“Sad to say goodbye”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #14 of 423 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Well it is time to say goodbye and catch my flight home. I'm sad to be leaving after such a wonderful time with you all in Bali. I've truly had a blast and met people who I think I hope are now my friends. Love you all!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Goddess,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a comment. We are always sad to see our Goddesses go. But it fills us with joy that you made some good friends during your stay here!

We make it our priority to introduce Bali to our guests in a best possible way to ensure that you leave with amazing memories.

It truly is our pleasure to look after such amazing women from all over the globe.

Please be sure to check back in with us in the future as we continue to add more exciting offerings to our retreats and expand to more exotic locations around the world!

All the best!

Head Mermaid

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Based on a friends suggestion I signed up for this yoga, surf retreat not knowing anyone. My friend assured me I'd meet lovely ladies there. She couldn't have been more accurate about everything! The food is creative, healthy and outstanding! I tried many new fruits and Indonesian fare which was so fun and delicious. The table settings that were redone per meal were beautiful. The rooms and the retreat compound in general make you feel at home if you're used to living in a gorgeous villa. The entire staff is a complete pleasure. Fun, inspirational, professional, and they encourage you to kick your feet up and feel at home. The yoga was tough for me but a fantastic challenge. A great way to start each day. Surfing was a blast! I finally learned to get up and to turn just a bit. The Rip Curl teachers are easy to work with. All of us got up on boards our first day out! Overall I loved loved loved the experience and feel I met some excellent new friends. Treat yourself to being a goddess for a week. You will get addicted to it!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Goddess,

On behalf of the whole Surf Goddess Team thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share them with your fellow Goddesses!

It is truly our pleasure to meet such amazing women from all over the globe and we are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the retreat, from the food to the yoga and activities!

Well done for standing up on your board! We hope you will come back and see us all here again!

Chief Mermaid

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had the best time staying here, everything was accessible and the place was beautiful.
Staff were excellent, and we will be back for another stay. I will be informing all my family and friends of this amazing beautiful holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Goddess,
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation with us at Surf Goddess Retreats!

For more than 10 years now we have been listening to our guest's feedback, and this has helped us to grow and evolve to be recognized one of the world's most highly regarded surf & yoga retreat for women in the world!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The earlier reviews of Travel Advisor members for this property have been spot on. This place is a little gem tucked away in paradise. We were impressed with the design, the level of service, facilities provided and in the entire property. We went did something or went somewhere different every day. The only down-side was having to leave a truly memorable, restful and relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KathK585

Dear Kath,

We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to share what wonderful time they had with us and we are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience on your retreat!

We are thrilled to hear that Surf Goddess Retreats met your expectations with regards to service from the leaders, our delicious food, fun activities and of course surf school! We really put our heart and soul into every aspect of the retreat and to be recognised is a wonderful validation for us.

It was a joy welcoming you to our retreat and we really hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I just got back from the Bali Goddess Retreat last week. I traveled one week before the surf goddess retreats commenced so the set-up is different with Bali Goddess Retreats. Here is a lengthy summary of what happened during the week.

Daily - did yoga twice per day (60 mins in the morning and 90 mins in the evening) and had Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (with the exception of dinner two nights since they were free evenings).

Bliss Days - we had 3 bliss days included in the package (there are 10 options to choose from), I chose a surf lesson, cycling through rice fields, and a Balinese cooking class. Surfing was awesome, but very tiring after 2 hours. Cycling was a lot of fun as we first went through a coffee plantation, tried different teas and coffees, had a chance to shop, had post breakfast overlooking Mount Batur and finished off with a downhill bike ride and lunch. The cooking class was very educational and we ended up with so much tasty food we couldn't even finish! If you didn't want to do one of the activities, you could replace it with a day of pampering which I heard from my fellow goddess' was awesome!

Staff - Michelle, Diwita and Wid were amazing. Any question we had, they answered promptly and with a smile. The provided us with awesome recommendations of where to go for dinner, to hang out, to shop, and even recommended an Osteopath and healer! I was very impressed with their professionalism and friendliness. The cooks were out of this world. They were so sweet, professional and hardworking. To be honest, the food at the retreat was better than any of the meals I had at various restaurants during my stay. The spa staff was also very nice, pleasant and made me feel very comfortable.

Room - I stayed in the Serenity room. It was private, clean, and peaceful. Sleeping under the mosquito netting made me feel like a princess. The intention cards I received on my bed nightly were such a great way to end off the day, and the cookie jar...yes that cookie jar everyone has read about (they are delicious!). The rain shower in the over sized bathroom was amazing.

Goddess' - I met 5 other exceptional women while travelling to the retreat. We all shared our stories and why we came to Bali. Within a couple days, we were facebooking, instagramming and exchanging information like we have been friends for years. I recommend if you travel here solo or with friends, be open to meeting new people and be honest. You never know the kind of people you will meet and how they may change your views on your own life.

Overall, if you are looking for a place to get away, learn a bit more about yourself, meet new friends and get pampered, this place is for you. I definitely would come back again but try the surfing retreat as I really enjoyed it. Thanks again to everyone at Bali Goddess Retreats for making my trip so memorable, and to all the women (you know who you are) who made the week that much better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Shameenm83

Dear Shameen,

What a lovely detailed review! On behalf of the whole Goddess Team thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share them with your fellow Goddesses!

We make it our priority to introduce Bali to our guests in a best possible way to ensure that you leave with amazing memories and fantastic new friends.

It truly is our pleasure to look after such amazing women from all over the globe and we are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the retreat, from the food to the yoga, activities and of course the "magically refilling cookie jar"!

I hope it's starting to warm up back in Canada!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I thought everything was very clean, comfy and modern which really confirms previous positive reviews. The coffee was great, showers nice and warm, and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I’m heading home with my new found skills in the water. You made it all so great and I wanted to thank you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Nikki,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really enjoyed having you on our retreat and are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first solo adventure!

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic trip. People were so kind. Had a great time and if you haven't been then go and met some amazing people while I was away. Can't wait for us all to meet up again in such amazing surrounds too. The place is really outstanding and I can't say it enough

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mandy,

We are so thrilled that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and we really look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Until then - take care!

Surf Goddess Retreats - 'Deputy Chief Mermaid in Charge'

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
COMO Shambhala Estate
COMO Shambhala Estate
#3 of 10 in Payangan
Maya Ubud Resort & Spa

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!