“THE BEST”

Ranked #117 of 580 Restaurants in Seminyak
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 24 June 2014

You cannot beat this place for flavour and value. If you want to try the local cuisine this and Warung Melati (3 shops up) are the best. Food is fresh as its always busy. Huge plate of rice, veges, chicken for $4.50 Aus. You can have beef, fish, tofu, tempe etc etc. Beer and wine available if needed.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I visited Warung Murah on numerous occasions on my first trip to Bali in 2009 and returned again with my family in 2011.

On my first visit I was travelling with friends who used to live in Indonesia so to get the tick of approval from them to keep coming back again and again is a really big feat!

Although I have tried Indonesian food cooked by authentic Indonesians this was my first meal out whilst on the island and its safe to say I was blown away that there could be such delicious food with such a huge ever changing range and at such an amazing price! (Even though I do speak Indonesian and understand that Warung Murah does indeed translate to cheap food house!)

Personal favourites for me was the fresh mango juice, the perfect refreshment for the steamy humid weather and spicy food and the lumpia (spring rolls) Oh. My. Goodness! I could live off of those! I thought no one could make better spring rolls than my Filipino neighbor but Warung Murah proved me wrong! Everything else was much to the same standard.

A fantastic place to enjoy authentic Indonesian food (cannot stand going over there and seeing Western families queueing up at KFC and McDonalds - try some real Indonesian food!) at a price that is just too good to miss!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Tried this place on the second day of my stay and just kept going back. Very tasty, simple local food, good variety and friendly service. Highly recommended, especially if you're on a budget.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

i was really hungry and i couldnt finish my food. enough said. it was too mediocre for the price they charging.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at Heliconia Villas and went to Warung Murah three times during our 5-day stay as it’s only a 5-minute walk away. Warung Murah is located along Eat Street or Jalan Oberoi as it’s known to taxi drivers, somewhere between Chandi and Café Bali. It’s a no-frills restaurant with no airconditioning but the fans are good enough. Those times we ended up there, around 2.45pm, it’s almost always empty which was great as we didn’t have to jostle with the crowds.

The food is tasty, you can choose to have plain white rice, yellow rice or brown rice to go with sides like fried or grilled chicken (yummy!), mixed vegetables, begedil (potato patties), corn fritters, fried tempeh, peanuts and tofu, rendang, chicken curry, sayur lodeh and many more. My three-day staple was yellow rice with grilled/fried chicken, satay, begedil, fried tempeh and water spinach. The damage : 28,000 rupiah. Don’t forget to add chilli for those who like it spicy. Mineral water an additional 5,000 rupiah. The restaurant also opens for breakfast and dinner. When I asked the staff what food they serve at breakfast, I was informed they could do nasi goreng, eggs and toasted bread. Would love to check that out in my next Bali trip.

We also visited an Indonesian/Thai restaurant along Jln Petitenget and the food disappointed us with fried bebek and steamed fish rather dry, weird peanut sauce for satay and bitter than usual flourless chocolate cake and we paid 20 times the price of what we spent at Warung Murah. Needless to say, we were very pleased with Warung Murah not only for its food quality but also its affordability. The food is prepared fresh so no need to worry about Bali belly. There is a halal sign indicated at the food counter so Muslims can dine here with confidence. Enjoy !

3  Thank iamtigerlily