“There literally are no words”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #15 of 415 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Salmiyah, Kuwait
“There literally are no words”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

To say I had the time of my life at Surf Goddess Retreats-Bali would be an understatement. Years ago, I had read about this retreat and didn't immediately sign-up for it despite it catching my interest. At the end of 2013, when I realized I would be turning 40 in May 2014, I decided to "treat" myself with the gift of celebrating me among the waves and sunshine of Bali. When I returned to the Surf Goddess website, I noticed they were having a retreat on my exact birthday! "That's it," I told myself, "You're registering right now, this very minute!" And, I did and it was worth every single penny, long flight, wipeout, and mosquito bite!

For me, the surfing and yoga were my complete joy throughout this journey. I also made some VERY great new girlfriends from other parts of the world. This retreat is a game-changer: you have the time to learn about yourself; challenge yourself to doing something daring by surfing in Bali; and at the same time, there's plenty of relaxation time to just pick up a magazine and zone out or swim in the pool. The staff: Melinda, Sally, Widya, Michelle, and the chefs, massage therapists, drivers to-and-from surf lessons, plus the phenomenal surf instructors, all make you feel soooo special, taken care of and like a complete goddess. We really felt cared for, respected, appreciated and loved. In my opinion, I really felt blessed to have such gracious staff who really made us feel like we were in our own home away from home.

If you've been contemplating participating this retreat, let the contemplation stop; it's time to sign-up, NOW. I promise you, you will have not one regret. The minute you step off the plane into Bali and witness that priceless Balinese smile as well as eat your first Balinese meal, you know you've made the right decision to celebrate you in an exotic, tropical island which truly is a Paradise. And, Surf Goddess will make it that much more complete by making you feel like you've landed in Heaven. Thanks Surf Goddess for making my 40th birthday so memorable. I can't wait to return for my next retreat and surf with you all again. Hugs from Kuwait.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Laurie,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation with us at Surf Goddess Retreats as much as we enjoyed having you here! It's was so great of you to take the time to write such a detailed review. I will pass all your comments onto the staff as they love to hear all the feedback.

You did so well in the water so really hoping that you can keep practicing, so next year when you come back you'll be in the riding the big waves!

For more than 10 years now we have been listening to our guest's feedback, and this has helped us to grow and evolve to be recognized one of the world's most highly regarded surf & yoga retreat for women in the world!

Please be sure to check back in with us in the future as we continue to add more exciting offerings to our retreats and expand to more exotic locations around the world!

Hope life is good in sunny Kuwait!

Sally

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Or in this case a ginger, lime and lemon refresher to revitalise me after my long-haul flight from the UK. And from that point onwards the stall was set for the most relaxing and rewarding holiday I could have wished for. Michelle and her team of inspirational ladies provide the utmost levels of pampering, service and genuine friendliness; the second you step across the threshold of Villa Serena, you truly get a sense of 'coming home'.
And the villa... Tucked away down a private lane, it is an oasis of serenity. Friendly staff will whip up a fresh fruit juice whilst you relax by the pool or brew a fresh pot of coffee if you need a cheeky caffeine fix. Indulge in a full body massage in the spa room, or even in your own villa room, at any time you choose. The general rule of thumb on a Goddess Retreat is - anything you need, someone will do their utmost to ensure you receive it.
The sunrise yoga sessions were incredible. With the heat of the day not yet at it's height and the gentle breezes fluttering through the gardens, I cannot imagine a better start to a day... And the incredible smells emanating from the kitchen as breakfast was prepared didn't hurt either!
Which brings me onto the cuisine. Healthy, nutritious and absolutely delicious. The food served on the retreat would not look out of place in a (very) high-end restaurant. Healthy Indonesian cuisine made with the freshest of ingredients, prepared by a team of Balinese ladies - each of them goddesses themselves with the genuine warmth and happiness which seems to be inherent to the people of this island. And yes, the food was healthy but also filling and satisfying - not once did I feel hungry, or pine for a burger and fries for that matter!
Sustenance was necessary to give us the requisite energy for our surf lessons! For all of the exceptional elements of the retreat, for me the surfing was the epitome. The team at the RipCurl Surf School working closely with Melinda - the retreat's surf leader - provided coaching and support that saw all of us standing on our boards by the end of the first day. This combined with much laughter and encouragement from the other goddesses on the retreat was such a highlight. Surfing gets under your skin and I cannot wait to get back out on a board and to challenge the ocean again!
I genuinely could continue and wax lyrical about the sensational product that Goddess Retreats has developed. This is a unique and special holiday that every girl should experience once in their life. Others may try to imitate, but there really only is one luxury Bali surf retreat, and it is this one. If you're thinking about reserving your place, my advice to you is to book! You won't regret it!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Goddess,

Thank you so much for such a fantastic and detailed review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation with us at Surf Goddess Retreats!

