“Great Value”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Seminyak, Kuta District, Bali

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 72 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Any
Natalie C
Perth, Australia
“Great Value”
Reviewed 4 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Booked the four bedroom Rumi Villa for my husband and his friends Boys Trip. Everyone very happy to get to Bali (in the middle of Ash Cloud Drama) and extremely happy with the villa. Great communication with Mike the owner and easy payment. A big plus that Mike quotes his prices in AUD and the price is more than fair. We would love to book this villa for future trips but is popular for good reasons. Boys loved the pool and the space around the pool. They also loved the location spending a lot of time at La Favela. I am already looking at rebooking for them in 2016. Thanks Mike!

Location Service
Travelling group: Friends
Carla M
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointed: Lack of Privacy A Problem”
Reviewed 19 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

To be honest, we didn't love Rumi Villas. I had read such wonderful things and we were staying there on a personal recommendation from a family friend so perhaps our expectations were too high going in.

Positives:
* Mike (owner) was great to deal with, extremely fast to reply to all emails. Payment for the stay could be made in AU dollars via bank transfer meaning we saved on credit card fees / international transaction fees.
* The villas were close to Eat Street which had supermarket, chemist, restaurants, spas and shops.
* Pool safety fence was provided at no extra charge.
* Numerous pool towels provided
* Entry to Canggu Club is free of charge when you are a villa guest and it's a wonderful place to visit, especially with young children.
* The site is very secure with staff present 24 hours a day.
* The maids were generous with their time in terms of after hours babysitting which was fantastic. We felt safe leaving the children with the maids at the villa whilst we enjoyed a few date nights.

Negatives:
* We stayed in Villa Mimpi which, in our opinion, is a bit run down and tired. The kitchen is covered in lime scale which makes it feel a bit grotty (it IS clean, but looks unclean) and both sinks in the master ensuite had mould and limescale around the plug holes. Little details perhaps but they didn't make a great first impression.
* The fridge doesn't get very cold. We had to buy ice for the beer! (Very first world problem, I know).
* The air conditioning is turned off by the maids if you are not in the bedrooms. Given the bedrooms were the only place to retreat from the heat and humidity, I wanted the aircon to run all day. The maids would even turn off the aircon if the children were using the rooms and one day the aircon was turned off whilst I was napping in the room which I found frustrating.
* The wifi was spotty. We had troubles logging on to begin with and for the duration of the stay, we were booted offline every five minutes or less. Not a big deal to log in again, but annoying when you are having to do this literally every five minutes. Mid What's App I'd be required to log in to the wifi again. Definitely our worst wifi experience whilst in Bali.
* The layout of the villa is not ideal for families with young children as the downstairs bedroom is entirely separated from the upstairs bedroom. You cannot hear the children downstairs which can be problematic if your children wake overnight. I'll admit that I should have paid closer attention to the photos and floor plans prior to booking and worked this out for myself.
* For us, the biggest issue was lack of privacy. We did not realise that when we booked into Rumi Villas we would be provided with maid service **eight hours per day**. Our maids (we had a variety) were all lovely people, friendly, good with our children and they cleaned, cooked breakfast and did our washing. I knew maid service would be part of the package at Rumi, however, nowhere was it stated that the maids would be present for such a long period of time every day. We found the lack of privacy that came with such extended maid service to be stifling and unsuitable for our family. If you wish to stay at Rumi Villas, just be aware that for eight hours a day you will not be alone in your villa.

Rooms Location
Melbourne...
Melbourne
“First time in Bali - great place to stay”
Reviewed 16 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Rumi Villas are set back from Seminyak's main street, so quiet and yet shops, taxis and restaurants are easily accessible. We had the 4 bedroom villa at the back, and it was great. The pool was lovely and the downstairs kitchen, relaxing area was great. The maid will cook your breakfast for you, but we didn't use this service. The beds, ceiling fans and air con were all great. Would definitely stay here again.

Rooms Service
Travelling group: Friends
skmjb
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Villa in a fantastic location”
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My family just stayed 8 nights in the 4 bedroom villa. Plenty of space for all as the 4 bedrooms are great size and very clean. The pool was big and spent plenty of time in it. The two girls looking after us were amazing as nothing was ever a problem. They cooked daily breakfast and made up the rooms. After they finished for the day around 4pm the security man would then be there until the following morning. We felt safe at all times. The villa was on 50 metres from the Main Street of Seminyak diagonally across from coco supermarket which was handy . Only a 5 minute walk to all the main eateries . Thanks Mike and all your staff , will definitely be back next year.

Steve

Sophie S
“Home away from home in paradise”
Reviewed 9 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

My family and I stayed at Rumi villa for 6 nights and boy it was good. It was exactly like the pictures provided on Air BnB and more. Communication with Mike was easy and prompt, we had to book an extra bed at the last minute which was no problem for them at all. The villa is located in a great spot on a quiet little back street which was perfect for us. It's only a short walk to the hustle and bustle of eat street and boutique shops. I would recommend hiring a scooter to get to the beach though as it is a bit of a walk.

The villa is in immaculate condition with speedy wifi, A/C in every room, water cooler and pool towels.

I could not speak more highly of the staff at our villa. If your lucky enough to have Suseni as your house keeper consider yourself very, very lucky. Never have I met a more kind hearted lady who always went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. We opted to have breakfast at the villa every morning because Suseni made the best omelettes and nasi goreng I've ever tasted!!! She helped us hire scooters, educated us on Balinese culture and taught us some a few useful phrases. We had organised a tour that left early so Suseni was happy to come earlier than usual to make us breaky before we left. The security guards always greeted us with a smile and made us feel very safe at night.

All in all, we were spoilt!! I would highly recommend mikes villas and we will definitely come back (maybe sooner than expected considering we're now stuck in Bali hehe) thank you to mike and your staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

KaraH676
Sydney, Australia
“Relaxing getaway”
Reviewed 8 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

My husband and I and two of our teenaged children recently stayed in the 4 bedroom Villa Rumi.It was amazing! The villa was huge, all four bedrooms were very large. The private pool also huge and there is plenty of space to spread out. The staff were excellent and the grounds meticulously maintained. Nothing was a problem and the breakfasts and dinners they prepared for us were delicious. Very close to eat street and in an excellent central location.
We have also stayed previously in a 2 bed Rumi villa and it was equally excellent in terms of staff and maintenance. We will definitely be back to Rumi Villas!!

Glamorous...
Perth, Australia
“Affordable, great location in Seminyak.”
Reviewed 7 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I did enjoy my nine day stay here, but I did have a couple of issues that I was basically aware of before I left home. I do not like the heat and humidity in Bali, but have been there well over thirty times, as my husband loves to bodysurf there! This was only our second time in a villa! The location is fantastic, no question at all about this! The staff were delightful, friendly and helpful. I did find the only ( open ) communal area hard to cope with! I found the lounge to be uncomfortable and I thought there should have been a television/ DVD player in this area, especially for the use of kids. In spite of the overhead fan, I had to retreat to our bedroom to get any relief from the heat. The bedroom and bed were great! But not necessarily good for general communication!
I do not mean this to be a negative review, as it is a wonderful villa! But as an older, arthritic tourist, a couple of small improvements would be fantastic.
Would also like to have a bannister on the other side of the stairs for safety sake.

Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing