Let me start in a positive attitude by saying that the reception staff are all extremely kind and charming to the extreme (I recall specifically the villa manager Kariana was incredibly helpful. We stayed in a 2bedroom Kanishka Villa in Bali during mid-July, unfortunately tainting our experience of our first time visit to the beautiful island.
While the setup of the villa is spacious and (for lack of a more appropriate word) tropical - meaning the entire sitting area is open-air with a jungle growing on top of you - the 'acting' general manager of the hotel was appallingly rude. This seems to be a common opinion among those who have crossed her path.
The carpeting, bedding, upholstery, tables chairs, towels are a few years old, and the years have taken their toll on them. The in-villa pool has a charming waterfall (which you can turn off if you don't like sleeping to the sound of Niagra Falls), however due to the jungle growing adjacent and directly on top of the pool, a multitude of stray leaves make their way into the water. Which means that the in-villa pool ends up resembling more of a dirty pond if you don't request its cleaning several times a day.
The bathrooms are spectacular although the water pressure could be a little stronger, and breakfast does get delivered to your villa dining table if you request it, which guests will enjoy if they get to it before the island insects discover there is a free feast laid out for the taking.
Despite all the above the stay was comfortable and we were content, however watch out for the mosquitos as they are on a mission to make you look like you have a case of the hives after about an hour of chilling outdoors.
Most disconcerting was the attitude of the 'acting' general manager, who handled our request for early checkout in the most unpleasant of manners, both insulting us by telephone and unabashedly trashing her training in any school of customer service that could possibly exist. But that story is for a different site.
Next on the list was the unfortunate construction noise coming from 3 feet away from our door, where new villas were being either constructed or renovated and the construction workers were particularly rowdy with both their voices and their machines. So we were witness to a dramatic rendition of an Indonesian radio drama series from 7am in the morning onwards.
Ultimately, the villa is spacious, located on a nice street that goes on and on and on and is host to great cafe/restaurants while being a few minutes away from one of the nicest streets in Seminyak called Oberoi street. And yes the Oberoi hotel is on that street, hence the name.
I'd recommend a stay here if you are on budget and have a big family since the dining room seats 6 and the living room up to 8.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kanishka Villas comprises 27 private luxury villas located in the heart of Seminyak, Bali's most popular tourism enclave. With 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom villas with their own private swimming pools, and 1-bedroom Jacuzzi Suites, honeymooners, couples and families are all welcome at Kanishka. Located down a quiet lane off Jalan Kunti, the villas and suites have immediate access to a wide range of restaurants, bars, boutique shops, spas, and the beach is within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kanishka Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kanishka Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Kanishka Villas Bali/Seminyak