“The Birthday dinner”

Ranked #77 of 588 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: SIP is a trendy and animated French brasserie-like in the heart of bustling Seminyak in Bali. Authentic French regional cuisine is its culinary identity enhanced by one of the most comprehensive wine lists in Indonesia, offering no less than 16 wines by the glass, daily.SIP thrives to maintain its reputation of ‘high quality-affordable’ bistro/brasserie with a perky ambience, providing a truthful and relevant piece of Paris in Bali.Gallic fun under the tropics!
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked well in advance of our trip and made certain to confirm the booking. It was a Friday night and when we arrived the place was bursting at the seams. Nothing wrong with that - except we were seated outside the toilets, on a very precarious step - complete with the yellow and black "caution" strip stuck on the edge! - where if you moved your chair back just a fraction you'd be legs up over the edge! We did advise the restaurant when we booked that it was a special occasion and we were disappointed with where we were seated. The service was rushed and less than personal. The food was, naturally, very good - with the exception of the dessert. I absolutely love a well cooked dessert souffle and was anticipating a treat! But this one was mostly egg white. This place is not cheap by even Perth standards so we expected a little more than we got. We've been to the brothers place down the road at Ginger Boy and found that a far better experience. Unfortunately, on this visit, Sip did not live up to our expectations. Next time we are in Bali we may (or may not) give it another try but maybe midweek.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

If you think the title of my review says it all - it doesn't!!
SIP Wine Bar is an amazing dining experience for food lovers. The menu is so extensive and encompassing that it will have you go back there again and again to savour the absolutely delicious cuisine.
i started my meal with the Goat Cheese Salad (a personal favourite), I was persuaded to try the Escargots 'A La Parisienne' ( to 'die' for) and for my main meal - Pepper Steak (cooked to perfection) i wish i had room to eat more!!!
Of course i had beautiful french wine to complement my meal..
But hey! As i was filling my face with the food above i spied other diners enjoying the desserts. In fact i overheard a conversation that SIP served superb desserts. I was totally spoilt for choice. Creme Brûlée it was. I have never ever tasted anything sooooo good!
Let me add that apart from the super duper meal, the ambience, the entire staff and even their extremely busy French chef took the time and interest to ensure not only that i was enjoying the meal but every other customer in that very chic and tastefully decorated restaurant.
i say three cheers for SIP WINE BAR.... Don't miss out on this fabulous experience on your next trip to Bali....

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Sip Wine Bar is without a doubt the best French restaurant in Seminyak. The menu is mouthwatering and the wine collections are various. This restaurant also has package menu with budget called The Sip "Early Bird" Prix Fixe Menu for IDR 135.000++ or IDR 160.000 nett. You can enjoy this 3 courses menu from 5.30 to 6.30 pm everyday, really worth the try! If you want to come a bit later, say, from 7 to 10.30 pm, they also have The Sip "Stimulus" Prix Fixe Menu for IDR 195.000++ or IDR 230.000 nett. I had the Stimulus menu and the Mahi-Mahi with Seaweed butter was very scrumptious I couldn't finish it, and the Lemon Souffle was super too!

Sip is also open for lunch from 12 to 5 pm (except on Sunday). Like dinner, you can choose the a la carte menu or the prix fixe menu IDR 75.000++ or IDR 90.000 nett for 2 courses (appetizer and main or main and dessert). Would love to try their lunch next time.

I would recommend this restaurant for couples as it really has a romantic setting. You can easily find the place, it's 10 meters walk across famous Bintang Supermarket in Jalan Raya Seminyak. Oh, and the staffs are very polite and professional too. Bravo!

3  Thank vee_vita
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a great restaurant for good French bistro food, a good selection of wine and fantastic service. It is small and intimate. You could be in a little French bistro in Paris. Patrick the Chef and the staff always are there to help in every way possible. A must if this style of eating and drinking is up your alley.

1  Thank Liz H
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Back here again after 5 years, I had same menu from last time and this 'pork shanks' with lentils were very good and hard to compared around Bali. Thank you pa Putra for asking me about meals and services. Would be back soon!.

2  Thank tantiklam