The Haven Bali
Bali Hotel Pearl(Legian)
BudhaStay(Seminyak)
Bonsai Villas(Seminyak)
1,996 results
All reviewshaven roomsabeen restaurantbedroom suitebeach clubbintang supermarketstandard roombuffet breakfastan upgradeground floorday bedclose to shopspool sidenice poolthe main streetthe hustle and bustleseminyak areapools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Jan Carlzon of SAS fame spoke about the customer's moment of truth. I noticed a Trip Advisor award prominently displayed behind the front desk at this hotel. But my wife and I had a not too happy experience at this hotel.
For starters, the airconditioning system in this hotel sucks.................it takes an awful long time to reach the desired temperature. We were informed by front office the duration was normally an hour..........our experience, more like three hours or so! This was most disappointing.
In addition, although we stayed on the fourth floor of the hotel, our afternoon siesta was disturbed by screaming and shouting by small kids at the pool below our room.........and our balcony doors were shut. And to top it all, the loud sounds of the band at the Sabeen restaurant could be clearly heard from our room!
Overall, the room was well appointed, clean and comfortable but the twin beds need to be replaced asap. They squeak whenever we turn while sleeping. The service at the Sabeen was friendly and attentive and we would like to commend Rutmini and Nia as well as many others. The breakfast spread while it was generous was quite bland and of average quality.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

All the facility is good , nice pool , and i have enjoy the spa , was so good , but the breakfast menu is not delicious , and only 1 menu for local food , and the limit breakfast untill 10am , i hope they can extend the limit time , sometimes its too lazy to wake up early when you on your holiday

The hotel and the suite has different loby , thats why when you stay on suite you get so private

Location is good near to the beach , rent car , food

Room Tip: Im stay at yhe 1st floor , but i saw on the ground floor was good , but a little bit noisy when somebody swimming at pool , because the ground floor direct to the pool
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Spent 4 nights here looking to relax but only got a daily dose of stress. Totally unorganised and very unhelpful. Day one we check into our room and find the air conditioning not working very well. Gave it some time time to cool down but after a night of sweating reported it to reception. They send a guy who looks at the control panel and walks out. Asked reception what was happening and they advised "it will be fixed in 3 to 4 hours. Not ideal but I'm a patient guy so I waited. 4 hours laer still sweating. To their credit they gave me an upgrade to a 1 br suite. Guess what? The air con was not working well here either. Advised reception a number of times, they didnt want to know about it, told me to press the control button. Ended up giving up due to the lack of interest and sweated it out. Next day I asked for a power adaptor. 4 calls to reception later someone finally turns up with one, an hour later another staff member turns up with another one. Next day the security guard refuses my girl friend entry to the hotel as she was returning from work. Informed the manager this was embarassing and not good enough as se had been there for several days with me, he didnt seem to care less and gave me a blank look, not even an apology. Next day my flight is changed and I requested a late check out. You would have thought I was asking for their first born. Someone has the room booked so you cant have late check out. No offer of another room jut a flat out refusal. Spoke to the manager and he was as unhelpful as any manager you will ever meet. No apologies for anything and no atempt to assist. I have stayed in many hotels in Bali, this one has the worst service and is the most disorganised Ihave ever seen. May I also add it is extremely overpriced. Can do so much better for the rate they charge. I wont be ging back to this comedy of a hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this one or at least don expect assitance if things go wrong.
3  Thank Territorian66
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a two bedrooms suite (room 416 and 417 from 10 to 14 Dec 2013. Originally was given another suitebut the aircon in the suite was not working so they shifted us to 416 and 417. However the aircon in the new suite was also not working well. I phoned numerous times at the reception to complain abt the aircon.

The temp was set to 18 degree in the 2 bedrooms and the living room but the rooms were just room temperature. I even had to fan my daughters to sleep at night. Very disappointing in this regard. Thru out my 4 nites, I couldnt feel the cold air from the aircon. However the temp did feel abit better from the 3rd day onwards. Read abit better.

Its was our 2nd time stay in this hotel this year. However my confidence has shaken due to the aircon issue.

Rooms were ok, bed was comfortable. Staff was polite and greet you whenever they walk pass you. Breakfast was good. Rooms were quiet and my family didnt get bitten by mosquitoes during our stay there. Well, it could be also because we were wearing anti mosquito band when going out.

Location was not too bad. Abt a 5 mins walk to the beach. The security guards will help to get a taxi or stop the traffic for you if you need to cross the road. Easy to find resturants, massages and shops.

My kids enjoyed the pool near the lobby where the is a basketball net on the wall of the pool where we can play basketball in the the pool.

Overall it is a good hotel which I will recommend to friends, just hope they are not as unlucky as I am to get rooms with aircon issue.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We just spent 8 nights in an apartment at the Haven for my 50th birthday ... What a beautiful place to stay.. staff are amazing and so welcoming. Spent the morning of my birthday in the day spa , what a beautiful experience that was... the nightly entertainment was exceptional.. Food in all areas impressive... Thank you we will definitely be back

Room Tip: Apartments are great, private , quiet and off the main street...