“Very accomodative - great setting”

Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak
Ranked #88 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
New York City, New York
“Very accomodative - great setting”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding in Bali. Beautiful setting, nice location. Loved the 3 bedroom suite and large pool! The hotel manager, Jonathan, was very helpful is arranging whatever we needed and arranged for a nice gift for our wedding.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
JonathanSL, General Manager at Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Mr Perna,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased that you took time to share this with Tripadvisor’s readers.

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed the Royal 3 bedroom Villa experience, ideal for large groups, be they friends or family. I am also glad you enjoyed your private pool, a facility available in all of our villas!

It was a pleasure hosting you and your family for your wedding and we would love to have you come and stay with us again.

Jonathan Sweeney-Lowe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had booked one 2 bedroom villa and 1 single bedroom villa for my group. The welcome at the resort was warm and our rooms were ready. The walk to the rooms does feel a bit strange as they are in one straight line and as a result it does not feel like a resort. The 2 bedroom villa is really spacious...The rooms are well furnished...the bathrooms are fancy and the middle living area and kitchen looks inviting. We used the private pool on both days and well its was good but I was always unsure about the cleanliness of the water since its open air. One of the drawbacks of the property is that the lighting in all the rooms is poor so it does become kinda depressing towards the evening. The resort is close to the Seminyak market but quite far from the beach and you have to cab it to any of the happening spots. I had to sit through a presentation with my wife on the 2nd day and go through the sales pitch of the Vacation Club staff. I did find them a bit insistent even after I had indicated that it would not suit my holiday style. I would rate the staff and service as friendly. Breakfast was ok and you had to choose from a set menu. There are a couple of cheap and good massages just outside the hotel which you should try. So the rating on the property is that it will suit you if you are traveling with a large group and if you like vacations clubs...I would prefer the full service beach resorts in Nusa Dua if you are in Bali.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to reception...Villas 1-6...You wont have to walk much to your rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ashparti,

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed our spacious 2 bedroom Villa experience, ideal for families and friends traveling together! I am also glad that you experienced our warm and friendly staff and service!

I would like to assure you that the pools are cleaned on a daily basis to ensure the highest of cleanliness and hygiene standards for our guests and owners. Regarding the lighting in the villas, I am sorry you did not feel that this was adequate. We have designed the lighting to provide a romantic setting in the evenings that many of our guests do enjoy.

And while it is true that we are not a beach front property, we do offer a shuttle to the Anantara Seminyak (not 5 minutes away), where guests can enjoy beach facilities accompanied by a sunset cocktail!.

We would love to have you come and stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at jsweeneylowe@anantaraclub.com should I be able to assist you in any way in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have a family villa with 3 rooms, kitchen, family room, swimming pool and outdoor patio. Is huge and quiet. Seclusive and romantic. The only down side is that it was new when we were there and so the resort pool was not ready but is ok since we have our own pool and only have 1 place for dining and not much choice. Because is new and not all things are ready, they compensate by giving us shuttle when we want to go out.

Room Tip: Vey limited villa so all the villa is nice and seclusive and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
JonathanSL, General Manager at Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Annie,

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed the Royal 3 bedroom Villa experience, ideal for large groups, be they friends or family. I am also glad you got a feel for how private and romantic the villas can be as well!

You will be pleased to learn that the main pool was completed last year and is now awaiting you on your next visit! We are also launching a new menu in the restaurant very soon with a wide variety of international cuisine to choose from; indonesian, chinese & continental.

We still offer the shuttle service down to the beach and look forward welcoming you back to enjoy some of the many additional facilities we now have to offer since your last stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We rented a 2 rooms private pool villa. anantara offers spacious room with big private pool while offering sufficient space of privacy for traveling couple friends.. the rooms are huge & offers complete facilities. Foods are good & staff are extremely helpful. Highly recommended for couples who are looking for privacy & romance getaway...:)

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Mr Fu,

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed the private & spacious dynamic of our 2 bedroom villas. They really are ideal when traveling with family and friends and I am glad that you enjoyed the use of your private pool and all the facilities the villas have to offer.

In particular, it was rewarding to hear your high praise of the staff and food here at Anantara Vacation Club Bali and how genuinely friendly and helpful you found them.
I am extremely lucky to have such a great team!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed in a villa (but that's why we're there) with a beautiful swimming pool, 2 bedrooms and a lounge/dining room. That rocked...especially when swimming laps on a blue amazing day. Service was great and smiley, always giving us the best places to go to.

