“Just another average Italian chain restaurant”
Review of Primi Piatti

Primi Piatti
Ranked #35 of 128 Restaurants in Somerset West
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean style cuisine, set in the beautiful surrounds of Somerset, overlooking the Helderberg Mountain Range.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had been to the grand opening of the first Primi Piatti in Cape Town many years ago.
While I'm not a regular pizza eater, I develop a craving every so often. We recently tried the one at the Vodacom Golf Village.
What a disappointment !!! There was no organization, the place looked sloppy and the service was mediocre although there were few customers. You have lost it ! Primi used to be prima.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

As this place is nearer to where I stay, we go here very often. Pizzas are very good and so are pastas. Friendly staff and the owner. Once can customize the vegetarian pizza as they like. Cost is reasonable and view is very nice. Loved the occasional live music.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Last night after watching a movie we decided on Primi Piatti Somerset West after great experiences at the V & A Waterfront and Cavendish. Well what a let down. Arriving at 8:00 pm there were 3 occupied tables and that should have been a warning alone!

The best of the evening was my second Peroni! and that after we had to beg for service.

The food however was the bummer. Arrived the bread basket with 3 pieces of stale rusk like white bread 60mm x 40mm x 40mm. What was that???? My wife ordered a Char grilled Chicken Wrap. The thin pieces of chicken looked liked they have been cured in vinegar and not a sign of being near a flame. My son had the hamburger. The patties 4 mm thick and looked like it came straight from the supermarket pre packed in cartons. Totally un appetising.

The cherry on top was my 500g T-Bone served rare. We heard them hammering the meat in the kitchen to try and soften it up. As far as T-Bone, it was 10mm thick and no sign of the centre bone in the meat separating what was to be the 2 juicy cuts. To get it rare they could not put it on the grill and this bleak piece of meat covered in butter arrived on my plate. The great steak knives could not cut through the sinewy meat no matter how hard I tried. I left half on the plate. The thinly cut chips was nice though. At R 145.00 what a rip!

After complaining the manager arrived and his attitude was: What can I say about the complaint? Left and did not try and repair any of the damage caused.

1  Thank Mielies48
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Excellent. So many different dishes and all good. Nice outside area. Good service. I will go back over and over

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Lovely place for a weekend lunch. Nice menu, tasty food and reasonably priced. Great cocktails and the service is good too