From the arrival at the airport (yes, make sure you get the Visa Assistance, to ensure you don't have to face the 2 hour queue with the hoards) and transfer, you are made to feel very special indeed.
Arriving at W Bali is like arriving at the exotic lair of one of the super villains in a James Bond movie. The sense of arrival is unparralelled with a sensational landscaped driveway comprising of an expanse of water on each side of the driveway and flame lighting features which almost feels like you are arriving through the middle of one of the active Bali volcanos with lava spilling over edge (try to arrive at night). The lobby appears bathed in constantly shifting intelligent LED lighting. The only thing missing is the stainless steel, egg shaped monorail that no self respecting villain would be with out.
The welcome is complete with Bond girl glamour reception staff and stylised bellmen however no scarred bald guy in Mandarin collar suit with hairless cat was spotted. So if you can imagine this was the arrival, the rest of the stay was just as impressive.
The rooms have names like WOW, Spectacular and Extreme and as much as that sounds a bit affected, when you see the room it is actually apt. The view from our "Spectacular Ocean View room" was just that, so there is truth in advertising and well worth it. Being a W hotel the decor is naturally modern and all the quirky touches are there for W afficiandos to feel at home.
Likewise with W's focus on restaurants and bars this hotel does not fail to impress. The breakfast is a dream with an interactive buffet style complemented by the random flavoursome "handout" which were "Lobster Nachos", Belgian Waffles with Strawberries, Breakfast Burrito and in the name of healthy living there were Wheatgrass shots. The selections changed daily so for our 7 night stay it was never boring.
If you are staying over a weekend then the Sunday brunch is a must. The list of fare is far too extensive to list but there are many morsels of deliciousness to be savoured. We spent 2 1/2 hours in our own bamboo pod over looking the ocean, just grazing away with a lovely Italian Pinot Grigio thrown in for good measure (very sad but in Bali the wine is very exxy).
The location was terrific for us because we wanted to do nothing but relax all week, so we only ventured out to the bars and restaurants close by. The staff recommended a couple of stand out places as follows:
Potatohead Bar is next door - Spot on the cocktail selection - thirst quenching, long and icy during the day and knock outs for evening. DJ line up (especially the spunky Aussie lady at sunset) provided perfect tunes for the soundtrack to the holiday.
Sip Restaurant - Trad Froggie fare Michelin star quality
Sarong Restaurant - The highlight for dinner - showcasing the best Indo / Asia dishes in swanky surrounds.
Enough said I think. The holiday was exactly what we were looking for and all thanks to W Bali staff and Management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Starwood, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your W Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- W Bali - Seminyak