange separate ablutions for your kitchen staff?

1  Thank Rob W
There are newer reviews for Primi Piatti Somerset

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Been here many times before, food and survive was always okay...just okay..., but me and my wife visited the restaurant again yesterday, and what a disappointment. The food was just not expectable, the service was very slow. After our meal we ordered coffee, myself an Americano and my wife an cappuccino, we waited for ages, when it eventually arrived , both were cold. We had to call the waiter to warm it up. The restaurant has a very good location, and a fantastic opportunity to be excellent,..but something is wrong. I will wait a while before I try it out again...miracles can happen..I hope.

1  Thank Bankiesa
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My friends and I visit this place, we all had different meal of pasta to try out, no problem on the food nor the service can recomment it for something different.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We had a really bad time with lousy food and terrible service. The bad location may have something to do with this

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Hmmm, it used to be good but something is going wrong. Food not so great anymore, steak tough and coctail drinks watered down. Staff friendly.