Stayed 2 weeks at Haven Hotel in a Haven Room, in a wing straight over swimming pool. Here are the most important drawbacks that I have noticed:
- rooms in the wing I stayed face the hotel main entrance from the street linked with the reception that is linked with the restaurant and you are totally exposed to others sight all day long and until 11pm when they switch balcony lights off. Actually most of rooms of this hotel face the same direction.
- ALL balcony lights go off at 11pm everyday (like in prison or so). You are not able to switch your private balcony light off from your room, unless you smash the light globe with a hammer (I did not try though). It makes you even more exposed to others sight. I felt like a hamster in a cage when hundreds of people were looking at me everyday once sitting on my balcony.
- their beds are rock rock! rock!! hard, you better sleep on the floor, as it does not creak and crunch as opposed to the bed. Every your move in the bed is confirmed by a strong crrrrrkk!!!.....crrrrkk!!!...... Such terrible beds, like hundred years old, made by a poor carpenter's hand now from their age falling apart on joints (it's noticeable when you look under) It's a huge shame for a 4star hotel like they pretend to be. After two weeks on that bed I have got strong pain in my back!
- room walls are paper thin, you clearly hear what is happening in the rooms next to yours. Talking, snoring, watching tv, shifting furniture, toilet activity.. - you will hear all those things everyday.
- The hotel is so acoustic by itself, and people slamming their door, everyday housekeeping activity and all those things drive you crazy, and there is no escape from it because after my quick "inspection" I can say that this hotel does not have any quiet and peaceful rooms to escape to.
- Terrible sewer smell comes from the toilet area. More, my toilet bowl wasn't properly fixed to the floor, it moved when I was sitting on it, pretty scary.
- The hotel is extremely noisy during day and night. Strong noise, loud music, yelling and that strange echo comes from the pool area everyday. Following that, an unbearable loud live music (louder than in a concert!!) starts in the restaurant about 7pm and ends usually at 10pm. Everything shakes around when they play. Forget about watching tv, not to mention about sleeping. Ear plugs are strongly recommended. I feel for people staying in a front wing, straight over that restaurant. That must have been a real earthquake for them.
other minor things:
Swimming pool is simply small, has a few sun beds and no atmosphere. And all this for hundreds of people staying in the hotel. However this is not a problem comparing to listed above.
Breakfast was OK but for a week stay maximum as it almost does not change at all. After two weeks I had more than enough of their omelettes, sausages, bacon and poor coffee. However that's not a problem comparing to above listed points. You can live with that.
Housekeeping simply does not clean rooms, they only replace soap, gel, toilet paper and towels, however in my case they kept forgetting to leave clean bath towels, it happened a few times. Asking them for a towel that they forgot to leave causes they think you would like to take an extra one.. So hard and confusing to get them understand that they keep forgetting things.
However, this is nothing comparing to the extremely loud music listed above...as you can live without towels or dry yourself with a t-shirt if necessary.
Staff at the reception try to be helpful but they perform their job in poor manners, that you are even more confused than you were before. Try to ask a few people from the staff for the same thing. You will get a few different answers....
Wi-Fi internet is limited and works after you put a login & password obtained at the reception on a small piece of paper. It works for 3 days and after that you have to come back and ask them for another one.... I do not know if they have noticed we lived in 21-st century..
Hotel is located in a very very busy area of Seminyak, just by the loud and totally filled with motorbikes main street. A very convenient area if it comes to use of restaurants and small shops that sell all those basic things you need.
Meals at the restaurant are expensive, drinks even more.
Personally I completely did not like the Seminyak beach as it is black like dirt and has a very bad smelling sewer creek cutting the beach in half. In addition the sewer drops into the Ocean.....
Strange policy during breakfast. You can not come there wearing normally looking complimentary hotel slippers, but you can come there on bare foot and you can smoke cigarettes like a furnace while others try to eat their first meal of the day next to your table. Sitting in a non-smoking area does not work as thick smoke comes everywhere. Breakfast time SHOULD BE a non-smoking time. Why the management can't understand that?
Overall, more negatives than positives after my stay. Reading reviews about this hotel before I was hoping that it is going to be a nice one, however it is not nice. Not nice at all. Lack of green (trees, lawns etc) makes it look like a concrete monster. And oh, I forgot to say - there is constantly performed maintenance work around the hotel. Painting, deck sanding, high-pressure cleaning, banging, hammering etc..Really painful for your eyes and ears.
I will repeat - STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU ARE DEAF OR HAVE REALLY THICK EAR PLUGS.
Otherwise it is a waste of money only. Hope my opinion helps you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Haven, a resort that brings a natural elegance into one of Bali's most animated areas. With its sophisticated contemporary design, The Haven sits befittingly alongside the chic shopping strips and eclectic mixture of urban dining and party venues of Seminyak. Being only a short distance from the ever-famous Seminyak Beach as well, where we have our very own exclusive Beach Club, this resort is made for the modern traveller coming to Bali, the Island of the Gods. Surrounded by verdant landscaped grounds and two refreshing swimming pools to choose from, that tropical holiday feeling is with you throughout your stay. With 3 complexes of accommodation, our hotel, suites or villas, complete with modern amenities and designer furnishings, there is something for everyone at The Haven Seminyak. This urbane refuge is also home to the alluring Atma Spa, two vibrant international restaurants, a hospitable departure lounge, meeting facilities, a fitness centre and numerous guest activities and facilities. The Haven Seminyak is exactly what it says it is: your exclusive refuge in the very core of Bali's most happening area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Haven Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Haven Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- The Haven Seminyak Hotel And Suites
- The Haven Hotel Seminyak
- The Haven Bali Seminyak