For more than 12 years now we have been listening to our guest's feedback, and this has helped us to grow and evolve to be recognized one of the world's most highly regarded surf & yoga retreat for women in the world!

We love to hear about peoples surfing stories so really hoped you got back into the water when you got home. Brilliant!

Warmest regards & stay in touch

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This retreat was an amazing break from all the hustle and bustle of Perth. I loved the yoga and as a beginner was well looked after. My friend who is quiet experienced loved it too.
I will definitely be back. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014
lightfootwanderer, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Goddess,

We would like to thank you for enjoying your holiday with us at Surf Goddess Retreats! Every guest opinion is valued and we can not begin to express how grateful we are to you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad you chose to join us as your retreat of choice in Bali.

As a beloved Surf Goddess Alumnae we offer you extra special savings and bonuses on any return visit to either Surf Goddess or Bali Goddess Retreats, please simply email us directly to find out details.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. hope the sun is shining for you in Perth!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have recently returned from my stay at Surf Goddess Retreats. Having never travelled alone I was very nervous to do so but having read all the great reviews I thought I would take a leap of faith and give it a go. From the moment I arrived at the airport I was welcomed with warmth. On arrival at the retreat all the staff came out to welcome me and served me the first of many refreshing drinks whilst I telling me all about what to expect from the week ahead.The overall feel on the retreat was one of total acceptance. All the other women were great fun and there was always laughter in the air.The yoga teacher Widia was fantastic. Kind, patient and great fun. Whether you were a beginner or professional you were catered for in the daily yoga classes. The surf teacher Melinda was brilliant. I couldn't believe how far we all came in a week.The food was divine! Every meal eaten as a group around a huge table and every meal presented with such care and attention to detail. If you want to try something different and are worried about doing it alone. Don't be! I would recommend this retreat to anyone. I hope to be back again next year!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Goddess,

Thanks so much for the great review. So glad you took the leap of faith to come and do a retreat with us and that you got so much from your experience.

We pride ourselves on the fantastic food here at Surf Goddess Retreats so our lovely chefs will be thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed it during your stay.

Keep up the surfing!

Warmest regards and stay in touch.

Sally
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I always wanted to go Bali and I am so glad I chose this vacation! It was the most amazing introduction to Asia and the island. My friends and I had a long journey to get ther but it was all worth it. Dewitt and Michelle showed us parts of Bali we never would have seen if we have travelled by ourselves and everything we needed was either at our finger tips at the villa - gourmet melas, spa treatments, private yoga classes, tarot readers, rekei masters...or we were delivered to it - super surf lessons, bike tours, cooking classes. It was so easy and so fun and the group of ladies we spent the week with were inspirational. Thanks to all for making our trip so special x

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Marriane,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are all thrilled that you had such a good time here with us!

We are very lucky to have such amazing, inspirational Goddesses from all over the world and it is fantastic to see everyone make new friends and continue these friendships long after the retreat.

We really hope to see you again!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have had a busy year and wanted some time to relax and unwind and at the same time have some fun meeting new people and getting a fresh perspective on my life . Surf goddess gave it all and more. The villa is delightful, the food delicious, the team were so friendly, experienced and helpful. The yoga and surf lessons were very professionally run with fantastic instructors and the spa treatments were amazing and perfectly paced so that we could book them when we chose throughout the week. It was a fantastic combination that worked together seamlessly. I couldn't think of a more perfect trip for a woman travelling solo. Just go, you will be glad you did!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Gina,

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Warmest Regards

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Well it is time to say goodbye and catch my flight home. I'm sad to be leaving after such a wonderful time with you all in Bali. I've truly had a blast and met people who I think I hope are now my friends. Love you all!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Goddess,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a comment. We are always sad to see our Goddesses go. But it fills us with joy that you made some good friends during your stay here!

We make it our priority to introduce Bali to our guests in a best possible way to ensure that you leave with amazing memories.

It truly is our pleasure to look after such amazing women from all over the globe.

All the best!

Head Mermaid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Fivelements Bali Retreat
#3 of 9 in Payangan
Om Ham Retreat Centre
Om Ham Retreat Centre
#47 of 538 in Ubud

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!