“Beautiful and quiet place perfect for retreat”
Review of The Seiryu Villas

The Seiryu Villas
Ranked #35 of 423 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 24 June 2009

It was a gorgeous place. We liked everything about the design from the moment we stepped in at the entrance. There were a lot of japanese themed designs which were really refreshing and beautiful. We stayed at Villa A, and the interior was just like the picture. It was spacious, clean and had modern designs. There were two tvs! One at the living room and one in front of the bed which is just a few steps away.

We love the breakfast. And it was served to us in the kitchen. We also ordered room service and the food was delicious and value for money. Service was good. Staffs were friendly and helpful, and they made sure they gave us the privacy that we wanted.

It's located on a small road. Initially it was a bit worrying, but after familiaring ourselves with the area, we realized that the location is quite strategic. There were lots restaurants and shops within walking distance. Jln Laksamana, which is famous for its eateries were only 1-2 minutes drive away. It's really quiet at the villa, away from the hustle and bustle, and gave us the peace and quiet which we wanted.

Our only complain was the mosquitoes. There weren't many but it still disturbed our sleep at night. Although, I've heard that this is quite common for villas in bali. We had to sleep with some lights on at night. Fortunately, that seem to solve the problem.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 June 2009

We always travel to Bali at least once a year. Never found a villa as unique as the Seiryu. Stayed at the Seiryu for 2 nights and it was a great. We had a villa with Japanese “autumn theme” (the Seiryu has 4 types of villas i.e. spring, summer, autumn, and winter). The staffs were very friendly and helpful. We arrived at the Seiryu at 1 am in the morning (we had the last flight from Jakarta). However, the staffs still helped us to check in and delivered our luggage to the villa with a smile on their faces (looking quite sleepy though). We have a photo shoot at 5 am in the morning (4 hours after we checked in) and ask whether it will be possible to serve breakfast at 4 am. Amazingly they managed to serve coffee, breads, and fresh fruits at 4 am (no additional charge since breakfast was included). The bed was huge and really comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. Love everything about this villa.

Reviewed 10 June 2009

With the many good reviews about this hotel, i have decided to make a reservation with them for my honeymoon on Oct 2009. Well, that comes the problem, i have sent 2 emails to them. First, asking bout more informations, deals and payments. No reply after a week. Even though i did not get any answers, i still trust that my upcoming holiday will not be a bad one due to many pleasant reviews here. So i sent out my second email, stating reservations and more enquiries on payment wise. After 3 weeks, still no reply.

I was deeply disappointed. I used both the reservation system in their website and reservation email. As much as i would love to try their hotel and packages, they have not showed me any sincerity, seriousness and kinship in making any business deals.

I will not consider or even think bout this place again. As for now, i have booked another hotel who replied my emails within 6hrs, answering all my questions and even special deals.

3  Thank moobox82
The_Seiryu_Villas, manager at The Seiryu Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2009

Our corporate company has replied your request less than half hour, but no feedback up to now.
Here is the proof from our file:

From: Ketut Kanten [mailto:kanten@balivillareservasi.com]

Subject: New Inquiry Packages - www.seiryuvillas.com
seiryuvillas.com Package Booking
_____

Reviewed 24 May 2009

After having researched a fair bit on the net, I decided to stay at the Seiryu for my honeymoon for 4 nights. As soon as we stepped out of the airport and were met with our driver, I knew it there and then that the Seiryu was a great choice. We were greeted with chilled towels and water and driven straight to the villa, which was tucked away in a quiet corner in Seminyak. The location is very appropriate; 5 minutes walk from the busy Seminyak stretch and 3 minutes to the beach. The villa (B2) was spotlessly clean and the Japanese ambience was pleasing. The little touches are what make a stay memorable. Like the perfumed oils burning everywhere, the gentle music in the corridors, the honeymoon decoration in the villa, fresh juice on arrival, everyone calling you by your name etc. The check in was fast and easy.

My wife was amazed at the genuine smile that the staff of the hotel always had and like in true Balinese style hospitality, people went out of the way to make our stay a memorable one. The pool in the villa was clean the the housekeeping did their job very well.

I have stayed in many 5 star hotels in various parts of the world but the level of service that the Seiryu has to offer does exceed most; it is great value for money. It is advisable to approach the management directly to get good offers. The food is nice, though not the best but then the location of the Seiryu is so appropriate that it is easy to walk to any of the nice restaurants or bars.

Thank you Seiryu and Sukanada for making my honeymoon a memorable one. I would definitely recommend Seiryu to everyone and would love to go back.

Reviewed 18 May 2009

We stayed at the villas for 8 fab nights at the end of April-May. We were looking for a private villa to relax in but also wanted to be able to walk around the Bali area- Seiryu definitely met all of this.
From the minute we were picked up from the airport to the time we left all our needs were met. The staff were great and our experience was memorable.
Seiryu is a relaxing place to stay- everything available at villa and shopping & restaurants are all within walking distances.
The villa & pool were impeccably maintained & 10 out of 10 for cleanliness.
Thanks Seiryu - we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Me and my partner only managed to stay at this beautiful place for only a night as we spent the other nights in Ubud. The design is simplistic and contemporary. You get the sense of space. If you want peace and quiet, this is definitely the place. Sometimes, it feels too quiet! I would have liked the place to be more decorated, adding more touches of coziness. However, for the price we paid...it was deifinitely a steal! I love the jacuzzi tub, the separate shower and toilet...and you can leap into the pool via the toilet door! The sofa was also huge and comfy! And if you love LCD TVs, there are 2, one 42 inch one at the living room and a 32 inch one in the bedroom! I am not so keen on the room though, like i mentioned above...too spacey. However, this is a japanese contemporary themed room, hence I can't expect it to be any different.
The location, although far from the 'main' area, it is pretty good! Taxis are cheap and trust me you don't want to stay at the main 'one way streets' of Bali! It is nosiy with car honks and dusty from the congested roads! Trust me, the Bali people love their honks! Plus, if you stay at these hotels located at the main areas, it will take you a long time to get out of that street due to the heavy traffic. Have your dinner at Chandi! A street behind Jln Drupadi where Seriyu is located. The crabmeat dumplings are to die for! I can't say much for their service though.
Yes, they do have DVDs, but I have a comment on their selection though. I wanted to borrow The Wedding Singer, but they were out, instead this girl recommended me this show call XXY! The show although good, but it was not something I wanted to watch during my romantic stay at this Villa. It totally drained the mood for both me and my partner. We were left disturbed. I guess we could have stopped the show halfway and choose another...but i guess that was what happened.
Breakfast was abundant although they do not have their own restaurant. In fact doesn't have much, thus, it is either your villa or you have to be out there in Bali.
In short, stay at this place if you get a good rate. Email directly to the hotel. I enjoyed my stay here and will definitely come back!

Reviewed 6 May 2009

This place was amazing, I have stayed in 5 star hotels around the world and this is at the top of the list. Our villa was beautiful, we couldn't believe how perfect everything was with the utmost attention to detail. The in villa pool was so lovely to come home to and the bathroom was amazing with a huge jacuzzi bathtub. We did get a special last minute rate by liaising with the manager, which included taxes, breakfast and airport transfers. ($150 US). The staff are really wonderful and can't do enough to help you. In terms of location, it is about a 5 minute walk to the beach where you can rent sun loungers and an umbrella for about $3 US per day. The shopping is nice in Seminyak and it is about another 5 minutes walk to the main shopping street. There are some really great restaurants around (we loved La Sal, thought Gado Gado was a bit overrated though). The only drawback to Bali is that people are constantly trying to rip you off, always check the change you receive back and your bills. We were mistakenly billed for another night by the Seriyu so be sure to check your hotel bill as well. Aside from that everything was really perfect. There is also free wireless internet in all of the rooms and dvds which you can have a lend of from the front desk. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple