“Nice exterior environment and good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Haven Bali

The Haven Bali
Ranked #62 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Mauritius
“Nice exterior environment and good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

As soon as we entered the hotel yard, we received a warm welcome from the staff and we were announced that we had been entitled to a free upgrade to a suite. The pool and environment is amazing specially in the suite area.The room was clean and good. The location was the best thing about this hotel. Being in the suite area gives you a fast access to the back road which leads easily to the beach.The hotel also provides a shuttle bus (from 9 am to 5 pm) which would take you to the nearby areas and you'll have access to chairs and umbrella on the beach till 5 pm only.The swimming pool is cozy and relaxing as you can admire the wonderful garden in the suite area. The breakfast was amazing specially the pancakes and the orange juice. Very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Having a room in the suite area gives you the privilege of having a balcony and a nice view on the w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Breakfast 90% great. only Omelette isn't cook on spot. it got leave for few moment.
But overall, environment is Great while staying with The Haven.
Yet convenient enough to access other places.
Staffs were friendly, helpful and welcoming.
Overall Very Statisfied staying with The Haven.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We recently stayed a week at The Haven Seminyak. We booked a standard deluxe room which included breakfast, the breakfast was great! So many choices and even after a week we weren't sick of what they had to offer (Recommend the pancakes). All the staff were extremely friendly and said hello every time they walked past you. On our first night we realised our bed frame was broken so everytime you would get in or out, or even roll over it would make the worst noise like it was going to collapse. That morning I went down to reception and advised of this issue and they said they would arrange something to fix it, this did happen but we found that they only propped it up with pieces of timbers... Worked... kind of.
One of the major negatives we found was the live music they have every night in the front restaurant, if you are trying to get an early night (partner had Bali belly) or if you have young children that go to bed before 10pm there is no hope in getting to sleep, the sound just echos through the complex. The location was great, close to shops, restaurants and walking distance to the beach. My Partner also got a massage from the onsite day spa and he said it was one of the best massages he has ever had.
Overall this is a nice hotel but if I had a choice I would opt to stay in the suites as the area around them are a lot quieter and the pool is nicer.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Jess_xo6,
Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience and enjoy our hotel, breakfast, and location. Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Southport, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great exterior, beautiful garden and pool areas. Staff was amazing and very helpful. Great selection of food for breakfast. Our delux room was specious and comfortable. Big bathroom with a shower. A bit too far from the beach but close to the shops and main street.

Room Tip: I prefered the rooms in the second building further from the street.
1 Thank Iza D
Dear Iza D,
Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience and enjoy our hotel. Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. We have a complimentary shuttle to the Beach club. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I have just came back from 13 days in bali at The Haven in a 2 bedroom suite. The staff are amazing and so helpful, they go beyond and above to assist and the breakfast is Devine with a great selection. The suites however are very run down, they need to be renovated and the pool area needs more work as it's very plain and simple. Overall we had a great stay, I would go back there only because how amazing all the staff were there. I give the hotel 3.5 out of 5.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Rhondd
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, , kudos to the design of the hotel. Great Exterior and concept. However, didn't much patronize the hotel's facility as not much of time, been busy with outdoor activities.

First of all, Hotel is located at the Central of Seminyak, surrounded with plenty of individual well designed fashionable shops, well enjoy the while also surrended with plenty of restaurant, italian, western, local cuisine which will lighten your day with their food, especially with an affordable price.

While restaurant was mentioned, around hotel area also full of convenient store and Bintang shopping centre which can purchased full necessary items.
Hotel is near to a beach as well, with only 5-10minutes walking distance, beach activity is also available along with it.

Basically hotel stay was great. However, be caution on the airport transfer that being arranged by staff there. Staff mentioned aiport transfer fee @ USD25nett (around 285k RP) while you will be able to find a price @ USD25nett OR 250k RP. Which confused me on the price, nevertheless it's not much different but i thnk it's better with a standardize price to avoid hassle.

PS: Should go to massage, i will recommend Jari Menari, 10-15 minutes walking distance from Haven Bali. Great Massage.

