“Surprise Stay: Upgrade to Suites”
Review of The Haven Bali

The Haven Bali
Ranked #64 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Hong Kong, China
“Surprise Stay: Upgrade to Suites”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Book through travel agent for just one night in The Haven Hotel, but when we arrive @ The Haven Hotel, they give us surprise, they upgrade us to The Haven Suites (in the back of the The Haven). The Suites have a more spacious room, more serene, with more luxury amenities, and different breakfast area.

Price: the price itself is cheap (USD 65 for hotel room-but they upgrade us to Suite), they have nearly same design with Anantara Uluwatu (which USD 400) a night, they called their design concept "Naturally Elegant".

Location: is busy street of main seminyak street, near the shoppes, double six road, and they have a beach club near Cocoon (complimentary transfer between resort and beach club).

Recommended: Yes.
Return To Sleep: Yes, because they've treated us by giving an upgrade.

As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

we are honeymooners and we just got married on 3rd November 2013, and we stay at the haven from 4Nov to 6 Nov 2013. I already book from october through travel agent and request doyble bed rooms not twins. When we arrived and check in, we get twins room, what a very disappointed for us, i tried to explain that i already request for double bed and guy in the desk just answered it was based on the avaibility of hotels and he offer me to pay extra 50usd to upgrade our room to suite, I just dont get it how come they treat us like that, I was so angry, I said we are honeymooners but he didnt care and insist us to accept twin rooms or pay another extra. The day after he said that we can move to double rooms and at that time we were in a rush due to we go to rafting and staff said will move our luggage so dont worry. We back from rafting and staff gave me the key to our rooms and i found another dissappointment that my apple strudle in the refrigerator was gone, my husband called housekeeping and they said there is no food in there, we were so upset. From the beginning the staff never say sorry, and they choose kept us dissappointment without solution, and when my food gone the staff never said sorry too, they just gave us statement letter that they didnt find our food. Overall we were so upset and dissappointment and never go back to that hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank LindaTan_7
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear LindaTan_7,
Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!
I am so sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you due to our fully-booked situation. We hope you understand that we do not guarantee any bed type upon booking, however we do our best to accommodate our guest with their request.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs.
Warmest Regards from Bali,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Recently my partner and I stayed at The Haven Seminyak and we're very impressed with the high level of cleanliness throughout the entire hotel. The buffett breakfast each morning was amazing with a great, fresh variety and the hotel staff were very efficient and friendly.
Overall fantastic and would certainly recommend to stay there!!

Room Tip: The location is very central to everything however given it's on a main busy road sometimes it c...
2 Thank fleur_vocale
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear fleur_vocale,

Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at The Haven Seminyak and our breakfast as our guest satisfaction is our top priority.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Warmest Regards from Bali

Sydney
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights before heading to Intercontinental Bali in Jimbaran Bay (see my review)
The Haven is okay, Staff are not friendly at all at the front desk and the lack of maps, guides & brochures in rooms or lobby is frustrating. There is a travel desk open in the day but not really that great.

When Garuda flights get in late at night, would be great to have some literature about the area.
My room was way way way way down the back.. The rooms look over a pool and into the opposite rooms.
The truth is the hotel has no "Balinese" flavour.. You could be anywhere!
If you are up at the back of the hotel? Head out the back of the restaurant and down the steps, go left to the end and left again.. in less time it takes to walk to the front of the hotel you are on the street.

The price was reasonable here but I didn't like the distrusting nature ie: There is an entire price list in your room that includes everything including the mattress protector and soap dish!! They also radio someone when you check out to make sure you didn't "nick" anything. As I am not a thief and don't even take shampoos etc.. I felt it was OTT..

It is impossible to get anything dry as your room is in constant shadow, I stayed here for convenience and if you are looking for a view this would not be the place.

Breakfast? VERY basic and if you want bacon or eggs? head to a makeshift picnic table, I have no clue why they don't just throw it in the bain marie because it is just sitting on the grill "cold" anyway!

Your 2 welcome drinks? Are non alcoholic! So don't expect some exotic welcome cocktail.

Look, It's a basic hotel, clean, air-con works, facilities are ample.. A good location if you want to walk around.
There is a fabulous bar opposite and also a circle K for essentials and you can use their atm.. don't bother with currency exchanges - it's a nightmare! Just use an ATM.

Would I go back? Probably not as it was neither here nor there, I would recommend it on location and ease or for families. It's clean and beds and bathroom do the job.

The front desk staff ALL need to smile, and gain more knowledge and be a bit more helpful.

Oh, and security out the front is good but I think just for show because the back has none, so who is stopping anyone coming in the back entrance??

Room Tip: Ask for one near the front reception if you don't want a long walk..
2 Thank Libstars
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Very spacious suite includes kitchen but no utensils. We were surprised to hear that we would have to pay for the 2nd bucket of ice. Free bottled water are rather small considering the temperature outside. The bathroom makes a tired impression and could do with a make-over. Service was very friendly and breakfast was pretty nice.

1 Thank Angela H
Dear Angela H,

Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a great experience and enjoy our Suite. Please note that kitchen utensils are available upon request. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Warmest Regards from Bali

Beaufort, NC
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We are staying in a standard room which is fine for two- cleaned promptly daily and well kept. The hotel also has suites and villas. While the pool is often crowded in the hotel area, there is a whole other pool in the suites area that is generally not crowded.
Unlike other reviewers, there seem to be plenty of staff even though the resort is definitely big- I've always gotten prompt responses to all requests, always with a smile and excellent service.
The breakfast is outstanding- pretty much anything you could want and plenty of it.
There are live bands that play at Sabeen the restaurant, so the hotel room area can be loud at night- but the bands all stop, as advertised, at 10:00 pm, so this is reasonable.
Hotel is in a good location- walk to beach and shops.
Pool and grounds are very well kept and lovely. I'd stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank BeaufortTarheel
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The place is just awesome! Good service, friendly staff, breakfast fed me for the whole day and really modern installations. The three swimmings pools are just fantastic. You can get a driver to get you around inside the hotel, so you don't need to concern about going on the streets and try to find someone. I haven't got the opportunity to use the spa, it was fully booked! Anyway...if you are not planning to spend loads of money on something really "out-of-space"....I really recommend this place, a good mixed between good price and a bit of "fancy" kind of style.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo