“Fantastic Villa”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
monsierob
“Fantastic Villa”
Reviewed 29 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We have just returned home after a fabulous 2 weeks at Umalas Retreat in Villa 4. This was our 8th visit to Bali but our first villa stay. Kay the villa owner is an Australian living in Bali, she patiently answered all of my questions in a quick and timely manner and provided plenty of information regarding our stay prior to our arrival. I was a little nervous about staying in a villa with kids but there is a security guard monitoring the villa right outside the door, they were also helpful arranging taxi's. Kay also touched base with us after we arrived to ensure our arrival, check in and villa stay was on track and to see if we needed any additional assistance. Komang our villa Chef/house keeper was fantastic and he cooked us fabulous meals including Babi guling but be warned this is a massive feast, so make sure you fast before hand. I also highly recommend his smashed avocado as it was my personal favorite. We loved our villa stay so much that we rebooked and paid our deposit before we even checked out.

Simone Y
“Aboslutely amazing - Be prepared to be spoilt”
Reviewed 12 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Fell upon this Villa by chance through Facebook late last year. I had already had another villa booked for our trip and after reading about Umalas and contacting for Kay for more information I was sold.
Other booking cancelled and Umalas Retreat Villa IV locked away.
Nothing Kay sent me or told me could have really explained the beauty of this villa and prepared us for how spoilt we were going to be.
From our airport transfers drivers friendly prompt and quick to arriving at our villa meeting Komang who would be our chef and housekeeper for our 10 days.
FIVE GOLD STARS for Komang this lovely kind man could do no wrong - such amazing meals prepared daily for us. Nothing absolutely nothing was too much trouble. He had a tough job pleasing some teenagers but he totally nailed it every time and we all came home a little rounder.
We wanted to bring him with us.
Having the 24 hour security at the front was amazing as well - we all slept a little sounder knowing they were there - they too went above and beyond for us.
Saying thank you just doesn't seem enough.
We will definitely return to Bali and return to stay at Umalas Retreat IV

Love Love Love
xo

DavidChat...
“Perfect private villa”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Five of us stayed late December for a week and a half (3 adults and 2 late teens), wanting a no fuss quiet holiday and I'm happy to say that is what we got.

Komang took great care of us, providing over half of our meals during our stay. We selected from a menu each day, whether lunch or dinner, he would estimate the cost of the ingredients and then give me the receipt and change on his return. The meals were all great, there was plenty of food and worked out to less than AUD$10 each. I would especially call out the crumbed fried chicken schnitzels with his onion gravy and the sticky black rice pudding (which needs 24 hours notice) as really really good, and Chicken Pad Thai and Chicken Satay was ordered more than once.

The only constraint with eating at the villa compared to staying at a resort is we had to give him advanced notice on what we would like to eat, you can't be spontaneous since he has to go and buy the ingredients and prepare the meal. It forced to have more of a plan each day about what we were going to do than you might have to at a resort.

The villa is not in walking distance of the main Seminyak shopping stips, which is mostly a good thing as it means its quiet. It does mean that we were regularly booking taxis or if Komang was there he would go out on his scooter and get one for us. I strongly recommend the Blue Bird taxis over the other companies, they were always clean and on the meter and it would cost AUD$3-$5 to get to Seminyak shops. Other taxis you have to negotiate the fare and they typically start at more than 3 times what it would cost on the meter.

There are 2 mini-marts and the Someplace Else cafe (good food and coffee) in easy walking distance. A long walk/short taxi you can get to Habitual and Nook, definitely a taxi ride to Seminyak Village and Square.

The rooms were clean and cool and we spent many hours in the pool, especially in the afternoon and early evening. The hammock over the pool got some use too and there was usually someone reading a book on the deck above the pool.

We struggled sometimes with Komang's English, but we always worked it out and now we are back home we miss having him around to have a nice breakfast ready each morning. He was always friendly and helpful.

Thank you also to the security staff for helping us with taxis and food deliveries too.

Everything was as advertised, it was great value for money.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing retreat”
Reviewed 26 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed for a week in villa 4. The villa is superb with classy touches and the best of staff and security services. We had different family members arriving throughout the week and the manager organised transport no problems. We also organised a family tour to ubud, monkey forrest, temple, silver artists for more than half the price of advertised tours. Our chef cooked fantastic meals everyday, organised. a massive traditional feast and scootered me to local shops if needed. Nothing was hard. They give you a local phone to use in the villa and I could order takeaway delivered and the security guys would help translate the address. I've been to bali a few times and this time we had 18 family members staying in different airbnb villas throughout seminyak. Ours was the best of the five. Thanks so much to Kaye and her awesome team. We'll be back soon

Rebekah H
“Miss”
Reviewed 3 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We were totally blown away as soon as we stepped into the villa. Staff were more than helpful and very friendly. The whole setup was beautiful and truly made us feel like we were on vacation. Everything was also very clean. The location was just what we wanted, something close enough to town without being right in the centre. 3 nights was not enough and we will definitely be coming back for a second visit.

Putu111
Perth
“Wow - what an oasis!”
Reviewed 4 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Wow - what an oasis this villa is! So beautifully decorated, this villa was welcoming from the minute I stepped inside. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large enough that I felt spoilt - or like I was on holiday! The gardens are well maintained and the kitchen/lounge area was fab. And everything worked - from the air conditioning to the showers - which is not always the case in some villas I have stayed in. I particularly loved the decking over one end of the pool - great for wine and cheese at the end of a long day doing nothing . . . And the hammock hanging over one end of the pool was a very cool idea - and I didn't fall into the pool once (nearly but not quite lol!). So you get all this and a chef, cleaning staff and security staff! This would have to be one of the best villa deals I have ever had. I can highly recommend Villa 4, Umalas Retreat to everyone and I'll be back! Thank you to everyone who helped make my stay perfect.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
javarose
charlotte, nc
“Lovely Retreat!”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My sister and I really enjoyed our stay at Umalas Retreat IV! Kay the owner was quick to answer the many questions I had before booking and was extremely accommodating. We arrived late because of other plans but Komang was there to warmly welcome us and show us around. He ended up cooking for us a few times and it was always well presented and delicious. Kay also contacted me after we arrived to make sure everything was as expected.

The villa itself is very well maintained and so nicely decorated! Lots of attention to detail which made for a very relaxing stay. The black book Kay provides was extremely helpful. Such a great resource. The villa is not in the very busy area of Seminyak, but just a short cab ride away depending on traffic. The busy area can be noisy so if you're looking for peace and quiet one of the Umalas Retreats would be perfect. One afternoon after shopping it took us maybe 20-25 min to get back to the villa, but the next morning I got up early for a Yoga class in the same area we shopped in and it took less than 10 min to get there! Speaking of, when taking a cab make sure the driver knows how to get to your destination beforehand. We experienced 2 different drivers getting lost. Always take one of the villa business cards which lists the address (left on the kitchen counter). Even with the address still one (Blue Bird) cab driver got lost. Fortunately we had the complimentary cell phone to call the house manager to give the cab driver directions. Another time we were just going from a restaurant to a store and I knew it wasn't far, based on Google maps, but after driving a while the cab driver admitted he was lost. He didn't try to charge us fortunately, but it was a pain to walk back in the right direction (which defeated the point of getting a cab :).
If you exit the villa and walk to the right on the main road there's a mini market if you need snacks, wine or anything, and also a few shops. Go meet Maisun at Very Jaya Top. Very sweet lady who sells beautiful bamboo rugs and accessories.

The 24 hour security was nice to have and always pleasant if we needed anything. My sister had an issue with her room door lock one day and it was promptly addressed.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay! Only regret was not having time to stay longer.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private chef, security, cleanliness, decor, pool
Liked least: Bathrooms were not air conditioned, just the bedrooms
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing