This hotel is segregated into 3 sections, the hotel, suites, and villa sections. We had stayed in a 2 bedroom suite so be sure you validate what you're booking.
The positives were as follows:
- Suite was very spacious, approximately 1,000 s.f.
- Location of property is convenient if you intend on spending the majority of your time in Seminyak, generally central within shopping, nightlife, dining, and beaches
The negatives were as follows:
- Lack of the wonderful character you would expect from any hotel in Bali
- Craftmenship in hotel finish was mediocre (i.e. 1) our shower door didn't close properly, 2) toilet not fastened to floor securely, 3) mid to low-end finishes on furnishings, 4) horrible shower heads! It was so bad we had to ask for them to fix it)
- Late checkout was a hassle. The latest front desk offered was 1pm, which was bogus given that we travelled during low season and the hotel was clearly not at capacity. We did end up negotiating a 3pm checkout but only after significant effort
- Breakfast is substandard - found a fly in my porridge (croissants are well done though)
- Pool sits in the shade for most of the day, which may be ok for some folks, but not my preference since I prefer to tan
Closing comments are that the hotel is mediocre and characterless, on an island where countless wonderful options exist. We travel to Bali numerous times a year, so am familiar with the quality of options available. The hotel was "ok", but we were generally disappointed by what we got and wouldn't recommend this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Haven, a resort that brings a natural elegance into one of Bali's most animated areas. With its sophisticated contemporary design, The Haven sits befittingly alongside the chic shopping strips and eclectic mixture of urban dining and party venues of Seminyak. Being only a short distance from the ever-famous Seminyak Beach as well, where we have our very own exclusive Beach Club, this resort is made for the modern traveller coming to Bali, the Island of the Gods. Surrounded by verdant landscaped grounds and two refreshing swimming pools to choose from, that tropical holiday feeling is with you throughout your stay. With 3 complexes of accommodation, our hotel, suites or villas, complete with modern amenities and designer furnishings, there is something for everyone at The Haven Seminyak. This urbane refuge is also home to the alluring Atma Spa, two vibrant international restaurants, a hospitable departure lounge, meeting facilities, a fitness centre and numerous guest activities and facilities. The Haven Seminyak is exactly what it says it is: your exclusive refuge in the very core of Bali's most happening area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Haven Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Haven Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- The Haven Seminyak Hotel And Suites
- The Haven Hotel Seminyak
- The Haven Bali Seminyak