“Quality Dinner !”

Powell House Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Swellendam
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: African, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We make you feel at home. A quaint restaurant serving delicious food at great value.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Our GH-host recommended this restaurant and we were very grateful for this!
Alan services his clients in a perfect manner and with a touch of humour ... well appreciated. I personally recommend the Snoek Springrolls as a starter : exquisite ! The ostrich bobotie came next and was also a feast for the mouth. Well balanced wine list.
Definitely value for the money.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

What an incredible place! We had breakfast and dinner at this amazing restaurant and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend visiting The Powell House. The owners are amazing and made us feel so welcome but most of all they made it feel as it was a home away home! I will definitely visit this place again, even if I am just passing through Swellendam.

Tips
1) Order the Eton Mess dessert, it will blow your mind.
2) Speak to the owners, they are delightful

1  Thank Suhaifa
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Very quaint place with delicious food at great value. Friendly, helpful service. I wish I lived nearer to this place!

1  Thank Erin_Elizabeth88
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed over in Swellendam while on business and the establishment where I was staying recommended the Powell House Restaurant. Well it definitely did not disappoint... Alan was an amazing host. I checked in on Facebook and wrote "Dinner for One" as I was dining on my own. I suddenly had this flashback to "Dinner for One" - the movie / video (for those of you have seen it you will know what I mean). He fits the character completely... All that was missing was "the rug".... Thanks Alan ... Great food, great atmosphere and the van Riebeeck Coffee was a great way to end the evening! (I have posted a picture of Alan)..

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had not eaten here previously during our visits to Swellendam but as it was recommended and only 'next door' to our GH we gave it a try. What a great experience. The menu was not as extensive as many of the South African Restaurants we had eaten at but this is often a good sign of things to come. Our meals of Hake and Cape Malay curry were absolutely excellent, as was my Eton Mess for dessert. The owner's service and attention was perfectly pitched and we look forward to our return in the future.