We checked into The Haven after spending a week and half elsewhere in Northern Bali and Nusa Lembongan. Upon checking in, the staff member apologized for the construction that I had not noticed (and never did), and advised us he had upgraded our room as a result.
We had booked a Standard room, and were upgraded to a suite. Lovely. Fantastic living room complete with TV/Stereo (DVD upon request), full kitchen and fullsized fridge/freezer. The bathroom featured a tub/shower combo with good water pressure (hot water takes a while to get going, but once going is endless), huge mirror/counter, and lots of storage. The bedroom was lovely. Huge king sized bed, tv, sliding doors to the deck, and clean, comfortable linens. The deck ran the considerable length of the suite, complete with sitting area on one end and a day bed on the other. Our room (403) looked over the pool and retaurant. They also provided turndown service, which was unique in the 8 hotels we stayed at in Bali.
The hotel was almost empty, which probably contributed to the upgrade, but once word gets out it will not be. Great location right on the shopping street, and a 15-20k ride to Kuta (1.50-2 dollars). Fantastic restraurant (try the lasagna at Lemon Cello... one of the best I've ever had). The breakfast (included) was a buffet and the food quality was better than any other a la carte breaky I had elsewhere. The grounds are beautiful and tranquil. Two pools, lots of loungers, and plenty of pool staff (including a bar).
The staff were exceptionaly friendly and helpful. Nothing I asked for was refused or created a hassle.
It is difficult to achieve Western standards in Bali, but The Haven managed to do this. All hotels there should model their service and accomodations after The Haven.
Exceptional in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Haven, a resort that brings a natural elegance into one of Bali's most animated areas. With its sophisticated contemporary design, The Haven sits befittingly alongside the chic shopping strips and eclectic mixture of urban dining and party venues of Seminyak. Being only a short distance from the ever-famous Seminyak Beach as well, where we have our very own exclusive Beach Club, this resort is made for the modern traveller coming to Bali, the Island of the Gods. Surrounded by verdant landscaped grounds and two refreshing swimming pools to choose from, that tropical holiday feeling is with you throughout your stay. With 3 complexes of accommodation, our hotel, suites or villas, complete with modern amenities and designer furnishings, there is something for everyone at The Haven Seminyak. This urbane refuge is also home to the alluring Atma Spa, two vibrant international restaurants, a hospitable departure lounge, meeting facilities, a fitness centre and numerous guest activities and facilities. The Haven Seminyak is exactly what it says it is: your exclusive refuge in the very core of Bali's most happening area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Haven Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Haven Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- The Haven Seminyak Hotel And Suites
- The Haven Hotel Seminyak
- The Haven Bali Seminyak