“A Little Gem of a place.”

Flametree Guesthouse
Ranked #13 of 37 Swellendam B&B and Inns
england
“A Little Gem of a place.”
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed a this guest house in Swellendam it was fantastic!! Isabelle cart do enough for you. The guest house is immaculate and the breakfast was lovely and she will go out of her way to accommodate you. I left my coat & my husband jumper there, and Isabelle husband Pierre was kind enough to meet us in Cape Town while he was there on business, bringing our jackets.
This beautiful Guest house is a must if you a visiting Swellerdam.xx

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mossel Bay, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 23 January 2013

As we were photographing a wedding, we needed to find accommodation in swellendam. We normally overnight at a local guesthouse but we decided to try out Flametree. Well, I wont stay ANYWHERE ELSE in swellendam after staying here. We stayed in the Peace Room, and as we arrived early, Isabel and Pierre welcomed us with wonderful hospitality. The room was neat with luxury that you would expect from a four star hotel, flat screen tv, soft linen and our own dstv remote with lifestyle channels that us woman love!
The rooms doors open out onto a private wooden deck which is lovely for sunny mornings and we even got a voucher to spend at a local beauty shop!

When we arrived home, our bed was turned down, and we made use of the coffee facilities and the magazines that were given.

After a peaceful sleep, we went to breakfast. The table was set for us outside, where there is a background sound of water flowing from a nearby fountain (making it so relaxing) The food was delicious, the fruit was fresh and I couldnt stop looking at the gardens, as everything was so picturesque.

Isabel was a stunning host, friendly and full of laughter. We will be back, and soon!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tazi-Jvr
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I spent my last night in South Africa here, on the way back to Cape Town on the Garden Route. What a wonderful and pleasant home! Isabel looked after me in a way that made me feel like family, and she gave me great recommendations for where to run in the morning and what to see the next day (Cape Agulhas - you should go if you are in the area as it is the southernmost point in South Africa and quite beautiful). The room was well-appointed, spotless and had really charming decor that fit the theme of the room. The guest house grounds are great as well - two adorable dogs, plenty of places to sit and read or enjoy the sunset, and a nice little dining area. It feels open with lots of light. I was encouraged to make myself at home and felt completely comfortable doing so. Even though I only got to know Isabel briefly she is such a warm and genuinely caring person. She is also an amazing cook - breakfast was so delicious. I recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AdventureTravel7
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We stayed here for 1 night and really enjoyed visiting with the owner, Isabel. It's a cheery, clean and comfortable home located in a quaint village. I really enjoyed playing with the dogs too. Isabel recommended a really nice restaurant and suggested scenic routes to get back to Capetown. Her prices are very inexpensive too.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy I
East London, South Africa
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Andre And I were on our way to Cape Town to do the Argus Cycle Tour.
Decided to break the long trip from East London in Swellendam.
We chose to ''pitch our tent'' for the night at this small guesthouse.
And! What a wonderful stay it turned out to be!
Isabel was a delightful host. We had a good night's rest, a very good breakfast, and then we carried onto Cape Town.
So our verdict is that this is the place to stay in Swellendam.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends