“Great little place”

Powell House Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Swellendam
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: African, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We make you feel at home. A quaint restaurant serving delicious food at great value.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great little place”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Very quaint place with delicious food at great value. Friendly, helpful service. I wish I lived nearer to this place!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Erin_Elizabeth88

Johannesburg, South Africa
“"Dinner for One"”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed over in Swellendam while on business and the establishment where I was staying recommended the Powell House Restaurant. Well it definitely did not disappoint... Alan was an amazing host. I checked in on Facebook and wrote "Dinner for One" as I was dining on my own. I suddenly had this flashback to "Dinner for One" - the movie / video (for those of you have seen it you will know what I mean). He fits the character completely... All that was missing was "the rug".... Thanks Alan ... Great food, great atmosphere and the van Riebeeck Coffee was a great way to end the evening! (I have posted a picture of Alan)..

• Visited March 2014
Stocksfield, United Kingdom
“A short walk fom Karula Lodge”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had not eaten here previously during our visits to Swellendam but as it was recommended and only 'next door' to our GH we gave it a try. What a great experience. The menu was not as extensive as many of the South African Restaurants we had eaten at but this is often a good sign of things to come. Our meals of Hake and Cape Malay curry were absolutely excellent, as was my Eton Mess for dessert. The owner's service and attention was perfectly pitched and we look forward to our return in the future.

Paarl, South Africa
“Well worth a stop”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was the second time in 2 months that we stopped in Swellendam for dinner. And again a very good choice. Very nice atmosphere, in rooms of an old house with very interesting history. Food is delicious. Service and attention by the owner is very warm (but professional) from the moment you enter the restaurant. Definitely worth a visit.

Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
“A touch of Scotland”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

An excellent choice of restaurant recommended by our Guest house.
We were made very welcome by Alan Caw, a native of Glasgow who has managed to keep a little of his accent!
A good variety of food on the menu and it was presented in an exemplary fashion, and was good!
The service was fine.