“A great trip for a solo female - I felt like a goddess”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #14 of 426 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I just got back from the Bali Goddess Retreat last week. I traveled one week before the surf goddess retreats commenced so the set-up is different with Bali Goddess Retreats. Here is a lengthy summary of what happened during the week.

Daily - did yoga twice per day (60 mins in the morning and 90 mins in the evening) and had Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (with the exception of dinner two nights since they were free evenings).

Bliss Days - we had 3 bliss days included in the package (there are 10 options to choose from), I chose a surf lesson, cycling through rice fields, and a Balinese cooking class. Surfing was awesome, but very tiring after 2 hours. Cycling was a lot of fun as we first went through a coffee plantation, tried different teas and coffees, had a chance to shop, had post breakfast overlooking Mount Batur and finished off with a downhill bike ride and lunch. The cooking class was very educational and we ended up with so much tasty food we couldn't even finish! If you didn't want to do one of the activities, you could replace it with a day of pampering which I heard from my fellow goddess' was awesome!

Staff - Michelle, Diwita and Wid were amazing. Any question we had, they answered promptly and with a smile. The provided us with awesome recommendations of where to go for dinner, to hang out, to shop, and even recommended an Osteopath and healer! I was very impressed with their professionalism and friendliness. The cooks were out of this world. They were so sweet, professional and hardworking. To be honest, the food at the retreat was better than any of the meals I had at various restaurants during my stay. The spa staff was also very nice, pleasant and made me feel very comfortable.

Room - I stayed in the Serenity room. It was private, clean, and peaceful. Sleeping under the mosquito netting made me feel like a princess. The intention cards I received on my bed nightly were such a great way to end off the day, and the cookie jar...yes that cookie jar everyone has read about (they are delicious!). The rain shower in the over sized bathroom was amazing.

Goddess' - I met 5 other exceptional women while travelling to the retreat. We all shared our stories and why we came to Bali. Within a couple days, we were facebooking, instagramming and exchanging information like we have been friends for years. I recommend if you travel here solo or with friends, be open to meeting new people and be honest. You never know the kind of people you will meet and how they may change your views on your own life.

Overall, if you are looking for a place to get away, learn a bit more about yourself, meet new friends and get pampered, this place is for you. I definitely would come back again but try the surfing retreat as I really enjoyed it. Thanks again to everyone at Bali Goddess Retreats for making my trip so memorable, and to all the women (you know who you are) who made the week that much better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Shameenm83
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Shameen,

What a lovely detailed review! On behalf of the whole Goddess Team thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share them with your fellow Goddesses!

We make it our priority to introduce Bali to our guests in a best possible way to ensure that you leave with amazing memories and fantastic new friends.

It truly is our pleasure to look after such amazing women from all over the globe and we are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the retreat, from the food to the yoga, activities and of course the "magically refilling cookie jar"!

Please be sure to check back in with us in the future as we continue to add more exciting offerings to our retreats and expand to more exotic locations around the world!

I hope it's starting to warm up back in Canada!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I thought everything was very clean, comfy and modern which really confirms previous positive reviews. The coffee was great, showers nice and warm, and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I’m heading home with my new found skills in the water. You made it all so great and I wanted to thank you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Nikki,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really enjoyed having you on our retreat and are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first solo adventure!

For more than 10 years now we have been listening to our guest's feedback, and this has helped us to grow and evolve to be recognized one of the world's most highly regarded surf & yoga retreat for women in the world!

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic trip. People were so kind. Had a great time and if you haven't been then go and met some amazing people while I was away. Can't wait for us all to meet up again in such amazing surrounds too. The place is really outstanding and I can't say it enough

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mandy,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation with us at Surf Goddess Retreats!

We are so thrilled that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and we really look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Until then - take care!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had to write and say a massive thank you to everyone for my amazing trip to Surf Goddess. I travelled the long haul from the UK via a few other places and was a bit sceptical about going to Bali but what a highlight it actually was. Everyone was amazing & really made me feel great. I loved the tropical feel of the place, loved trying new food, loved the accommodation, trying surfing & spas & just everything. Everything about this place makes you never want to leave & I wanted to write and say thank you so much. I have bored my friends to death and now I am now saving up for my next trip over. See you in 2016 if not before. Cheers, Jill

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jill,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was our pleasure to guide you through your first (and hopefully not last) Surf Trip to Bali!

We are very lucky to have such amazing, inspirational Goddesses from all over the world and it is fantastic to see everyone make new friends and continue these friendships long after the retreat.

We really hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I travelled to Surf Goddess with the hope of doing a bit better at surfing than my previous wipeouts.... and while i didnt come home a master of the surfboard I manage to stand up on a wave by the end of the first day and by the end of the week most of us were catching real waves! This blew my mind as I had been on other surf camps where I was lucky to get up so thankyou Melinda.
Michelle, Ali and Melinda make sure you feel like you are at home from the get go and the whole time i did not feel like i was just a number but a friend that they wanted to have a great time.
They even had me try Yoga ..... yeah ... soo thankful that Ali is such a patient instructor and really knows her stuff. I may even keep going with it at home.... what I liked the most i think about the surf goddess is the fact that each lady on the retreat could choose her own activities, especially on the Bliss day. It wasnt a strict timetable and the care and love that surrounds Surf goddess can be felt as soon as you step into the retreat. I also loved that our age ( i was the youngest this trip) didnt really factor into anything. after the initial greetings etc we just became friends having a great time.
i would really recommend going and just enjoying the lovely atmosphere and staff that is Surf goddess

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mischa D

Dear Mischa,

On behalf of the whole Surf Goddess Team thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share them with your fellow Goddesses!

It is truly our pleasure to meet such amazing women from all over the globe and we are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the retreat, from the food to the yoga and activities!

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I had the immense pleasure of enjoying a stay at the wonderful Surf Goddess. The staff made me feel at ease straight away and the room was exceptional! I could have stayed everyday in my room...read bed.... It was divine!
There was a great range of extras including massages,yoga, lazing by the pool and of course shopping that I could choose from daily on top of my surf lessons which I have to say was a hoot. Something to cross off my bucket list.
It was a very hard week waking up to a wonderful brunch then being driven to our surf guru and fabulous beach and then back to the resort for more downtime!
I look forward to making surf goddess my yearly pilgrimage.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sharin7
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Sharin,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and that you really took the time to unwind from your busy life.

We really do work hard to maintain our reputation as the best women's surf retreat in Bali and we are delighted that you recognized all of the different aspects that go into making our retreats so special!

Of course the most important part of our retreat is you, the Goddess, and we were so lucky to have met you.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I joined a friend on her surfing adventure to surf goddess in Bali. Id never heard of a place where you could go and learn to surf and stay with other women only! What a fantastic idea!! I'm not the most coordinated person in the world so having other 'amateurs' around me was very appealing.. no pressure to look competent :)
After a morning of mastering the waves ... well dismounting in style really.... we hit the shops with recommendations from the fabulous staff or eased my woes with a wonderful massage at the resort.
After a week of wonderful connections with other like minded women I returned home relaxed and with the knowledge that I needed to revisit for some more surf lessons :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ola,

Surf Goddess Retreats - 'Deputy Chief Mermaid in Charge'

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 426 in Seminyak
Amadea Resort & Villas
Amadea Resort & Villas
#33 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!