It's a little far away from the main strip, but hey, it's just a stroll away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi there,

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your private villa swimming pool and that you were so satisfied with the service you received and smiley faces that delivered it

In particular, it was rewarding to hear your high praise of the staff here at Anantara Vacation Club Bali and how genuinely friendly and helpful you found them.
I am extremely lucky to have such a great team!

...it is great for the team to get feedback that THEY ROCK! I will be sure to pass it on.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We took a villa with the pool..Firstly, the place was abit of a letdown, we were expecting this to be near the beach but it was nowhere near and we felt a little mislead. Nowhere was this place in any of the website. Plus it felt a little rundown as compared to the one in Phuket.
The plus point was the staff, we would rate them as A++, very helpful, courteous. The reception was very knowledgeable about the places to visit and the timings and what to expect. The food was good.
Would have been perfect if the place was nicer. We're planning another trip back here with friends but will most probably be staying in another hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bok T,

Thank you for taking the time to share on Tripadvisor your feedback regarding your recent stay at Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak.

It is only through feedback such as this that we are able to continually review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations at all times.

I was disappointed to read that you were not completely satisfied with the location of the resort. I apologise for any misunderstanding or inconvenience caused. While it is true that we are not a beach front property, we do offer a shuttle to the Anantara Seminyak (only 5 mins away), where you can enjoy sunset cocktails on the beach on their beach lawn.

I was however happy to learn that you felt well taken care of by the staff and were extremely satisfied with the service you received during your stay, as well as having enjoyed our F&B offerings here at the Club Resort.
I am blessed with an excellent team!

You will be pleased to know that we have just completed some refurbishments which have addressed what were some of the more weathered areas of the resort and she is now looking revitalised, ready for your next visit.

Thank you for once again for your comments, and feel free to contact me directly should I be able to offer any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Director of Resort Operations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our stay at Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak was average and not up to expectation, considering that it is one of the Anantara properties.

We stayed at the pool villa for 3 nights and the villa itself is quite beautiful. If you are looking for privacy and a quiet environment, it would be a suitable place. However, the vacation club is situated in town surrounded by walls which does not give a holiday feeling. There are also very few facilities and the main pool is not so attractive.

The vacation club is also a bit far from the beach and its so called "beach club" is ridiculous. It is just a few umbrellas and beach chairs at a deserted stretch along the coastline. We had to use a dirty bathroom of the restaurant nearby. Luckily, we were able to use the facilities of its sister hotel Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa with a minimum spending on food & beverage. Its main pool and beach bar are very decent. The service there is a lot better than the vacation club. We could see more staff with smiley faces.

The quality of food at the vacation club's restaurant and in-room dining was average (but the Bali flavour pizza was excellent). We would not recommend its Babi Kuling which was disappointing (there is a reputable Babi Kuling place nearby but we did not have a chance to try). For dining options adjacent to the vacation club, you could go to the main street (around 5 minutes by taxi) with a lot of restaurants. Otherwise, the restaurants at Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa are also nice.

The WIFI at the vacation club was annoying. We had to key in the specific login name and password on its login page every time when we wanted to use the WIFI.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi there,

It was delighted to learn that you enjoyed our pool villa facilities and that you found them to be extremely private and quiet. I was of course disappointed to read that you were dissatisfied with the location of the resort.

You will be pleased to learn that we have since closed the beach club that you mentioned and now offer a shuttle 3 times daily to the Anantara Seminyak, where owners may enjoy the beach lawn and pool facilities you highlighted for a minimum spend on food and beverage of roughly USD 25 per person.

Your comments regarding the wifi password input are valid and I am in the process of changing the system to ensure that owners only need to log-in once during their stay. This change will take place with immediate effect thanks to your feedback.

I was however disappointed that you felt there were more smiley faces at the Anantara Seminyak. It is usually the high level of personalised service from our small, intimate boutique style that owners enjoy here at Anantara Vacation Club Bali. I have passed on your comments to the team to review and investigate.

I am glad that you enjoyed our Bali Pizza...it is excellent...I would have to agre! :) I am sorry that you did not enjoy our other offerings. The chef is currently working on a new menu which will be launched shortly and available for your next visit!

Kind Regards