The Haven Bali
US$714
US$534
US$422
US$375
Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$47
Agoda.com
Hotel Vila Lumbung(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$72
US$599
US$366
TripAdvisor
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$235
Amadea Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$77
Agoda.com
U Paasha Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$134
US$243
TripAdvisor
1,998 results
All reviewshaven roomsabeen restaurantbedroom suitebeach clubbintang supermarketstandard roombuffet breakfastan upgradeground floorday bedclose to shopspool sidenice poolthe main streetthe hustle and bustleseminyak areapools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Had the middle eastern pizza and the tandoori shrimp with mango salad. The middle eastern pizza was essentially flat bread with a poor quality bolognese sauce, shrimp tasted good but expensive for 5 peices. They provided bread with balsamic and olive oil to start but only brought one hamburger bun when there were two people. The buns were not fresh. I would not recommend this place to eat at but cannot speak for the hotel. Ate at a restaurant just down the street for literally a quarter of the price and food was substantially better.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

An average experience for a well located hotel. Poor overall service, door lock key cards constantly timed out or failed, room hygiene so so, mould in bathroom, one room had a wlk in shower, the other a huge bath tub to climb in, overnight food left in kitchen, reception operator often could not understand basic English, we booked a two bedroom suite, one had a DVD player the other did not! No replacement available. Air conditioning could be better, either old unit or requires servicing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear FKMondon,
Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!
We acknowledged all the concerns and certainly will use this to guide us in reaching the target in delivering better services to our valued customers. I had shared all of your concern to all related Department Head and a constructive action is currently implemented to ensure occurrence of the same problem will not be happening to our future guests.
Warmest Regards from Bali

The Management

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at the Haven on the 15th of September; booked via agoda on strong recommendation from friends. On check in I had asked for a late checkout the following day (till 6pm) which was going to cost more than my original booking.
The room was pretty terrible. We had to have twin beds as no other beds were available despite the fact that many other people checked in later than us, the shower flooded the room first, which took two phone calls to reception and a visit to reception to try to get fixed. Then the shower was dripping so we had to get someone back again who left wet muddy footprints on the floor, which again had to be dealt with separately. The bathroom was generally not terrible clean. We were jammed in like sardines at breakfast, the food was nice but there were no plates on offer so i had my breakfast out of a bowl. I couldn't get a cup of coffee for love nor money. To their credit, they were very nice when my partner was sick and called the doctor for us.
After much wrangling I got comped the late checkout (till 5:30) which was nice. To add insult to injury they started water blasting an outdoor sculpture right outside our window at 9 am which went on for most of the day meaning we couldnt even have the balcony door open because of the spray and the noise. Even without the comped late checkout this meant we couldn't use our balcony all morning.
When i went to check out the staff firstly insisted on a room check before I could leave. I have never encountered this before. Then they insisted that I sign a document stating that I has received the late checkout as compensation for the inconveniences we endured and that I would not contact Agoda or any other media in relation to my experience. I said that it was disgraceful which was met by the usual blend of politeness with no actual response. I was prepared to let the whole thing slide until they asked me to sign this document which I feel is wrong in its entirety. It seemed pretty routine to them so I am sure it is happening more than occasionally.
Personally I will never be darkening their door again; that was the last night in Bali, we stayed in 4 different places and the Haven was the most expensive and the most unpleasant. THere are plenty of fine hotels in Bali: Seminyak, there is no reason to endure the Haven.

Room Tip: They seem to coerce people against posting bad reviews so beware of the reviews of this hotel overall. If you book via a separate site, call the hotel to confirm the room type and the bedding arrangements and get a name of the person you are talking to. Stay off the ground and first floors if possible. The suites down the back of the hotel are much nicer apparently.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul O
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Second time staying in the hotel that is located in the heart of Seminyak.
My first time was last year in their deluxe room in the front wing.
That time I am not impressed with the room and saw the Villa was great.

This time, Me and my partner try to get the villa and it was fully booked.
The hotel ensure us that The Suites are the same design with The Villa. Just without private pool.
When we checked in, the room was totally different.
It was a big room with no snacks on mini bar, the room was just in front of the dining area with staff talking with each other in the evening and gardener fixed the plants in the morning.
Our hot water is broken and we have to wait a few hours to get it fixed.
The internet is not working for the wifi to make it worst because 3G connection is hopeless.

One night in this nicely design hotel is just an average experience for us.

Room Tip: Get the room that is far from the front side lobby
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Timjahja,
Thank you for taking the time to write and shared your experience during your stay recently. We truly value all the constructive feedback which you had kindly shared to us for our improvement. We have improved the wifi connection so all rooms can get reliable signal. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon
Warmest Regards from Bali
The Management

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have just spent 3 nights at The Haven Hotel. Loved it!

No 1. The best thing about The Haven was the exemplary service! The staff were delightful! Nothing was too much trouble. Many little special things made my stay perfect.
- I requested wine glasses and ice to the room, it was there in minutes (and complimentary).
- They upgraded me to a deluxe room as I booked online requesting a king bed and then on arrival they accommodated my request to move to a room with a bath.
- The house keeping surprised me by making up my room late in the afternoon whilst I spent a few hours done by the pool and had been sleeping during the day when they came earlier. Usually you miss your chance and accept it.
- I left a brochure for a friend at reception and the put it an envelope and slipped it under their door.
- I had a phone message left for me and this was typed, printed and provided to me.

No 2. The food, wine, attentive service and quality bands assured I was very satisfied for many hours in the Sabeen Restaurant with the pleasure looking out over Jalan Seminyak.

No 3. I had an excellent experience in the spa... pure luxury.

No 4. Good location, whilst not on the beach, it's only a 5 min walk.

No 5. Lovely breakfasts

Got a great deal booking through their website.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front Jalan Seminyak side of hotel on 4th floor. I enjoyed that the balcony over looked the pool and water feature and I could sit on my balcony and still hear the band softly. Once I closed the balcony door the music didn't come into the room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo