“Not bad for a 5 star hotel”
Review of Blue Ocean

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Blue Ocean
Ranked #137 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Not bad for a 5 star hotel”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed at blue ocean for a total of 6 days in Dec 2012. I got a great deal through agoda and wanted to stay in a 5 star hotel that is out side of the normal names tourists would flock too.

Location
This was a great place as it is right on the beach in seminyak and is only a $6 taxi ride away from Legian or Kuta.

The staff were friendly and would proactively try to remember my name which I really liked. Staff would call taxis when I needed them, give me beach towels right away when I ask- overall great service.

Room
Very cosy room, had all the room features one could expect from a 5 star hotel, the only thing I disliked was whilst I would have a shower the drain would not get rid of the water fast enough. Upon further investigation I found hair in the DRAIN! Other than that the room was clean.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Joey5639

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Don't expect to much of the rooms but the rooms are big and are kept clean every day. Bathroom is old but has warm water. If you want moee service just ask with a smile. I changed rooms to get a klamboo and got the best room with free wifi from neighbouring restaurant (room 4).
The big plus is the location, surfschool and the beach 30mtrs away. The blue ocean restaurant is also good. With a broad variaty of indo, western food and fish.

• Stayed April 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I stayed for 4 nights in peak season. i rang in the morning when on the bus from java and they said they would hold a room for me - fantastic for me as arriving at 7pm in bali in july without a booking usually = no rooms. the room was 200,000 per night which is cheap cheap cheap considering the location across from the beach and fabulous retaurants/bars/clubs right next door. the room was basic but clean - quite fancy for me having come across sumatra and java where mandhis are standard in basic accom. it was a treat to have hot water and a flushing toilet. i would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
kuta
Reviewed 17 October 2010

That was the worst experience we had on the bali.
The price sounds very strange for this place (just directly on the beach) .
It was only 200.000 rp / day . (25$)
But rooms are dirty, bathroom equipment is rusty.

We had a very bad expirience on the checkout:
We ordered a room for 200 000 a day , In our room the toiled door was locked and they said that we can stay in other room this night and then comeback when they fix the door.

On the checkout they tried to charge us 100 000 rp more for that and the concierge was a bulling us and try to make a fight.

after this we took a taxi and spoke with driver, described the situation and he askd ask us, were you staing in the Blue Ocean hotel? He said that its a very bad place , there are a lot of complaints from tourists. Then he said that the boss (he said "bandito") of the hotel does not care about hotel, all he care about the money.

This is the worst experience i personally had.
Never go this hotel. its a crappy place. Not just because of the situation, but because of the hotel itself.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank imago123

Travellers are raving about these Seminyak hotels

UK
Reviewed 15 May 2009

The bungalow rooms here are quite old, but bathroom and main room have lots of space, a lockable wardrobe (with your own padlock) and daily service, including replacing towels. You are metres from the sea, although with no views. I had a beautiful frangipani tree outside my bungalow, number 8, so filled my room with fallen flowers. The staff are relaxed - sometimes a bit too relaxed as the rooms really could do with a very deep clean - and there's internet access free at the Blue Ocean cafe in front. The simple breakfast is excellent value, drinks and meals acceptable. It can be very noisy at night, with cheesy live gigs on a Friday. The surf school is right here, so this is a good base to learn or surf.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Russia, Moscow
Reviewed 25 October 2008

This is a very basic hotel with the rooms each of which has it's own entrance right from the hotel territory (bungalow). The accomodation is very basic, but clean, the rooms are big and you can hear the ocean when you fell asleep and wake up. It is a great feeling!!

The price is also great for such place and you can stay there weeks and months for such price :)

In 2008 I paid 17 usd per day in high season :) for 1 room :)

• Liked — The location and the kind atmosphere.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Sari Bunga Hotel
Hotel Kumala Pantai
Hotel Kumala Pantai
#29 of 251 in Kuta
Puri Naga Seaside Cottages

Been to Blue Ocean? Share your experiences!