“Terrific evening!”

Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Swellendam
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Koornlands Restaurant is the longest serving restaurant in Swellendam, established in 1994. We pride ourselves as being amongst the finest. Warm, friendly and always professional. Our menu often changes due to the seasons and availability. A menu gegustation with wine pairing is available for table participation. Our venison is legend and so is our comprehensive wine cellar. Dine alfresco on the veranda or the garden. We care about vegetarian and vegan preferences. Reservations are highly recommended, due to limited seating. 04.00 PM - 06.00 PM Drinks 06.00 PM - 10.00 PM Dinner
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Staying one night in Swellendam,we were recommended this local restaurant. Great staff, quality food including massive high quality sirloin steaks!
Sat outside on a balmy evening...lovely! And a bottle of Limestone Hill at £9 helped the evening along.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Excellent food, quality ingredients, skillfully prepared and delivered by very friendly service. One of our party had a stomach bug from the trip over, the owner recommended Buchu Brandy, that did the trick! Everyone happy...

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We have eaten twice at this very pleasant restaurant. It is clear that the cook's heart and soul goes into his/ her cooking!
Staff is extremely friendly and they pleasure in their job rubs off on the ambiance and the clients!
If I ever return to Swellendam, this is one place I'll put at the top of list when it concerned pleasant ant relaxing dining!
Yvette, Netherlands

Reviewed 8 January 2014

a small romantic restaurant with very good service and very good food in the center of Swellendam. Good quality for a reasonable price

Reviewed 5 January 2014

After having seen what I was staying in that night I needed some comfort food...with character :) We walked towards the town and had read previous reviews of Koornland, we were amazed to find that a few seconds before we arrived at their door, there had been a cancellation so we were immediate offered a table outside in the setting sun.
Although there is not much of a view from the restaurant, it is the woman opposite me which took my breath away...my wife guys!
The menu is written on a chalk board and includes about 5 starters, 7 manes and another 5 desserts. The wines list is small but one has the option of standard wines...or the one that'll get your mouth running...in more than one way!
I ordered the Cape Malay curry, it comes with rooti...and 'all...with all the garnishes...fantastic!
my wife ordered the roast lamb and my oh my was that tasty!
So...my advice...go get some tasty Swellendam and Koornalnds!