“The Haven doesn't have it ...”
Review of The Haven Bali

The Haven Bali
Ranked #63 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed four days in The Haven.
Was is worth while? Yes and No. Yes because we slept well ( after asking for another room because of a creaking bed) which I find is most important when sleeping in a hotel. Yes, because it’s clean. Important. No, because the finish of the suites ( Tile work -bathroom) is sloppy. Yes, because the swimming pool is very large. No. because they don’t profide a relaxing area at all. Loud rock music, playing Maroon 5 all day long….. that’s not a relaxing or a romantic experience I would say. No, because at sunset time a band in the restaurant is playing so loud that some guests are closing their balcony because of the noise.
The staff though is very friendly and helpfull. Will I come back ? Don't think so. Well, than only for the swimmg pool...… not for the atmosphere….

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank willemjacob
There are newer reviews for The Haven Bali

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is by far a great hotel to stay at.

Relaxed, informal and TWO pools (a must for kids). Ask for the rooms at the rear of the hotel - it's away from the road, and after staying here several times, the front hotel block always seems louder and busier (think band at the restaurant.

I'd fully recommend this to families as well as couples. We'll be coming back!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I ve been staying in lots of great and five star hotels in bali,in nusa dua,ubud,and seminyak,so far this is the worst!

We booked suite room with 2 bedrooms and it located far away from lobby, that is ok.

Had a bad experiences during breakfast, i ordered omelette and because i had toddler with me so i ask the omelette cooker , his name is Aryadi,to bring it to my table when he finishes and in a rude and half yelling way he said he can not do that for me,

Next one- my 2 year old son love the bread and I bring 1 small bread wrapped in tissue to bring to my room, because my kid needs to go to toilet,guess what, the waiter stopped me and said " you can not take away food from here!"and he gave his hand in front of my face and force me give the bread to him, this is very embarrassing for me! It looks like I never have eaten bread before and want to steal their bread!, I will never stay in this hotel again

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Holiday2311
Reviewed 17 April 2014

As soon as we entered the hotel yard, we received a warm welcome from the staff and we were announced that we had been entitled to a free upgrade to a suite. The pool and environment is amazing specially in the suite area.The room was clean and good. The location was the best thing about this hotel. Being in the suite area gives you a fast access to the back road which leads easily to the beach.The hotel also provides a shuttle bus (from 9 am to 5 pm) which would take you to the nearby areas and you'll have access to chairs and umbrella on the beach till 5 pm only.The swimming pool is cozy and relaxing as you can admire the wonderful garden in the suite area. The breakfast was amazing specially the pancakes and the orange juice. Very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Having a room in the suite area gives you the privilege of having a balcony and a nice view on the w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Breakfast 90% great. only Omelette isn't cook on spot. it got leave for few moment.
But overall, environment is Great while staying with The Haven.
Yet convenient enough to access other places.
Staffs were friendly, helpful and welcoming.
Overall Very Statisfied staying with The Haven.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We recently stayed a week at The Haven Seminyak. We booked a standard deluxe room which included breakfast, the breakfast was great! So many choices and even after a week we weren't sick of what they had to offer (Recommend the pancakes). All the staff were extremely friendly and said hello every time they walked past you. On our first night we realised our bed frame was broken so everytime you would get in or out, or even roll over it would make the worst noise like it was going to collapse. That morning I went down to reception and advised of this issue and they said they would arrange something to fix it, this did happen but we found that they only propped it up with pieces of timbers... Worked... kind of.
One of the major negatives we found was the live music they have every night in the front restaurant, if you are trying to get an early night (partner had Bali belly) or if you have young children that go to bed before 10pm there is no hope in getting to sleep, the sound just echos through the complex. The location was great, close to shops, restaurants and walking distance to the beach. My Partner also got a massage from the onsite day spa and he said it was one of the best massages he has ever had.
Overall this is a nice hotel but if I had a choice I would opt to stay in the suites as the area around them are a lot quieter and the pool is nicer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Jess_xo6,
Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience and enjoy our hotel, breakfast, and location. Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Warmest Regards from Bali

The Management

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great exterior, beautiful garden and pool areas. Staff was amazing and very helpful. Great selection of food for breakfast. Our delux room was specious and comfortable. Big bathroom with a shower. A bit too far from the beach but close to the shops and main street.

Room Tip: I prefered the rooms in the second building further from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iza D

Dear Iza D,
Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience and enjoy our hotel. Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. We have a complimentary shuttle to the Beach club. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Warmest Regards from Bali