After booking via Agoda and seeing some good reviews, checking the location on maps, and looking at lovely photos, I couldn't quite believe it when we walked through the door to our 'resort'. No bar or restaurant - just room service and we could eat on our terrance, a very small place - we knew it had 11 rooms or so but we thought they were a collection of villas, not just one building around a small courtyard. For 11 rooms there were just 4 sun loungers around a tiny pool that looks likes it been cut in half! Out went my day dreams of sitting by the pool, swimming, and ordering food and drink from the bar - thank god for Potato Head Beach Club!
The staff were friendly but not knowledgeable, I had to correct several ordering and pricing mistakes from them - based on their own menu! i.e. ordered Shiraz and a capoiroska and got two glasses of Rose. I went to question this and they showed me the lovely bag of rose they had poured our wine from from the fridge! We managed to track down the Shiraz (awful by the way) eventually.
Breakfast was included - all of two choices! got very boring after day two so we ate elsewhere. The cafetieres used for the morning coffee don't work - all our coffee was gritty - and its the usual crappy white sweet bread you find in every bog-standard Asian middle range hotel.
Seminyak is bigger then you think, the road is awful, so getting around is difficult. From this place everything is at least a 10 minute walk. I recommend sucking up the cash and paying for a resort on the beach front and looking for deals instead, this way you can avoid the awful roads.
Our rooms were nice enough and the TV was good - no tea or coffee in the rooms. The bathroom was large and bed comfortable (but shower often cold in the evening).Good storage for our luggage. The resort was very clean and the gardens lush.
We thought that there was beginner tango on the Monday night as per their website but when we arrived we found that it is actually Wednesdays and Fridays (we stayed Sat-Wed so no Tango for us).
Privacy is an issue - its a small place with one whole wall being your doors & windows. With the curtains open everyone can see in, but when you close the curtains the room is dark! The day curtains were attached to the night curtains which was rather silly.
Finally, from the website its as if the spa is their spa - its not and its a good 15-20 mins walk away. You just get a 10% discount. The Private Wellness Spa was lovely and they will travel to any resort within 10 minutes (scooter) of their spa to offer in-room services.
Overall I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I know because I don't think that they would be happy with it and I wouldn't stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Artista, your home away from home. Enjoy exclusive Bali vacation in an outstanding ambiance, specially designed for singles and couples. Come and enjoy refreshing Bali holidays, combined with sophisticated entertainment. Experience a new exciting world when you come to Bali as our boutique style Bali residence opens its doors to people who are in passion. In passion with the arts, with Tango, this is what Casa Artista will cater to visitors with a discerning taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Artista Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Artista Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Casa Artista Bali Seminyak