“Enjoyed our stay..!”
Review of The Seiryu Villas

The Seiryu Villas
Ranked #37 of 434 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed 5 nights at the Seiryu Villas and both my friend and I felt we made the right choice! No regrets!

The villa is designed with tranquillity and privacy in mind. Room is simple but tastefully done up and comfortable. The villa is surrounded by high walls but the compound is spacious enough so you do not feel too caged in. Reading a book at the gazebo/daybed after swimming in the private pool is a great way to pass your day! You can also borrow a few DVDs (updated selection) from the reception to kill your time.

Breakfast is served daily in your villa at the time you desire. Food might not be the tastiest but the breakfast choices/spread is pretty sumptuous! There was this morning where we had to leave at 2am for a volcano hike and the staff prepared a breakfast box for us to have on the go! Just one example of the warm service we experienced throughout our stay!

Seiryu does not have its own in-house restaurant or spa but no worries, there are 2 restaurants (Sorriso and Delicious Onion) and a spa (Vitamin) just next door. Location wise, nestled inside a quiet lane, the villa is a short leisure walk away from the bustling streets of Seminyak and the beach. If you wish to go to Kuta, the villa provides a shuttle service.

Our stay at Seiryu felt like home away from home so thank YOU to all the staff at the Seiryu Villas for making our stay a wonderful and memorable one!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here in 2011. The place was quite hidden and I wasn't expected such a private and tranquil place in Seminyak Area.

The staff is very friendly even to us Indonesian, and this place was pure heaven...lovin' the simplicity and the design of the room which is very peaceful and zen-like.

Breakfast was quite ok with a few selection of japanese, western, indonesian food...portion is quite generous...good experience for the japanese breakfast but I would say taste-wise nothing spectacular.

Few things to notice :
1. as each villa is only next to each other, it's very possible that you could hear your neighbour if they're quite noisy, but it didn't happen to me during my stay.
2. During our stay, I have to tell the butler to inform us beforehand if they're going to come to our room and only enter the room if we have gave them the permission. (it wouldn't be funny if you're doing something really private in the villa and the butler enter just to deliver your breakfast or want to clean up your room for you)

But other than that, I would definitely recommend this place to whoever is looking for a serene place around seminyak and for honeymoon-er, this place is fantastic! :)

1  Thank 3mt1
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My husband and I had a really wonderful time. The food was delicious, and super generous in portion. I was never able to finish up every bit of the food. And Thank you Mini for helping get a last minute tailoring done. Do allow me to thank you all for the wonderful time My husband and I had from 27 Feb 12 to 01 Mar 12. Thanks Made, Nada, Mini, Sernei and all whom my husband and I have met during our stay. I’m sure I will come back to Seiryu again in a matter of time.

1  Thank Stella C
Reviewed 1 March 2012

after negotiating the beautiful madness that is the drive from the airport into Seminyak, we released a huge sigh when we entered into the Seiryu Villas. The photos do not do justice to the tranquility and peace surrounding this complex. You couldn't possibly imagine that you are right in the middle of busy Seminyak. Close proximity to the beach was a must for us, and a gentle 5 min walk took us straight to Seminyak beach with lots of bars/eateries right on the sand. The villas were breathtaking and the staff were always unobtrusive and yet exceptionally helpful. Having a hot tasty breakfast delivered to our room each day gave us the luxury of planning our day peacefully, privately and leisurely. This is an ideal spot if you are looking for a relaxing holiday and haven to escape to after a busy day in Bali.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rose_28_12
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I had a wonderful time with my partner in this honeymoon. The service and staff was really good and firendly. I love the exterior, especially the pool. We can swim privately. I will recommend this villa to any of my friends. Really enjoy my time here.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

we stayed 5 days 4 nights in the deluxe villa in late jan 2012.
good points
- impeccable service and very friendly staff available 24/7 who make good recommendations with regards to dining, clubbing, activities options
- superb location (very quiet and tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the main road yet close to the beach and good restaurants nearby)
- very private (you might stay the whole trip and not see another guest at all)
- very tasteful design and overall concept (japanese aesthetic fused with balinese decor)

bad points
- WI-FI signal indoors seemed pretty weak. was slightly better outdoors
- dining room/kitchen in deluxe villa was a bit dark
- if getting the spa treatment at the villa's sister spa company, better to book at the spa itself than through the hotel (we got ripped off about a 20% difference)

Room Tip: we had a chance to stay in the royal villa for a night because the deluxe villas were full. as a co...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cwww219
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I had a great time here with my partner. The service was excellent and the staff was really friendly. All decorations were up to date and kept very well. I would recommend to any of my mate who are interested to have a couple stay at this villa. Loved the outdoor pool. It was quite and no one to disturb you. Will definetly go back to this place when I am back in Bali. It was close to everything to shop and food and the beach as well. All was walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple