We stayed 5 nights at the Haven and was given a room at the rear side of the hotel but alas, the noise at the bar is still audible. To make things worse, there's this constant crowing of the rooster nearby.. even at 2am! Its very difficult to have a good sleep. After staying for 3 nights, we decided to pay more to upgrade to a suite, which is a quieter area.
The experience did not get better as there was miscommunication or maybe a breakdown in the hotel process that made our shift to the suite an unpleasant one. Firstly, we receive a call at 10am informing us that our suite is now vacant and they are preparing the room for us. In the meantime, we should pack our bags and get ready to check in at 3pm. At 2pm, someone from the hotel knocked at our door and said that maybe we should pack our bags and placed them with the reception, i.e. to check out our current room first while waiting for the suite to be ready at 3pm. We did and arrived at the reception with our bags. The receptions were surprised by our action and said that our suite can only be ready at 4pm!! Hey come on, if the suite is not ready, why ask us to check out in the first place and left us wandering at the hotel without a proper room? Are we not paying for the Haven room or Suite. And shouldn't the room be ready by 3pm, which is the proper check-in time indicated in the website?
After checking in to the suite at 4pm, to our horror, our aircon is not working. It was terribly hot. The technician came promptly but till 8pm, was still not able to fix it. We were offered a change a room by the staff but was told to wait for a call from them as they are not sure if the room is ready. At that time, we were wondering why the alternative room was not prepared as a standby when the complain was filed at 4pm. At 915pm, we were ushered to a new room and everything works fine. From 3pm - 9 plus pm, we are losing the opportunity to enjoy the suite which we had paid extra for and these have caused much anxiety for us, who do not know what can happen next. It totally spoil our holiday.
The only positive for the hotel is its breakfast which have a good selection and is delicious. Its staffs, except for the breakdown in communication among departments, are also courteous and never fail to greet you when you walk pass. They are also honest. I had left my phone in the Haven Room and they had helped to retrieve it. Thank you for this. The hotel is also located in a good area with lots of shops around.
Overall, I would not recommend staying in this hotel if the sound proofing of the room and its hotel processes/communications among departments does not improve. Its rooms are also pretty dated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Haven, a resort that brings a natural elegance into one of Bali's most animated areas. With its sophisticated contemporary design, The Haven sits befittingly alongside the chic shopping strips and eclectic mixture of urban dining and party venues of Seminyak. Being only a short distance from the ever-famous Seminyak Beach as well, where we have our very own exclusive Beach Club, this resort is made for the modern traveller coming to Bali, the Island of the Gods. Surrounded by verdant landscaped grounds and two refreshing swimming pools to choose from, that tropical holiday feeling is with you throughout your stay. With 3 complexes of accommodation, our hotel, suites or villas, complete with modern amenities and designer furnishings, there is something for everyone at The Haven Seminyak. This urbane refuge is also home to the alluring Atma Spa, two vibrant international restaurants, a hospitable departure lounge, meeting facilities, a fitness centre and numerous guest activities and facilities. The Haven Seminyak is exactly what it says it is: your exclusive refuge in the very core of Bali's most happening area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Haven Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Haven Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- The Haven Seminyak Hotel And Suites
- The Haven Hotel Seminyak
- The Haven Bali Seminyak