“My first trip to Bali made memorable by great accommodation”
Review of Umah Watu Villas

Umah Watu Villas
Ranked #24 of 426 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Stayed at Corra Villa for 4 nights, what a pleasure!! From transfer to check out ~ it was a breeze. Made (driver) and Anis (housekeeper) took very good care of us. Mick (the owner) arranged a VIP arrival for me with visa and immigration issues all being taken care of - excellent option. The villa is perfectly situated for both the beach and the shopping strip! Down a quiet alley, away from the hustle and bustle of the traffic, so really nice and quiet. Couldnt have asked for more - besides a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I'll start by saying that im not sure i want everyone to know about the gem called Corra Villa in Seminyak. This position perfect Villa very close to KuDeTa is best kept a secret. We are very grateful to Mr Mick, Made and of course Anis who made our stay a delight. I didnt know Anis was going to make our breakfast everyday - what a surprise. Everything about our stay was EASY. I have been to Bali 7 times over the last 3.5 years and i do love the villa thing. Corra Villa is great for 2 couples and has both indoor and outdoor living and that great pool. The gardens are very beautiful. Thank you once again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This is our 3rd stay at Taman Toya Villas but our first trip advisor report why, because we didn't want to share our place of paradise.

But I think it is time to let everyone know that this is the place to stay in Seminyak Bali.

Peter the owner makes organizing your trip a breeze from Valet Visa which whisks you through a busy airport to a smiling Putu who is ready to drive you to Taman Toya in an airconditioned vehicle.

Once you arrive and are welcomed to Taman Toya it takes your breath away to see such a beautiful Villa . The garden surrounds a crisp, clean pool which is just amazing.A beautifully decorated ground floor is beckoning you to sit and take in the ambience.

Upstairs is the main master bedroom and as soon as you open the door your reaction will be WOW or as the young ones would say "OMG".

Everyday you will discover something new whether it is a beautiful exotic orchard in the garden or a special corner for you to just sit and enjoy the whole Villa setting.

The staff always greet you with a smile and nothing is too much trouble for them and we couldn't
wait to see them every day.

Breakfast best meal of the day was prepared by Annie which was always amazing with Kutut and Anna assisting.

Restaurants, markets, day spas and the beach are only a stroll away and try Ultimo restaurant our favorite place to eat.

Our only regret with Taman Toya is leaving but we will be back again and again.

When you stay at Taman Toya you feel like you are staying with friends.

Thanks to Peter and staff for looking after us.

Mike and Chris

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 24 July 2012

A refined and homely villa in a quiet backwater of lively Seminyak with views over the last verdant rice paddy in the area. Everything went smoothly on arrival from Putu’s smiling greeting at the airport to Peter’s warm welcome at the villa and the scent of the fresh tuberose flowers in the guesthouse.

Location
The villa is at the end of Gang Drona (a small lane), off Jalan Sari Dewi. Jalan Sari Dewi is a one lane street which runs parallel to the beach behind the sprawling Oberoi Hotel. Taxis will have no trouble finding and negotiating this street. In one direction the street intersects with Jalan Laksmana (‘eat street’) and the other Jalan Dyana Pura (party street? – many bars in this area.). Closest restaurant to the villa is the Art Café at Villa Kresna, a friendly spot offering well-priced tasty meals, bar and live music. There are many other restaurants and bars within walking distance as well as supermarkets, ATMs, shops etc.

Accommodation
I stayed in the upstairs guesthouse which is like an enclosed balcony overlooking the pool, garden and ricefields. Well-furnished with a comfortable bed, bedside reading light, armchairs, TV and DVD player, a safe, bar fridge and a private outdoor bathroom (just the thing in a tropical climate as otherwise mould proliferates). There is also a guestroom downstairs next to the pool. I had a look at the 3 bedroom pool villa which is stylish and comfortable with room for 6 adults plus a couple of kids.

Facilities
Breakfast is served in the common area and a selection of cereals, toast, fresh fruit, fresh juice, coffee etc is available as well as cooked eggs and bacon. I can recommend Annie’s beautiful scrambled eggs and omelettes. Pool is shared between the two rooms and is deep and refreshing. There are some sunbeds near the pool and the common sitting area and kitchen are available to guests. Peter, as a long-term resident, can give advice on all manner of things: phones, money, taxis, local customs etc. In Jalan Sari Dewi, there is a tour agency if you need to make bookings for sightseeing.

As with most places in Bali, the staff at this villa are lovely. What makes Umah Watu a standout is the location, the thoughtful design of the villas and Peter – a gracious host, there when you need him but not in your face.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the upstairs guesthouse for the views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank HunkiDori
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed at Corra Villa for 10 days and enjoyed every minute of it. The owner was professional and friendly throughout the booking process. Made (the driver) and most especially Anise, home services, made our stay that much more enjoyable. The villa is perfectly situated in Seminyak - close to the beach, Ku De Ta, good restaurants (try The Junction) and shopping. Despite the hustle and bustle around Seminyak when you enter the villa you are entering your private oasis. The villa was immaculately presented and service beautifully every day. We highly recommend this villa and its management.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed in the upstairs suite at the Taman Toya Villa and it was by far the most comfortable place I stayed while in Indonesia this time.
I picked it initially because of the good reviews here and because with research I discovered that Peter includes a car pick up from the airport with a stay of over 3 nights and I thought that after more than 24 hours traveling, it would be good not to have to deal with finding a cab when I got there. I'm so glad I made that decision! Bali's Denpassar airport is absolute mayhem and it was such a relief to see my name and a smiling face in the crowd. Peter's driver Putu was very friendly, helpful and steered me through the crowd to his car quickly (Peter can also arrange an escort right from the plane door for you, apparently - the lines for visas etc can be long and confusing, though I didn't find that was the case at the beginning of June)

The Villas are tucked away in the back gangs (lanes) of Seminyak, next to some very pretty rice fields. They can be hard to find, even for local drivers, so that's another reason to arrange for Peter's guy to pick you up. Peter (the owner), himself is a lovely host. Very warm, full of all sorts of knowledge of the area, Bali in general and the world theatre scene and always more than willing to arrange day trips or give recommendations. His staff is all warm and friendly but not intrusive at all and breakfast was delicious and certainly one of the best and most filling I had in my three weeks there, where 'breakfast' can sometimes mean two slices of toast, a cup of coffee and glass of orange squash.

I enjoyed my stay there very much - it's a beautiful place with all sorts of attention to detail and comfort. Peter has made a lovely haven for travelers in Seminyak.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rosegrrl
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My sister and I spent 11 nights at Corra Villa. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were met promptly at the airport by Made and met Anise (our housekeeper) at the villa on our arrival after midnight. They both looked after us very well. The villa was lovely and so close to all the restaurants and shops in Seminyak, but after walking through the entrance to Villa Corra you felt miles away. The pool and gardens were lovely. We both had a very relaxing stay and will definitely be back. Thoroughly recommend Villa Corra to anyone wishing a very relaxing holiday, but still close to shops and restaurants. The best of both worlds!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family