“Trip of a lifetime... exercise, great food, interesting people - what more could you ask for?”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #14 of 421 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 5 August 2009

This trip exceeded my expectations on all accounts. Traveling 22 hours to Bali isn't easy, but to be a surf goddess again, I would go over and over. I traveled with my sister on this retreat, and it was such a great experience. The villa is a quaint, beautiful setting for a retreat (and i have never even been on a retreat before). We shared a room, which had an awesome shower, but the villa is basically just some place to call home while you surf, practice yoga, and experience the amazing place that is Bali. As a beginner surfer, I felt the surfing instruction was superb, and I got up on the first day. I took yoga a few times and even though I don't practice at home, I really enjoyed it. And the meals at the villa were excellent, both the meat and vegetarian dishes. The group of women in our retreat week just clicked and I feel that we all shared something so truly special, and we will all be friends for a long time. Some of us are even going surfing elsewhere around the world. Surf Goddess Retreats was the best trip I've taken and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009
7  Thank Dobby11
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

We would like to thank you for enjoying your holiday with us at Surf Goddess Retreats! Every guest opinion is valued and we can not begin to express how grateful we are to you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad you chose to join us as your retreat of choice in Bali.

As a beloved Surf Goddess Alumnae we offer you extra special savings and bonuses on any return visit to either Surf Goddess or Bali Goddess Retreats, please simply email us directly to find out details.

There are newer reviews for Goddess Retreats

Reviewed 3 August 2009

I first learned of Surf Goddess Retreats through a colleague – her goal was a vacation where she could learn something new, I mentioned to her I had a gift certificate to a women’s surf camp in San Diego, she trumped that idea letting me know about this retreat in Bali. So, off we went and I spent my 43rd birthday with two girlfriends learning how to surf. My most memorable birthday celebration to date.

This was truly the MOST MAGICALLY vacation/experience I have ever encountered. It was the best of everything … A private villa with luxurious oversized rooms, daily yoga (the only way to start a day), incredible meals prepared with Bali Love, and surf lessons taught by local Balinese guys at Rip Curl … Truly those guys deserve an award for life lessons – who knew learning to surf was code for life lessons (“look ahead”, “you’re overthinking” the very same lessons that show up at work and in life every day were taught here in the water). Our hostess Chelsea wrote the book on personalized, attentive, hospitality. She also made sure we had time to explore some of the local flavor and this town has it all – whether shops, restaurants, spas or nightlife, Bali has it all and Chelsea helped us design the perfect experience based on our every desire. And who knew Bali provided such great VALUE … While yoga, surf, daily breakfast and a few dinners were included (as was an incredible spa experience) … the local restaurants provided an assortment of delicious cuisine … all at incredible prices (I don’t think I spent more than $10 on a meal) … and to talk value, I also have to disclose I indulged in a daily massage – how could I pass up true bliss for just $15/hour? Truly the best value of any trip I’ve been on.

The part I didn’t expect, the 14 other new friends made during our week at the retreat – Remarkable women from all over the world. Many solo travelers (these women gave me the confidence that I could just show up the next time solo if I couldn’t coordinate a trip with friends). These are lasting friendships – facilitated by Chelsea and her team at the retreat.

When I came home, friends and colleagues were intrigued with my experience as they said “I never before looked as happy and well rested” … Thank you Chelsea … I’ll be back … and hopefully soon! Magically, truly magical!

7  Thank JAZ1London

Reviewed 31 July 2009

I can't THANK Chelsey & her team of Goddesses enough for one of the BEST holidays I've ever experienced. I was truelly BLESSED also to meet 15 of the most amazing women from around the world. It was a retreat focussed on nurturing & re-igniting the goddess flame in us all,whether through yoga, surf, excellant food or ALL. I can honestly say that my GODDESS FLAME has been re-ignited & burning brightly, I nearly lost it with modern day stresses, THANKS to ALL these truelly amazing & inspirational woman I met at 'The Surf Goddess Retreat!' PS: I stayed in the private villa,OMG I was a queen for a week, worth every cent extra, total indulgence peace & quiet & your own pool !!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
8  Thank fashionsonia

Reviewed 31 July 2009

I went on the Surf Goddess Retreat in April and I just had the most wonderful time. Bali is a really magical place and Chelsea, the owner, and her staff do anything and everything to make sure that you have a fantastic vacation here.

I decided to sign up because I had always wanted to learn to surf and was travelling alone so I wanted a group environment. I looked at similar retreats in Mexico and Costa Rica but Surf Goddess was considerably cheaper because they offered shared accommodation with shared bathrooms. I was a little hesitant to share at first but I shouldn’t have been. These are no dormitory style rooms. It’s more like sharing a big luxurious villa with 15 of your best friends. The space is incredibly tranquil, and with lots of little secluded areas there are plenty of places to chill out when you need a little quiet time. Food is fabulous and hand prepared by your own personal chef. It’s not full board, dinners are provided on 2 or 3 evenings but this gives you the freedom and flexibility to explore a bit more. Help and recommendations are always available. Chelsea even helped us to organise a magical evening at Jimbaran Bay, booking the transport for us and recommending a restaurant that served the best seafood I have ever eaten. I met some wonderful women and we are meeting up in January for a reunion trip to Costa Rica.

The surf tuition is great for beginners, although occasionally we could have used one or two more instructors to help us overcome the nerves! For more experienced surfers, the surf school takes you out to more challenging breaks to help you build confidence and improve your skills. I enjoyed the yoga just as much as the surfing and, even though I’ve practiced for many years, I learned lots of new things and appreciated that the practice was designed for everyone, including those who had never taken a class before.

There are many things that Surf Goddess is not. It’s not the cheapest way to learn to surf in Bali. It’s not the most challenging yoga retreat you’ll ever go on. It’s not a hotel right on the beach. But it is like spending the best holiday of your life with a group of your best girlfriends, the most inspiring people you know…only you haven’t met them yet. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
6  Thank ZenNic

Reviewed 31 July 2009

Im not sure if I am going to be able to convey in this small box how utterly fantastic this experience was - not a vacation, not a surf-camp per say, but a beutiful, life changing experience worth every penny. I signed up because the website spoke to me - go to Bali? learn to surf? spa treatments? yoga? - perfect! Chelsea and the ladies that run this fantastic experience - have it down perfect - the accomodations are great , clean, well kept and like a private oasis really - the food was OUTSTANDING!!!!, surfing was just great - the guys at Rip Curl are so much fun and the morning yoga got me started on a whole new passion....there's plenty of down time for surfing, massages (oh yes!! i got one almost every day for $15/hour), sunning, surfing, and SHOPPING! I was a little wary of 10 days with women but the amazing goddesses on my trip were some of the most inspiring women i've ever met and we're already planning a reunion. It's not a "hard core" boot camp or anything like that - it was well, perfect. I wouldn't change a thing and honestly did not want to leave! Thank you ladies - I'll def. be back...Bali is really a magical place, the people and the culture and this trip really allowed me to experience Bali - all of it - and have a great time too! Villas are in walking distance to shopping, beach and bars/restaurants and the crazy town of Kuta is jsut a VERY CHEAP cab ride away...for those looking to dance the night away at Bounty (LOL)...god i could go on and on but for anyone looking to learn to surf, do some yoga, get a massage or 300 and most importantly find that inner goddess in you that gets lost in the day to day BS of life - i'd say book now!! You will not be sorry!!!

6  Thank nikki3773

Reviewed 31 July 2009

By far one of the best places and experience of my lifetime. Such a great experience, I had to go back a second time ;) Met so may great women, from all over, it was interesting to hear everyone's story. Was a novice when I went the first time, but was surprised how quickly I improved, as the week passed. It was great that they made sure to accommodate my needs as a surfer and my skill level. It was also a nice challenge to charge the waves, with other "novices". Made me feel a lot more courageous to get out in the bigger waves. We not only learned from the instructors, but we learned from each other and cheered each other on as we popped up on the waves. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I was staying an extra week in Bali and they were able to give me many suggestions on what to do and where to stay. Being a solo traveler, not once did I feel like I was alone. And the food! Oh the food! To think that I ate so much and actually lost some weight while I was there! Now I call that my kind of vacation! ;) Just remember that Bali is still a developing country. Surf Goddess Retreats provided a #1 experience, but if you think you're going to have all the mod cons and comforts of home, I say stay home. Traveling to far away places comes with adventure...and that's what makes it so great! Travel with an open mind and you'll be pleasantly surprised! Happy Traveling! :D

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
4  Thank alaskadog1

Reviewed 30 July 2009

5  Thank kelseye25

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
Maya Ubud Resort & Spa
COMO Shambhala Estate
COMO Shambhala Estate
#3 of 10 in Payangan

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!