Thanks!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear BenziTraveller,
Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience and enjoy our hotel and location. Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Wakefield, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked a one bedroom suite for 12 nights as we had stayed a couple nights in the hotel section before and we were looking for an affordable hotel to stay in as it was a spur of the moment trip and we didnt want to break our wallet.
To start off with the positives. I love the location of this hotel, its not on the beach, but if you stay in the suites/villa sections then its a short walk out the back entrance to the beach, there are a ton of restaurants and shops everywhere within walking distance. The suites are very affordable, under $100 a night and they are spacious and include a full refrigerator, very convenient and affordable to buy your drinks at circle k (stay out of mini mart, they like to overcharge tourists). The staff is very friendly always greeting you. The breakfast had its highlights, the egg station and pancake/waffle stations mainly.
The reason I gave it a poor rating was based on several reasons. Firstly, the rooms are obviously old and worn, they are badly in need of a renovation. The layout of the rooms is odd also, especially the bathroom. There is a large bathtub but the shower just consists of a nozzle from the ceiling. Getting in and out of the bathtub to take a shower is very dangerous, my wife slipped the first day and had a large bruise on her leg. I addressed this with the front desk and explained we had two small children and this was a real hazard and checked to see if it was possible to switch to another room, after some back and forth she clearly understood, we wanted a room that had a regular shower, we did not care if there was a bathtub or not. She then explained all the rooms are exactly the same except the two bedroom suites and if i wanted to switch to one there would be a charge. She then got on the phone to check the rate and when she was done, she said yes all the rooms are the same except for the two bedroom suites, i told here we had already covered this and i thought she was calling to check the increased rate. She then came back to tell me it would be an extra $150 a night. I explained i could just book one online for $150, so the increase was crazy, she had no idea what i was talking about, so i just gave up. As we had prepaid the hotel, we were stuck here for the duration. I had first booked the hotel for 5 nights and was planning to go somewhere else, but we then decided to just stay there the entire time, so i had two bookings. I clarified this on checkin and the confirmed that I could stay in the same room and the stay would not be interrupted. I received a bill on the 5th night and i figured i should talk to somebody just to make sure. So i went to the front desk in the morning before breakfast and explained i had two bookings and was not checking out. After telling the employee everything, she started talking to me about my previous request for a room upgrade with a separate shower. I was not speaking anything about this, but I said it would be great to switch to a room with a separate shower, she then told me that they don't have any as all rooms are the same and my only choice was to upgrade to a two bedroom suite at the $150 charge. I told her not to worry about it but i wanted to make sure i was all set to stay the next 7 days in the same room and everything was ok, she confirmed. We then went out and came back around lunch time and sure enough our room key did not work as they thought we were checking out.
The breakfast had its ups and downs, the eggs, bacon and sausage, waffles, pancakes and pastries were all pretty good. The rest of the food was basically all cold or luke warm. The coffee was awful, it must be instant coffee. We stayed here for 12 days and its supposed to be a smaller boutique hotel but yet they never remembered our names or room number. On the weekends, we had to wait for a table, not very well planned if you ask me.
The staff here is all very nice, i feel bad saying anything negative about them, but they definitely need better training. Several times i spoke to somebody and they clearly did not understand me but just said yes and my request was forgotten. They have the best of intentions, but they just don't know what they are doing. For example the entrance to the suites has a staircase you must walk up, no handicap or child stroller accessibility. After watching me cary the stroller up and down the stairs for several days, i thought to myself, the entrance to the parking garage is just around the corner, maybe i could go down there straight to the elevator. After asking, i found out it was very convenient and saved em a lot of trouble (its actually faster for anybody who is planning to use the elevator. I wonder why the people who sit out there all day would watch me carry the stroller up and down the stairs (even helping on occasion) would not mention this. I would not stay here again, if you are looking for a budget hotel with 3 star standards and service i guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hikelarson
Dear Hikelarson,
Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!

We acknowledged all the concerns and certainly will use this to guide us in reaching the target in delivering better services to our valued customers. I had shared all of your concern to all related Department Head and a constructive action is currently implemented to ensure occurrence of the same problem will not be happening to our future guests.