“great week in Bali”

and 1 more site!
Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak
Ranked #82 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom units Feb 12-19/14. Very spacious and comfortable. The living room and kitchen are situated on separate corners and are walled in with glass walls and individually air conditioned. Manager and staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast at restaurant, both American and Indonesian, very good and affordable. Main street in Seminyak probably too far to walk, but possible. Bike or cab very easy to arrange with staff. Cab about 5 min ride about 20,000 rupiah. Would definitely return. Thanks to Jonathan and entire staff for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
JonathanSL, General Manager at Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hi there,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased that you took time to share this with Tripadvisor’s readers. In particular it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed staying in one of our three bedroom villas which are ideal for families or friends travelling together.

We would love to have you come and stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at jsweeneylowe@anantaraclub.com should I be able to assist you in any way in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I recently had the PLEASURE to be spoilt in this fantastic villa!!

It was more then I had expected! It's was clean and sophisticated, we loved it.

This villa is made special by the people that work there. A REALLY helpFul reception lady is worth a mention SANTI and SRI gave us the best customer service we ever received.

We had a wonderful stay!!! Jonathan the GM gave us info that made the rest of our holiday very pleasurable. When we left this lovely hotel and this staff went out of their way to help plan the balance of our trip. THANKS VERY VERY MUCH.

We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Try and get a room near the reception
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Ziyaad,

Our staff are our best asset and I am glad that you experienced first hand the boutique style hospitality we offer here at Anantara Vacation Club Bali, as well as AVC's signature personal touch that you received from Ibus Santi and Sri!

I hope that the rest of your trip that we planned together met with your expectations and we would love to have you come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Feb 8, I moved to Anantara Vocation Club. The front staffs speaks great English, much better than somewhere else I had experienced. The welcome drinks is cold, ginger tasty, and a little bitter sweet, my favorite. They have the library, different with others, they prepared some toys for kids. My daughters were vetted indulged by the toys, even my 10 month daughter. I can also bring them to my rooms. I booked two bedroom pool villa, my husband, brother and my little daughters had spent whole afternoon in the dinning room. , it is bright, cozy and warm, just like home. My 4years old daughter like the swimming pool outside the dinning room. Jonathan Sweeney Lowe, the GM of the club is very helpful when I have special request. I would say, it is the best hotel I experienced in Bali with my family.

Room Tip: Pool villa for family, but should book earier
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank May L
JonathanSL, General Manager at Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Ms. Li,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased that you took time to share this with Tripadvisor’s readers. In particular it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed staying in one of our two bedroom villas which are ideal for families or friends travelling together.

You will be pleased to know that we will be undergoing an extensive refurbishment program shortly, and the resort will be looking even better than it already does for your next visit.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The villas is poorly design and not well maintain:-

- Each villa is attached to each other, so you can hear somebody next door or at the corridor talking clearly; especially I am living at room 8 next to the laundry room
- The show is broken, and the water comes out from the side of the tube
- The shampoo container is not working well, which makes my wife thinks it is a empty bottle
- Looks like that the toothbrush has been used by somebody else and the toothpaste is only half full
- The sliding door is very heavy to open - when you go to the kitchen from the room, you have to open and close at least two times!
- The pool is dirty. No cleansing for long time! I would rather to swim at the large public pool - then what's the point to have a private pool

The location is far away from the beach and shop, and in fact the entrance is extremely small and most taxi drivers have never heard of this property and easy to miss.

However the service quality is pretty high and very responsive. The in house restuarant is another plus to this property, I have tried almost everything on the menu and the taste is well above Bali average.

I realize Anantara Vacation Club properties are sub-standard product - at least for this and Phuket one. I have visited another Anantara at Seminyak which is 5 minutes drive away and seems that one is a better option as it is along the beach front - and I dont mind it is not villa type.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HerbertLi
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We checked in Garden pool villa for 3 days & found service was exemplary.
Breakfast in restaurant was good but had limited options.
Villa , however seemed infested with mosquitoes & ensuring a hassle free sleep at night seemed difficult.Kitchenette was away from room & travelling between rooms; especially at night- was annoying.

A pamphlet in our room mentioned Geckos could be seen within the property & they were friendly. In pamphlets, visitors were encouraged to click pictures when they spotted a gecko to win a gecko soft toy. Brilliant trick but still didn't go down well with us!

Taxi was must as place is far from market & beach.

Average experience as Bali seems to have better alternatives with significantly better value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EnnEmm1980
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Originally booked a 1 bedroom villa with a friend but were upgraded to a 2-bedroom as the resort was under renovation and not fully booked at the time. The rooms were extremely comfortable and spacious. The villa was spotless. The outdoor shower, sunken bath, private plunge pool and amenities made us feel very pampered. I loved how we could either keep the doors closed and chill to the AC or open the living room/dining/kitchen sliding doors and jump directly into the pool from there. Service was prompt and food requests came within 15-20mins of calling. The only downside was that the location itself was not too great. Far from the beach (although there is a shuttle available to take you to the other Anantara property. Ideal would have been if the two were connected) and not near many of the shops and restaurants that made inland Bali properties worth it. That said, staff was always ready to call you a cab, or shuttle, or even the resort golf cart if you were too lazy to walk from the dining area to your villa.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2014

When we first walked into our 2 bedroom pool villa we were stunned by its beautiful Balinese style and atmosphere. Both bedrooms and the living room were equipped with a ceiling fan and air conditioner that made our stay very pleasant, or alternatively the sliding doors allowed for a modern open plan living experience. My friend and I absolutely loved waking up in the morning and starting our day with a refreshing swim among the frangipani trees and room service with a smile if we desired.

The staff here are amazing, always answering our calls promptly from the room and offering their services for any bookings or housekeeping needs. Our rooms were always refreshed with clean towels and amenities including bottled water, tea and coffee.

We were more than satisfied with our stay at anantara vacation club and would happily stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bea446

Dear Ms. Bea,

You will be pleased to know that we will be undergoing an extensive refurbishment program shortly, and the resort will be looking even for your next visit.